Looking for the perfect snack for game day? Whip up this blue cheese dip recipe!
It’s creamy, tangy, and absolutely addictive. It’s also crazy easy to make!
Whether you’re hosting a party or enjoying a movie night, this creamy dip recipe is sure to please.
Blue Cheese Dip
Blue cheese can be divisive. It lends a rich, robust flavor, and in this recipe, it stands front and center.
But I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
That said, the blend of ingredients in this sour cream dip recipe mellows the cheese slightly.
You still get the bold, tangy deliciousness, but it is easier on the palette.
Featuring mayo, sour cream, herbs, garlic salt, and blue cheese – you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
Pair it with crunchy chips, fresh veggies, or spicy chicken wings. Or why not add a dollop to these crispy potato skins? No matter what, you’ll love it.
Here are the ingredients you need to make this delicious blue cheese dip recipe:
- Mayonnaise- This is the secret to making the dip silky smooth.
- Sour Cream- Adds a lovely tartness and even more creaminess, keeping the texture just right.
- Green Onions- Finely chopped, these bright green beauties are more than a garnish. They add a crisp freshness to the dip.
- Blue Cheese- Bold and tangy, it gives the dip its unique, irresistible flavor. It is creamy, crumbly, and downright delicious.
- Parsley- Dried parsley adds a subtle hint of earthiness and a dash of color. You can use finely chopped fresh parsley if you wish.
- Garlic Salt- This brings a bit of zing. A little goes a long way, but you can adjust to your liking.
How to Make Blue Cheese Dip
Like all good dip recipes, this is beyond easy to make. So follow these two simple steps to make blue cheese dip:
1. Mix everything in a bowl. It really is that easy! Just whisk until it’s smooth and well blended, then stir in the blue cheese.
2. Cover the bowl and chill. You can eat it right away, but it tastes better the longer it sits in the fridge.
Tips & Variations
Yes, this recipe is easy. But as always, I have a few tips and tricks to ensure it’s perfect every time!
- Make the dip smooth(ish). Instead of mixing the crumbles into the dip, squash them with a fork or spatula. It won’t be silky smooth, but it won’t be as chunky, either.
- Chill it overnight for best results. If you have the time, make it a day ahead. You can thank me later!
- Got leftovers? Turn it into a lush pasta sauce. Or get fancy and drizzle it over salmon or steak.
- Make it a salad dressing. Thin it down with a bit of milk or buttermilk, then drizzle it over leafy greens.
- The better the cheese, the better the dip. Try brands like Maytag, Stichelton, Stilton, Gorgonzola, Danish Blue, or Roquefort. The cheese world is your oyster!
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper. It brings a bit of heat and elevates the overall flavor.
- Lighten it up. Fat-free mayo and Greek yogurt would work in this recipe in place of full-fat mayo and sour cream. But they will change the taste and texture. So, start with 1/2 cup of each, then add them a little at a time.
Wondering what to serve with your blue cheese dip?
Try out these ideas:
- Chips: Sweet potato, air fryer potato chips, kettle, or ruffled chips. Better yet, mix them up! The crunchier, the tastier.
- Crackers: Crackers and blue cheese dip? Yes, please. This cool dip works beautifully with these spicy Alabama fire crackers.
- Bread: Warm and crispy bread is perfect for scooping up all that tasty dip. I recommend crostinis!
- Veggies: Carrots, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers- fresh crunch meets creamy dip. Yum!
- Salad: Perfect with a classic wedge salad and lots of bacon.
- Buffalo Chicken Wings: A match made in food heaven!
How to Store
Transfer the dip to an airtight container and pop it in the refrigerator. Remember to enjoy it within 2 days.
Do not freeze this dip! With all that dairy, it won’t thaw well.
More Dip Recipes You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?