Forget your troubles and get on island time with this Blue Hawaiian cocktail recipe!
Fruity, tropical, and sweet, it tastes like paradise in a glass. It’s made with pineapple juice, light rum, Blue Curacao, and cream of coconut.
This fun tiki cocktail will be the life of the party! So put your to-do list aside and lounge poolside with your friends and a Blue Hawaiian.
Why You’ll Love This Drink
The Blue Hawaiian cocktail is a classic tiki drink that looks and tastes like a tropical vacation.
It’s delightfully sweet and fruity with tropical flavors of coconut and pineapple. It’s sort of like a blue pina colada!
You don’t have to book airfare, either. With just four ingredients, you can make this cocktail at home.
Not only is it easy to make, but it’s absolutely stunning. The cool blue color just screams summer fun. And yes, it’s as good as it looks!
You don’t need a well-stocked bar to make this flirty tropical cocktail. It only takes four ingredients plus garnishes.
Here’s what goes into a Blue Hawaiian:
- Pineapple Juice – For the sweet, tangy, tropical flavor. Fresh or store-bought both work.
- Rum – Light rum is standard for this drink. You could also use Malibu rum for an extra tropical flavor.
- Blue Curacao – It gives this cocktail its signature blue color.
- Cream of Coconut – For a creamy coconut flavor. Look for it next to the other cocktail mixers.
- Pineapple Wedge – A pineapple wedge makes this drink complete! So slice one for a garnish.
- Maraschino Cherry – Another excellent garnish to accompany the pineapple wedge.
How to Make a Blue Hawaiian Cocktail
Ready to sip on a Blue Hawaiian for a little cocktail vacation? Here’s how to make this drink:
1. Pour. Pour pineapple juice, rum, Blue Curacao, and cream of coconut into a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake. Shake it until chilled.
3. Strain. Strain the cocktail into a glass with ice.
4. Garnish. Add a pineapple wedge and a maraschino cherry. Serve and sip!
Tips and Variations
I love what an easy cocktail this is to make! That said, these tips and variations will make it even better:
- Try pineapple juice ice cubes. Instead of regular ice, freeze pineapple juice in ice cube trays. As the ice melts, it won’t dilute the drink.
- Use coconut rum. For a deeper coconut flavor, switch out the light rum for coconut rum, like Malibu.
- Substitute with coconut milk. For a lighter variation, use coconut milk instead of cream of coconut. It will have the same coconut taste, but it won’t be as rich.
- Blend it up. Treat yourself to a frozen cocktail by blending. Just add ice to a blender, followed by the ingredients, and blend.
- Mix yourself a Blue Hawaii. This cocktail is similar to a Blue Hawaiian, except there’s no cream of coconut. Instead, use a sweet and sour mix and add vodka.
- Add a cocktail umbrella. This little touch makes you feel like you’re at a resort chilling in a cabana.
- Make it a party! The Blue Hawaiian is a fantastic pick for a tropical party. Stick with the theme and serve some Hawaiian dishes and tasty appetizers like poke and Kahlua pork.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?