Hellmann’s parmesan-crusted chicken is crunchy on the outside and incredibly moist on the inside!
This easy recipe is perfect for both busy weeknights and special occasions.
This meal is for you if you’re a busy person who still wants to serve restaurant-quality dishes to your family and friends.
It’s also for you if you live with picky eaters who always find fault in whatever dish you serve them.
I guarantee you no one will be able to say no to Hellman’s parmesan-crusted chicken.
This has been a family favorite for years, and for good reason.
With its crispy golden parmesan crust and tender and juicy meat, this dish is always a hit.
Hellmann’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken (Oven-Baked)
This dish features chicken breasts topped with a rich mayo-parmesan dressing and seasoned bread crumbs.
Once baked, the topping turns into a crunchy golden crust resting on moist and juicy chicken breasts.
Think schnitzel, but a lot easier to make.
With this recipe, you won’t need to go through the tedious process of dredging chicken with flour and eggs.
In fact, here, you’ll only need 10 minutes of prep, and the rest is up to the oven. It’s every busy bee’s dream recipe!
What You’ll Need
This delectable dish only needs 4 ingredients. Shocker, amirite?
- Mayonnaise – This is a recipe from Hellmann’s, but it won’t be blasphemous if you use a different brand.
- Parmesan Cheese – Use freshly grated parmesan for the best results. Store-brought pre-shredded cheese won’t melt as well. It’s so easy – just pop it in the food processor and boom.
- Chicken Breast – I use boneless and skinless chicken breasts here, but the recipe also works with thighs. Just be sure they’re all similar in size and thickness. Pound the meat flat if it’s too thick.
- Seasoned Bread Crumbs – If you don’t have one on hand, just use regular bread crumbs and season them to your liking.
How to Make Hellmann’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
1. Prepare the oven and the chicken.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Slice the chicken breasts in half so they cook much faster.
2. Make the dressing.
Whisk together the mayonnaise and parmesan cheese. If you want to add more seasonings, now’s the time to do it.
3. Assemble the dish.
Arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Top them with mayo-parmesan and sprinkle them with seasoned bread crumbs.
Bake the chicken for 20 minutes, or until its internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a meat thermometer to test for doneness.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Be sure the chicken breasts are cut to an even thickness. Otherwise, the pieces won’t cook evenly. Pound the chicken with a meat mallet if needed.
- Grate the parmesan yourself. Pre-shredded cheese has a powdery coating to keep it from clumping. Freshly shredded cheese melts much better.
- Make the dressing more flavorful by adding your favorite seasonings. I sometimes like to mix it up with onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
- If you want a spicy dressing, add a dash of red pepper flakes or hot sauce.
- It doesn’t have to be just parmesan cheese! Try other cheeses like Romano and mozzarella.
- If you’re adding melted cheese on top, don’t do so until the last 5 minutes of baking.
- Love fish? Try the same recipe with salmon. Just reduce the baking time to 10-15 minutes.
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Simply arrange the chicken in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry for 5 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Flip the pieces over halfway through to ensure even cooking.
What to Serve with Hellmann’s Parmesan Crusted Chicken
There are tons of sides to serve with this dish, but here are my favorites.
- Vegetables – this can be anywhere from salads to roasted Brussels sprouts. This pairing is perfect for light meals.
- Potatoes – if you’re looking for a heavy meal, serve the chicken as your main entree and a potato-based dish on the side. You can’t go wrong with mashed potatoes and scalloped potatoes!
- Chicken over Pasta or Rice – here’s another hearty option for ya. I personally love serving this dish over carbonara. To me, it’s the perfect comfort food.
- Low-Carb – try lighter alternatives such as broccoli salad and cauliflower rice.
- Chicken Sandwich – stuff the chicken between a brioche bun along with cheese, tomatoes, and basil. Yum!
Storage and Make Ahead Instructions
Another thing I love about parmesan-crusted chicken is that it stores and reheats well. It makes for an ideal make-ahead dish!
Cover the dish with plastic wrap or place it in an air-tight container. Refrigerate it for up to a week.
Transfer the chicken breasts to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze them for 1-2 hours, or until the chicken is frozen solid.
Transfer the chicken into freezer-safe bags and freeze it for up to 1 month.
Warm the chicken in a 350-degree oven for 15 minutes until heated through. Frozen chicken may take 5-7 minutes longer to reheat.
Assemble the dish and cover it with plastic wrap. Refrigerate it up to 24 hours in advance.
Take it out of the fridge 15 minutes before baking. Bake it as instructed.
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?