This recipe for Bisquick chicken tenders is super easy and highly addictive!
You can make these crunchy chicken tenders in just 20 minutes using the magic of Bisquick! It’s the perfect finger-food for a weeknight dinner when you want a delicious meal but don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen.
Treat your family to a tasty dinner at home with these crisp and juicy chicken fingers! It’s a restaurant style meal that the whole family can agree on.
What are Chicken Tenders?
Chicken tenders are a cut of chicken that tastes a lot like chicken breast, except juicier and more tender. They’re the narrow strip of meat found on the underside of chicken breasts.
But some recipes, like this one, also make use of chicken breast. You can purchase them at the supermarket, or cut them from the breast yourself.
If you’re cutting your chicken into strips yourself, here’s a helpful tip: cut against the chicken grain. Don’t just slice however you want! Pay attention to the grain lines and slice opposite them. This will yield super tender strips once cooked.
Tips & Tricks
- Aside from paprika, feel free to use your favorite seasonings to amp up the flavor. Cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder all make great additions!
- Don’t have Bisquick mix on hand? You can use Panko bread crumbs instead. It will still yield that crisp on the outside and tender on the inside chicken goodness. Or, you can even use pancake batter!
- Can’t use eggs? Don’t worry, you can still make this fantastic dish without them. For instance, dipping the strips in buttermilk or heavy cream before coating will make them adhere to the breading easily. Mustard works, too! Not only will it help the chicken stick to the batter, it also adds a wonderful mustard flavor to the strips.
- Want extra crisp and juicy chicken fingers? Add a bit of oil to the egg.
- For that added crisp, you could also add cornstarch to your breading.
What to Serve with Chicken Tenders
Chicken tenders make such a fantastic finger food, especially when you dip them in your favorite sauce. You can never go wrong with the classic dips – ketchup, honey mustard, ranch, and barbecue. But, if you want some chicken parmesan-ish tenders, why not dip them in marinara sauce? Yum!
Now, if you want to make a meal out of chicken tenders, give it a heavy side. Mac and cheese makes a wonderful side because chicken and cheese – hello?
These two make such a wonderful combination that both the kids and the kids at heart will surely enjoy. Be sure to use sharp cheeses for maximum flavor, and of course that ooey gooey mozzarella.
Aside from pasta, bread is wonderful with chicken as well! How about some chicken and waffles drizzled with honey or maple syrup? Or a Southern cornbread?
Aside from the sweet contrast, that distinct grainy texture complements the chicken well too. Or perhaps a simple white bread to make that crisp and tender chicken sandwich? The list goes on and on.
How to Make Bisquick Chicken Tenders
With this quick and easy recipe, you won’t have to stand in front of the stove and deep-fry your chicken. No grease, no sweat!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?