Candied grapes have taken the internet by storm. They’re the new TikTok recipe everyone is talking about – and it’s easy to see why.
These little gems combine sweet, juicy grapes with a crisp ‘candy’ shell. They’re the perfect balance of flavor and fun, and making them is a breeze!
Whether you’re after a quick snack or a unique dessert, candied grapes are a viral sensation you’ve got to try.
What Are Candied Grapes?
Candied grapes are a simple yet delightful treat that’s been all the rage on TikTok recently.
Featuring fresh grapes dipped in lemon syrup and then rolled in sugar, they’re crisp, sweet, and juicy as can be.
As the syrup cools, it transforms into a crackly, crunchy shell you’ll love.
Whether served on sticks or just as they are, candied grapes are a must-try. And they’re proof that sometimes, the best treats are the easiest to make.
Ready to make candy grapes? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Seedless Grapes. Any color works, but make sure they’re seedless. These are the stars of the show, so pick the freshest you can find.
- Granulated Sugar. This is for both the syrup and the coating. It’s what gives the grapes their signature sweet crunch.
- Water. Just a bit to help dissolve the sugar and create the syrup.
- Lemon Juice. A splash of lemon juice adds a tangy twist. Plus, it balances out the sweetness and helps the sugar stick to the grapes.
The full list with all the measurements is waiting for you at the bottom of the page.
How to Make Candied Grapes
Making candied grapes is a fun and sweet adventure. Get started with these easy steps:
1. Prep the grapes. Remove the stems, then wash and dry them thoroughly.
2. Make the syrup by simmering sugar, water, and lemon juice. Reduce heat and let the syrup thicken for about 5 minutes.
3. Dip the grapes into the syrup, coating each one completely.
4. Sugarcoat. Roll the syrup-coated grapes in additional granulated sugar.
5. Place the grapes on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper, ensuring they don’t touch.
6. Cool and harden. Let the grapes cool at room temperature for about an hour, or in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Once hardened, your candied grapes are ready to eat or use as a decorative dessert topping.
Tips for the Best Candy Grapes
Candied grapes are a sweet treat that’s easy to master with these handy tips:
- Clean the grapes properly. Wash them in a mix of water and white vinegar to remove the waxy coating. This method guarantees the syrup and sugar sticks.
- Dry the grapes thoroughly. I usually wash and pat them dry, then leave them to dry for about an hour. If they have any moisture on them, the sugar-coating process won’t work.
- Prepare everything in advance. Have everything ready to go so you can dip and coat in the sugar without delay.
- Work fast and efficiently. The syrup will harden fast. That’s why you need the sugar ready for the coating before you start.
- Chill to set faster. Pop the coated grapes in the fridge so you can enjoy them sooner.
Switch up your candied grapes game with these fun and tasty variations. They’re sure to add an exciting twist to your snack!
- Jello Powder Coating: Roll the grapes in Jello powder instead of sugar for added flavor. This adds a burst of color and taste.
- Crushed Candy Coating: Use crushed hard candy instead of sugar. This variation offers a new texture and a range of flavors depending on your candy choice.
- Lime Juice Instead of Lemon: Lime juice gives a slightly different tartness, adding a zesty edge to your grapes.
- Sugar-Free Option: Use whichever sugar alternative you like best.
How to Store
I have to admit, these don’t last long – because you’ll eat them so fast!
Seriously, they’re pretty hard to resist.
But they’re also best eaten the day they’re made. The longer they sit, the more the sugar coating will dissolve.
Still, they’ll hold up in the fridge for a couple of days. Here’s how:
To Store: Line an airtight container with paper towels. Place the grapes inside, then add another paper towel on top before sealing. Store them in the fridge for 2-3 days.
This method keeps moisture away, but not for long. So be sure to enjoy the grapes when they’re at their best!
More TikTok Recipes To Try
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?