This Neiman Marcus dip is the ideal party appetizer! It’s rich, creamy, and jam-packed with toasted almonds, bacon crumbles, and cheddar cheese.
It’s so tasty; it’ll be gone in minutes. You should probably double the recipe.
The flavors in this delicious dip recipe are fantastic. However, what I love most is its texture. It’s wonderfully creamy and soft but full of crunchy goodness.
So, try this Neiman Marcus dip if you want something extra special to serve at your next party. It won’t disappoint.
Neiman Marcus Dip Recipe
As the name suggests, this recipe first appeared at Neiman Marcus. Specifically, food services director Helen Corbitt created it for the Zodiac Room.
It was an instant hit. I mean, come on! Its nickname is million-dollar dip because it tastes like a million bucks!
Luckily, it doesn’t cost a million bucks to make. In fact, you only need five ingredients, and they’re all budget-friendly pantry staples!
You’ll need only five ingredients for this delicious Neiman Marcus appetizer. They are:
- Almonds. The crunchiness adds a nice textural contrast to the creamy dip.
- Bacon. Let’s face it, a dip isn’t a dip if it doesn’t have bacon!
- Cheese. Another dip must-have. The classic Neiman Marcus dip uses cheddar, but don’t let this stop you from trying other kinds.
- Green onion. It adds a wonderfully peppery and pungent flavor to the dip. It provides a lovely pop of color, as well.
- Mayonnaise. The dressing that ties all the ingredients together. As there are no other components added to the sauce, use mayo with a taste you like.
Can You Make Neiman Marcus Dip in Advance?
You can make Neiman Marcus dip in advance, and it’s actually highly recommended.
Neiman Marcus dip tastes better the next day because the flavors will meld and marry. Plus, this dip is best served cold.
So, make it far enough in advance that it has time to chill. Whip it up 1 to 2 days in advance, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tips for the Best Neiman Marcus Dip
You wouldn’t think there’d be many tips for such a simple recipe. But you know me! I always manage to come up with a few to make my recipes even easier!
- Use a sharp knife. When cutting the onion, a sharp knife is the only way to go. A dull blade will crush it, which will then release sulfur and make the onion overly pungent.
- Use good-quality mayo. It’s a key component of the dip. If it doesn’t taste good, your dip won’t be a success.
- Grate your own cheese! Pre-shredded cheese is coated with an anti-caking agent to keep the shreds from clumping together. It’ll make your dip less creamy. Also grate your cheese by hand.
- Take care with the presentation. Make it prettier by garnishing it with green onions, cheese, and bacon crumbles. It’s also a great way to let people know what’s inside the dip. You could also serve it in a bread bowl!
Here are a few variations to try:
- Switch up the cheeses! This is a great way to add flavor to the dip without changing too much of its composition. Try gouda, bleu cheese, or Swiss.
- Add some heat. Spice it up with cayenne pepper, paprika, or hot sauce. You could even add chopped jalapeños!
- Adjust the mayo. If you find mayo too rich, use equal parts mayo and sour cream instead. You can also throw a bit of softened cream cheese into the mix.
What to Serve with Neiman Marcus Dip
We’ve covered all the tips, tricks, and variations. Now, let’s talk about what to serve with this luscious dip. Here are some of my favorite dippers:
- Chips. Corn, tortilla, nachos, pita, kale – you name it.
- Biscuits, breadsticks, or crackers. I particularly love this dip with Ritz Crackers because of their buttery flavor.
- Assorted raw veggies. Make those boring veggie sticks a lot more exciting!
- Bagels. Use them to dip into it, or spread the dip over them as a topping.
More Dip Recipes You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?