Creamy, herby Hidden Valley Ranch dip with bacon & cheddar is everything you want in a dip.
Serve it at your next party, and it’ll vanish in a flash!
The ranch seasoning takes plain old sour cream to a whole new level with its herby, oniony flavors.
And to be honest, the two of them together make a pretty fantastic dip. But to make it more addictive, let’s add cheddar cheese and bacon, shall we?
It’s ideal for parties and BBQs and great with everything from crackers and bagel bites to veggies.
So if you’re on the hunt for an easy yet delectable dip to accompany that lonely bag of chips, this Hidden Valley ranch dip with bacon & cheddar won’t disappoint.
Easy Ranch Dip Recipe with Bacon and Cheddar
When I say this dip is easy to make, I mean it’s so simple, it’s almost embarrassing!
Unlike other dip recipes, this one doesn’t require cooking or baking. Instead, it’s just a matter of mixing ingredients in a bowl, and boom, you’re done.
But despite how simple it is, the finished product will knock your socks off.
It perfectly balances salty, savory, rich, and tangy. And its fun flavors and textures will liven up any party.
As you can see, you don’t need much to make this one. In fact, I bet you have most of it already!
- Sour Cream – It serves as the base of the dip. It’s smooth, creamy, rich, and tangy – all the characteristics you want.
- Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dip Mix – This powder mix is responsible for the dip’s earthy, herby, and peppery flavors.
- Cheddar Cheese – The best cheese to go with sour cream and ranch.
- Bacon – A fun way to add saltiness and crunch! Leave it out if you have vegetarians coming.
How to Make Hidden Valley Ranch Dip
This is by far one of the easiest dips I’ve featured on my page. So if you’re looking for a near-effortless recipe, this is it.
1. Combine the ingredients.
Start with just the sour cream and ranch dressing. Then, once they’re well combined, fold in the cheese and bacon bits.
Don’t feel like you have to follow my measurements to a tee, either! You can always add more bacon and cheese if you like, or other fun extras!
I like it with scallions too.
Just be sure to taste the dip as you add ingredients, so you know you’re on the right track.
2. Refrigerate the dip.
Now comes the hard part.
Of course, I won’t stop you from serving the dip right away. But trust me, it tastes so much better when left alone in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
It gives the flavors time to marry. The longer you wait, the more flavorful the dip will be.
So, once it’s mixed, cover the dip with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 1-2 hours.
3. Serve and enjoy!
Let the chilled dip come to room temperature for several minutes. Then, give it a good stir and serve.
This dip pairs well with all kinds of dippers. Tortilla chips, potato chips, pita chips, crackers, toasted bread, vegetable sticks, you name it!
Tips and Variations
- Use the measurements as a guide, especially when it comes to the cheese and bacon. I won’t judge if you add more! In fact, I encourage it!
- Make your dip even cheesier by swapping half of the sour cream with cream cheese. Feel free to use light cream cheese – it just won’t be as thick.
- Use store-bought bacon bits for convenience. Or make up a big batch and freeze them for later. You could even use turkey bacon or faux bacon.
- Add finely chopped vegetables for crunch and color. You can’t go wrong with broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, carrots, and celery.
- Mix in pretzel bits or chopped almonds for more texture and flavor. Add those right before serving to keep them from going soggy.
- Spice it up with hot sauce, red pepper flakes, or chopped jalapeños. Finely dice any chilies you add, and be sure to taste it!
How to Store Ranch Dip with Bacon & Cheddar
Ranch dip will keep fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days. However, bear in mind that the bacon bits will start to soften over time.
Of course, it’s so simple you don’t really need to make this ahead.
That said, you can mix the sour cream with dry mix, then add the bacon and cheese just before serving.
Either way, be sure to cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap or a lid.
That’ll keep the dip from absorbing the flavors and odors of other residents in your fridge.
Let the dip soften on the counter for 10-15 minutes, give it a good stir, and serve.
More Dip Recipes You’ll Enjoy
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?