Cowboy crack dip is a creamy, cheesy, and meaty dip that will turn your boring tortilla chips into an extraordinary snack.
Not only is it rich and savory, but it also comes with a hint of sweetness, thanks to the corn. It’s got the perfect infusion of flavors and textures that will truly make your mouth water.
Cowboy Crack Dip gets its name because one taste of this dip will turn you into an addict! It’s so irresistible you can’t have just one bite.
If you’re serving this dip at your next party, you may want to double the recipe because your guests will definitely ask for more.
We don’t know exactly which cowboy came up with this Southern dip, but whoever is responsible for this phenomenal dish, we are eternally grateful.
Tips & Tricks
- Don’t let the cream cheese curdle: turn the slow cooker off or switch it to warm once the dip is cooked.
- You can use canned corn instead of frozen corn for this recipe, just be sure to drain it before adding it to the slow cooker.
- Want a little bit of heat in your dip? Add some jalapeno slices for a nice kick!
- If you want a creamier dip, throw a cup of sour cream into the mix.
- If you prefer, you can serve the dip with something other than tortilla chips. Pita chips, kale chips, and corn chips are all great options. Or how about some biscuits, breadsticks, or crackers? Honestly, when it comes to this dip, anything crunchy will work.
- You could also dip your favorite crunchy veggies into the dip. They are delicious, nutritious, and low in calories! Prepare a colorful plate of crudites with carrots, celery, radish, broccoli, bell pepper, fennel, and cauliflower for everyone to enjoy.
- Everything is better with bacon, so go ahead and add some crisp and savory bacon crumbles on top of your dip.
- Apart from cheddar, you can also use other types of cheeses for this recipe. Sharp cheddar, Gouda, and Bleu Cheese all make fantastic alternatives.
- Speaking of cheese, here’s a tip: Since pre-shredded cheese contains an anti-caking ingredient, it’s more difficult to melt. Plus, it’s possible that you are getting a smaller quantity of actual cheese when you buy the pre-shredded kind. Instead of getting pre-shredded cheese, why don’t you shred it yourself? It’s cheaper and super easy to prepare!
How to Make Cowboy Crack Dip
Believe it or not, this scrumptious dip only requires 5 basic ingredients. It’s so easy to make, you can do it with your eyes closed! Here’s how:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?