This quick and easy Spinach artichoke dip is packed with mouth-watering cheese, creamy spinach, artichoke hearts, and loads of delicious bacon.
Serve with toasted bread, crackers, crostini, or tortilla chips and you’ve got the perfect appetizer for parties and holidays.
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
Spinach and artichoke dip is a must for every party: it is the ultimate crowd-pleaser! Best of all, it’s incredibly easy to make and can be prepped in just 10 minutes.
Fry up some bacon. That’s what makes this recipe extra special and unique. And let’s face it… bacon just makes everything better.
Then combine all of your ingredients into a bowl. Use an electric mixer to mix everything together until combined.
Pour the mixture into a 7×11 baking dish. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
That’s it! Homemade artichoke dip in just a few simple steps.
8 slices bacon
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
1 (14 oz) can quartered marinated artichoke hearts (drained)
1 (5 oz) container garlic-herb flavored cheese spread
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (8 oz) container sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Fry bacon in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp. Drain off the grease and crumble into a bowl.
3. Combine spinach, artichoke hearts, cheese spread, Parmesan cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise into the bowl with bacon. Mix well.
4. Place the mixture into a 7x11 baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Can I Use Fresh Spinach Instead of Frozen?
To prepare, steam the spinach and blanch in ice water. Drain and squeeze out the excess liquid and chop.
If you’re like me, wondering what in the world it means to blanch spinach, I feel ya! So many different terms in cooking.
Blanching is the process of cooking your greens in order to soften them. Then you shock them with cold water to stop the cooking process. This preserves their texture and prevents the spinach from getting mushy.
I’m almost always looking for shortcuts, so I usually end up buying the frozen spinach. But if you’ve already got spinach on hand, you can absolutely use fresh!
Tips & Tricks
- While I prefer the garlic-herb flavored cheese spread, you can use onion and chive cheese spread as well!
- This recipe calls for canned marinated artichokes because it’s got a lot more flavor than regular canned artichokes. But, if you don’t have this ingredient on hand, it’s okay to use the latter. Just flavor it with some Italian seasoning or dried basil.
- You can make this dip even cheesier and more heavenly by adding different cheeses, such as gruyere, mozzarella, swiss, and gouda.
- As for the veggies, you don’t have to limit yourself to just spinach and artichoke. Cremini mushrooms, red peppers, and garlic will make your dip extra fantastic.
- For an even fluffier dip, use a hand mixer to combine the cheese spread, mayo, and sour cream, and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Apart from toasted bread and crackers, you can also serve crunchy raw veggies such as cucumbers, carrots, mini bell peppers, and celery with the dip.
- Did you know that spinach artichoke dip also makes for a delectable pasta sauce? Try it and let me know what you think!
- Aside from bacon, you can also add whatever protein you have on hand. This dip tastes amazing when combined with beef/steak, chicken, crab, or shrimp. You can also add some chopped water chestnuts for a nice crunch.
- Add a depth of flavor to the dip by adding 1-2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard. You can also give it some spice by adding chili flakes.
- You can never go wrong with squeezing some lemon juice over the dip as well. It heightens the flavor and adds a refreshing zest, making it even more irresistible.
- No spinach? No problem! You can use chopped kale instead. Just be sure to take out the tough stems.
- This recipe makes a nice thick dip, but if you want yours to be a little creamier, add some heavy cream until you achieve the desired consistency.
Did you like the recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!