I’ve been on a real dip craze lately. We may not be throwing parties right now, but that isn’t stopping me!
You should know that although this Velveeta sausage dip might not be the prettiest creation, it’s one of the tastiest hot dips you’ll try.
Cooked and crumbled pork sausage is mixed with smooth melted cheese, diced tomatoes, and chili. This recipe will go fast!
When served with tortilla chips, it’s the perfect nacho dip for any occasion.
Velveeta Sausage Dip
This crazy good dip comes together in a matter of minutes with just three ingredients.
As far as easy goes, it certainly takes the cake.
The beauty of Velveeta cheese is that it stays perfectly smooth and won’t seize up as it starts to cool.
You’ll need to cook the sausage before crumbling it up into small pieces that will fit onto a chip.
Using the canned tomatoes and chilis will not only cut your prep time in half, but it adds so much flavor to this dip.
And it’s so easy to modify! If you like it a little thinner, try adding some milk. If you don’t like too much heat, try using canned tomatoes and adding some garlic instead.
Either way, it won’t last long!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days, and microwave for a few minutes to reheat.
Ingredients for Velveeta Sausage Dip
As always, there are a few different variations for this dip. Most stick to the three-ingredient promise, and you can modify it however you choose!
For this recipe, you will need:
- Velveeta cheese – This mild cheddar cheese will stay smooth and melt perfectly. If you’re feeling really adventurous, why not try making your own?
- Breakfast pork sausage – Using pork sausage adds a salty, meaty flavor that makes this dip pop. It’s pretty mild and mixes well with the other ingredients. If you want something a little different, maybe try chorizo.
- Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilis – The entire thing will go into this dip, juices, and all! Of course, if you happen to have a chili plant in the yard, feel free to make your own veggie selection. You may need to add a touch of milk to thin the cheese down in this case.
Tips for Making Sausage Dip
This three-ingredient dip is so fast, you can have it on the table in less than 10 minutes. Below are some great tips for making it just right every time!
The best way to ensure the cheese will melt uniformly is to cut it into cubes.
Whether cooking in the microwave or on the stove-top, stir it a few times to keep it from burning and to help the cheese melt.
Using a slow-cooker is an easy way to cook and hold this hot dip. Just mix everything in the pot and leave to cook on low for two to three hours.
If you’re planning on bringing this dip to a party, using a portable lunch warmer is a great way to keep it warm.
Always be sure to fully cook the sausage and drain the excess liquid before adding to the cheese.
Variations and Additions
If Velveeta isn’t your favorite, or if you’re not a huge fan of sausage, the good news is that this dip can be changed so easily.
If you’re looking for something without too much cheese, try this cream cheese version.
Sprinkling crumbled bacon over the top will add another level of flavor.
If you like things extra spicy, try adding a few dashes of hot sauce to the mix.
Want a meat-free option? You could omit the meat or replace it with beans for substance.
Sausage will add some salt to the dip, but a fantastic alternative would be to use taco seasoned ground beef.
Adding a can of cheddar soup will help to make the dip creamier.
Or for something really different, try adding mushroom soup.
For something with a more subtle flavor, maybe try this white queso? You can still add the sausage, but it would also work wonderfully with shredded chicken.
What to Pair With This Dip
Since this dip is packed with flavor, you can easily serve with regular tortilla chips. Though the scoops chips would be particularly good since they will hold more dip per bite!
I think this dip would be amazing served in a bread bowl. You can cut the middle out and toast the excess bread to dip inside.
Pairing this hot dip with cool and crunchy veggies is a nice way to balance out the dish.
Since this cheese dip is so easy, you can make it for any number of great dishes:
- It would be perfect poured over cheesy nacho chips and served on a platter with guacamole, salsa, and extra jalapenos.
- Looking for a cheat dinner? Try mixing through cooked pasta for a simple pasta dish everyone will love.
- Adding a side of fried jalapenos will add spice and crunch!
- Up your scrambled egg game by mixing some of this dip through before serving.
- For a unique vegetarian side, omit the meat and pour over cauliflower. Top with bread crumbs and bake.
- How about some truly indulgent hot dogs smothered in cheese dip and bacon?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?