This Hormel chili dip is cheesy, delicious, and can be made with only three ingredients. It also takes just 5 minutes to make!
Whip this dip up today for an appetizer the entire family will love.
It’s rich, cheesy, and insanely addictive. This chili dip is the perfect appetizer or game-day snack. It’s also the best thing that could ever happen to a bag of chips.
I mean, how can you possibly resist? It’s cream cheese, chili, and cheddar cheese. One taste of this dip will blow your taste buds away.
Best of all, this dip is affordable and a snap to make! It all comes together in one bowl, and you don’t even need to turn on the stove. The microwave will do everything for ya.
All you’ll need are the ingredients for the Hormel chili dip, a microwave, a bag of chips, and 5 minutes. It couldn’t get any simpler than that!
So if you’re having an impromptu gathering with friends and need a quick snack to serve them, no problem. This dip will take care of everything.
Hormel Chili Dip
Hormel chili dip is a sensational dip made with layers of cream cheese, chili, and melted cheddar cheese.
It’s the cheesiest, richest, and creamiest dip you can ask for! In short, it’s the definition of comfort food.
It makes a huge batch, can easily be doubled, and comes together so quickly. That’s what makes it the perfect snack for spontaneous parties.
The combination of chili and cheese never disappoints. Plus, not only do they taste heavenly together, they also taste great with almost any other ingredient.
That’s why it’s so easy to customize! Want it spicier? Add jalapenos.
Want it creamier? Add more cheese.
Want a Mexican twist? Top it with salsa. The options are endless!
Ingredients for Hormel Chili Dip
Three ingredients are all you’ll need to make the most epic dip there is!
- Cream Cheese – The base of the dish. It’s super-rich and creamy, and its mild tartness creates a wonderful balance of flavors to the savory dip.
- Chili – The canned kind will do, but if you have leftover chili, use that.
- Shredded Cheese – The recipe calls for mild or sharp cheddar, but any melted cheese will work.
Tips for the Best Chili Dip
- This dip is ultra-thick and creamy, but if you prefer a thinner dip, there’s an easy way to alter the recipe. Just add a bit of milk at a time, stir, and microwave for 30 seconds. Repeat the process until you get the desired consistency.
- This chili dip recipe calls for mild or sharp cheddar cheese, but don’t be afraid to experiment with other types of cheese as well. After all, you can never go wrong with cheese. Just pick those that melt well. Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, Gouda, and Mexican blend cheeses all make fantastic additions or alternatives.
- Speaking of cheese, if you have the time, shred it yourself. Buy the blocked kind and shred it with a grater. It’s easy, cheaper, and gives you more melted goodness.
You see, pre-shredded cheese contains an anti-caking agent to keep it from sticking.
While it’s completely harmless, it prevents the cheese from achieving its full melting potential.
- Don’t limit yourself to Hormel. Any brand of chili will do. You can even choose one with beans if you’d like!
- You can also add ground beef to the dip for even more explosive flavors. But fair warning, this dip will be extremely addictive, so you might want to double or triple the recipe.
- Top the dip with avocados, salsa, olives, or cilantro for maximum flavor.
- This dip isn’t too spicy. If you want it hotter, add a can of diced green chilis to the mix. You can also use jalapenos, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, or chili flakes.
- If you’re having people over and they’re not a fan of spicy dips, just serve the jalapenos, hot sauce, et cetera, on the side.
- Stick to full-fat cream cheese for ultimate richness. You can use ⅓ less fat cream cheese, but I wouldn’t recommend fat-free.
- Soften the cream cheese before adding the other layers. This will make it so much easier to spread.
- Have some leftover chili? Use that instead of canned chili!
How to Serve Chili Dip
This ultra-cheesy dip is perfect for any kind of chips – nachos, tortilla, potato, corn, Fritos, – you name it.
But there are also a ton of ways to use it. Here are a few drool-worthy ideas:
- Having Mexican for dinner? This dip is the perfect topping for tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas, and all other tortilla-wrapped dishes.
- Trying to be healthy? Use crudites instead of chips. I’m talking celery, cucumber, and carrot sticks. Oh and bell peppers too! Yum.
- That hot dog is looking a little boring. Make it more exciting by loading it with chili dip!
- Craving carbs? Use the dip as a pasta sauce. Try it and thank me later.
- If you like all things rich and creamy, just grab a spoon. This dip tastes phenomenal as is.
How Long Will the Dip Last?
Honestly, about 5 minutes. It’s just that crazy good.
But in the unlikely event that you have some leftover, chili dip will last for 4 days in the fridge.
Be sure to cover it well or place it in an airtight container.
Reheat it only once, as the quality won’t be that good when reheated again.
You can also freeze leftover chili cheese dip for up to 2 months. Just place it in an airtight container, label, and freeze.
Transfer the dip to the fridge to thaw before reheating.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?