This Neiman Marcus dip is rich, creamy, and jam-packed with toasted almonds, bacon crumbles, and cheddar cheese.
It’s so tasty; it’ll be gone in minutes – so you should probably make double!
The flavors in this delicious dip recipe are fantastic, but what I love most are the textures. It’s wonderfully creamy and soft but full of all kinds of crunchy goodness.
So, if you want something extra special to serve at your next party, try this Neiman Marcus dip. It won’t disappoint.
Neiman Marcus Dip Recipe
As the name suggests, this recipe was first found at a restaurant in Neiman Marcus.
And since it’s also known as million-dollar dip, you know this tastes like a million bucks.
But amazingly, you only need five ingredients, and they’re all pantry staples!
- Almonds – The crunchiness adds a nice textural contrast to the creamy dip.
- Bacon – Let’s face it, a dip isn’t a dip if it doesn’t have bacon!
- Cheese – Another dip must-have. The classic Neiman Marcus dip uses cheddar, but don’t let this stop you from trying other kinds.
- Green Onion – It adds a wonderfully peppery and pungent flavor to the dip. It adds a lovely pop of colors, as well.
- Mayonnaise – The dressing that ties all the ingredients together. As there are no other components added to the sauce, use mayo with a taste you like.
Tips for the Best Neiman Marcus Dip
- Use a sharp knife to slice the green onion. A dull blade will crush the onion instead of slice it, which will then release sulfur and give the onion a pungent taste.
- Use good-quality mayo. It makes up the dressing of the dip, so if it doesn’t taste good, your dip won’t be a success.
- Grate your own cheese! Pre-shredded cheese is coated with an anti-caking agent to keep the shreds from clumping together. Unfortunately, it slightly alters the taste too. I suggest a nice mature cheddar or something smoky.
- Make it prettier by garnishing it with green onions, cheese, and bacon crumbles. It’s also a great way to let people know what’s inside the dip.
- Here’s another excellent presentation idea: serve the dip in a bread bowl. This little trick will make it ten times more attractive!
- I doubt there’ll be any leftovers, but just in case, toss it up with elbow macaroni and shredded chicken. It’s an easy way to transform yesterday’s party appetizer into today’s lunch.
- The dip will keep well in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. Cover it tightly with plastic wrap to keep it from absorbing the odors/flavors of other items in the refrigerator.
Can You Make Neiman Marcus Dip in Advance?
Neiman Marcus dip can be made in advance, and it’s actually highly recommended. The reason is, Neiman Marcus dip tastes better the next day because the flavors will meld and marry. Plus, this dip is best served cold, so you need to make it far enough in advance that it has time to chill.
Whip it up 1 to 2 days in advance, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Switch up the cheeses! This is a great way to add flavor to the dip without changing too much of its composition. Try gouda, bleu cheese, and swiss.
- If you’ll only serve this dip to adults, spice it up with cayenne pepper, paprika, or hot sauce. You could even add chopped jalapeños!
- If you find mayo too rich, use equal parts mayo and sour cream instead. You can also throw a bit of softened cream cheese into the mix.
What to Serve with Neiman Marcus Dip
- Chips – corn, tortilla, nachos, pita, kale – you name it.
- Biscuits, Breadsticks, and Crackers – I particularly love this dip with Ritz Crackers because of their buttery flavor.
- Crudites – make those boring veggie sticks a lot more exciting!
More Dip Recipes You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?