Knorr Spinach Dip is savory and creamy and perfect for parties.
That little packet of Knorr Vegetable Mix isn’t just for soups; it’s the secret to crafting the ultimate cold dip!
It hits that sweet spot of nostalgia and flavor, and it’s so easy to whip together in a jiffy.
The richness and creamy, crunchy texture of this recipe will make this dip the life of the party.
So, hollow out that pumpernickel bread, and let’s take a look at this fantastic Knorrs Spinach Dip recipe!
Here’s everything you’ll need to whip up this amazing recipe. You’ll find detailed instructions and ingredient amounts at the bottom of the post.
For now, let’s take a quick look at these simple ingredients.
- Spinach. It’s called spinach dip, after all! To me, this is the best way to get kids to like spinach.
- Sour cream and mayonnaise. I like to use a blend of these two creamy dressings for a healthier dip. If you want an even more wholesome alternative, opt for Greek yogurt.
- Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix. It’s the secret ingredient that makes this cold dip recipe wildly flavorful.
- Water chestnuts. They add the most wonderful crunch that pairs well with the creaminess of this recipe.
- Green onions. For a pop of color and a nice, earthy, and peppery flavor.
How to Make Knorr Spinach Dip
Making this spinach dip is easy on the dishes. All you need is one bowl, a mixing spoon, and a little patience as it chills.
Here’s a quick rundown of how this sour cream dip comes together. Don’t worry, I’ll get into more detail at the bottom of the page!
1. Combine. Place spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, vegetable mix, water chestnuts, and green onion in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
2. Chill. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and then place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
3. Serve. Enjoy this creamy dip recipe with crackers, chips, or veggies, and dig in!
Tips for the Best Dip
Before you bust out that mixing bowl, take a quick look at these tips and tricks.
It’s an easy recipe to throw together, but make sure you follow these tips to make it even better!
- Always drain your spinach. Frozen spinach is notoriously watery. If you don’t drain it well, your dip will be watery and sloppy. No one wants that! Don’t be afraid to get in there with your hands to drain excess water.
- Try fresh spinach. Frozen spinach delivers the best flavor, but that stringy texture isn’t for everyone. If you don’t like the texture of frozen spinach, opt for fresh.
- Make a spinach and artichoke fusion. Can’t decide between spinach or artichoke dip? Why not both? Throwing in some artichoke hearts adds so much flavor, texture, and bonus nutrition.
- Add more color. For a pop of color, try adding some sun-dried tomatoes. It makes it wonderfully festive for the holidays! Plus, it adds a smokey depth of flavor that’s out of this world.
- Make it healthy. Simple swaps make this party dip a little healthier. Try swapping sour cream for Greek yogurt, and mayo for low-fat mayo. Trust me, no one will notice the difference.
How to Store Knorr Spinach Dip
Having leftover dip is not a problem. It stores incredibly well, and tastes even better the next day! For best results, make sure to follow these storage tips.
How to Make Ahead: The great thing about this recipe is you can prepare it a few days in advance. And leaving it chill in the fridge only enhances the flavors.
Make the recipe per the instructions below, and store it tightly in the fridge overnight.
To store. Simply cover the bowl with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge. Spinach dip will keep well for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
To Freeze. Unfortunately, Knorr’s spinach dip doesn’t freeze well. Once frozen, the sour cream becomes watery, and the water chestnuts lose their lovely crunch.
Want to improve upon the classics? This spinach dip is a blank canvas for your creativity! Here are some quick ways to improve upon perfection.
- Add bacon. Bacon makes everything better, right? Sprinkling a few bacon bits on tops adds subtle smokey flavor, and won’t overpower the dip.
- Make it ultra creamy. If you want a thicker dip, throw some cream cheese into the mix. It not only makes your dip thicker but adds a subtle sweetness.
- Try some cheese. No one ever added cheese to a recipe and regretted it. To add even more flavor and texture to this recipe, adding cheese is never a bad idea. Opt for classics like cheddar, or add a tart accent with a little feta or goat cheese.
- Try Lipton Spinach Mix. It has a slightly different flavor, but it’s still super tasty.
Wondering what goes best with this creamy dip recipe? Don’t worry, I have you covered. Check out some of these fantastic serving suggestions that will make your appetizer the life of the party.
- Try a bread bowl. Making a bread bowl is easier than you think. Pick up a pumpernickel loaf at the grocery store, and hollow it out to add the dip. But don’t throw away the insides! They make tasty dippers.
- Veggie platter. A tray of colorful sliced vegetables also makes a great option. Opt for all of the colors of the rainbow with radishes, cucumbers, bell peppers, cauliflower, and carrots.
- Crackers and chips. For added crunch and saltiness, chips and crackers are great dippers. They deliver a punch of saltiness that pairs so well with this dip. Opt for things like Ritz crackers, crunchy kettle chips, or tortilla chips.
More Cold Dips Recipes To Try
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?