If you’ve never had Frank’s buffalo chicken dip, you’re in for a real treat.
Cheesy and spicy, it’s always a big hit – especially for the Super Bowl!
This is the party appetizer to end all party appetizers.
Between the shredded chicken, cream cheese, and Frank’s RedHot Buffalo sauce, it’s sinfully cheesy, wonderfully rich, and oh-so-scrumptious.
There’s some Ranch dressing in there, too, for added herby goodness. Plus, you’ll mix in blue cheese crumbles for a touch of tang.
Make Frank’s buffalo chicken dip once, and you’ll never look at boring onion dip the same way again.
Frank’s RedHot® Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Think of Frank’s buffalo chicken dip like a plate of hot chicken wings without the effort.
It’s surprisingly filling, thanks to shredded chicken, and it delivers a kick of spicy-creamy deliciousness in every bite.
This dip is a crowd favorite because it is spicy but not too spicy.
The marriage of slightly sweet cream cheese, creamy Ranch, and punchy Frank’s RedHot is a match made in heaven.
And while you can use any hot sauce you like best, there’s just no substitute for Frank’s.
It’s perfectly balanced with bright vinegar notes and a modest kick of heat.
Feel free to tinker with the spice level, adding more or less hot sauce as you need.
And go ahead and add more toppings, too, if you like. For example, throw on some green onions, more cheese, or bacon bits to make it your own.
So if you’re on the hunt for the perfect crowd-pleasing party dip, you’ve come to the right place!
This recipe calls for just a handful of ingredients and about five minutes of prep. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Shredded Chicken – Any shredded chicken will work in this recipe. Grab one from the store for convenience, or make your own in the Crockpot.
- Frank’s RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce – Enter the star of the show! Frank’s RedHot adds smoky, fiery flavors you just won’t get anywhere else.
- Cream Cheese – Cream cheese is what makes this dip so thick and creamy, and it also helps tame the heat from the hot sauce. Be sure to use cream cheese at room temperature so it blends easily.
- Ranch Dressing – A little Ranch adds something extra to the recipe, and you’ll miss it if it’s not there.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles – Buffalo wings and bleu cheese belong together. But you can leave it out if you’re not a fan – or swap it for another type of cheese, like cheddar.
How to Make Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
This recipe seriously couldn’t be easier. Just mix, bake, and serve!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175°C).
Any warmer than 350°F, and the dip will bubble over in the oven. It might also burn on the top before the cheese melts.
2. Combine all ingredients.
Stir everything in a large bowl until well combined and creamy.
3. Bake the dip for 20 minutes.
The dip is ready when it’s heated all the way through. Since you’re using pre-cooked chicken, you don’t need to worry about any raw meat.
4. Take the dip out of the oven, serve, and enjoy!
You can serve the dip right out of the oven. Or throw on some extras, like green onions or shredded cheese.
Then, serve it with veggies, pretzels, crackers, and potato chips – anything salty or crunchy works.
Frank’s Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Frank’s suggests you cook this dip in the oven, but I prefer the slow cooker method.
It takes a little longer for the dip to come together, but it’s just so easy and foolproof.
Plus, it keeps your oven free for other things – which is essential when you’re hosting a party.
All you need to do is dump the ingredients into the pot, give it a mix, and cook on low for 4 hours (or high for 2 hours).
After that, turn the Crockpot to ‘warm’, and the dip will stay ooey-gooey and perfect the whole night!
Tips for the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
I know this recipe is crazy easy, but I still have a few tips to make sure your dip is perfect.
- Whip the cream cheese and Ranch dressing before adding the other ingredients. This will make the dip lighter and richer.
- Make sure the baking dish is big enough for the dip and some bubbling. If you choose something too shallow, you’ll see the dip leaking at the edges as the cheese bubbles.
- Also, add a tray under the baking dish to catch any drips. That way, you have less cleanup in the end.
- Adjust the heat level. This dip is perfectly seasoned and delivers just the right amount of heat. But if you’re feeding a lot of kids, for example, you might want to reduce the amount of hot sauce.
- Get creative with toppings. On its own, Frank’s buffalo chicken dip is a show-stopping appetizer. But you can kick those flavors up a notch with tasty toppings, like crispy onions, chopped tomatoes, extra Ranch, or crushed potato chips for crunch.
- Serve it warm. This dip is always best when it’s hot and gooey. So if you plan to make a big batch, I recommend using the slow cooker to keep it warm.
How to Store Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
It’s very, very unlikely that there will be leftovers. But in the rare case of leftover dip, storing it in the fridge or the freezer is super easy.
Of course, since this recipe contains chicken and cream cheese, its fridge life is limited.
So, be sure to store the cooled dip in an airtight container for up to three days.
How to Freeze Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
If you want to keep the dip around for longer, you’ll need to pop it in the freezer. And the great news is, this dip freezes perfectly.
When it’s cold, place it in a freezer bag or airtight container, and try to remove as much excess air from the bag/box as possible.
Then, place it in the freezer for up to three months.
How to Reheat Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
When you’re ready to reheat it, let the dip thaw overnight in the fridge, and then place it in a Crockpot or oven to reheat.
Everything is pre-cooked, so it just needs a gentle reheat to melt all that cheesy goodness.
How to Serve Buffalo Chicken Dip
I can (and have) eaten Frank’s buffalo chicken dip with a spoon. Your party guests, however, may want to dunk something crunchy in this dip.
And the good news is that there are no wrong answers (except maybe fruit).
Some of the best sides to serve with this delicious dip include:
- Ritz crackers
- Tortilla chips
- Carrot sticks
- Potato chips
- Bell pepper strips
- Crusty bread
- Waffle fries
- Crunchy veggies
The thing to remember is that this dip is hot, cheesy, and soft. Yes, there’s chicken in there, but it’s not crunchy or crisp.
So, you want to offer dippers that can hold up to a hefty portion of cheesy dip. And you want something with lots of crunch to combat the soft texture.
More Hot Dip Recipes You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?