I made those viral TikTok cinnamon rolls with heavy cream, and OMG, they are worth every calorie.
Whether you’re craving a sweet breakfast or a decadent dessert, they’re a must-make.
I won’t pretend to be an expert on all things TikTok, but I know for a fact that this latest food trend deserves all the attention it’s getting.
Seriously, these are the best cinnamon rolls I’ve ever had. And I’ve had a LOT.
Want to know the secret? You’ll bake those fluffy beauties in a bath of heavy cream.
Better yet, you can make these TikTok cinnamon rolls in a snap thanks to a can of pre-made rolls.
How to Make the Best TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
TikTok cinnamon rolls exploded onto my FYP a couple of weeks ago, and it only took one video for me to try the recipe myself.
And they were so good, I didn’t have time to take a single picture! In fact, they were gone so fast, the oven hadn’t even cooled down.
I’ve seen a few recipe variations, and if you want to make the cinnamon rolls from scratch, go for it.
But I think this trick is ideal for canned cinnamon rolls because it jazzes them up with very little effort.
Heck, you can even grab some store-bought rolls and warm them in the oven. The cream will soak into the crumb, making them a million times more addictive.
Trust me, once you’ve tried this food trend, you’ll never go back to regular cinnamon rolls again.
- Pre-Packaged Cinnamon Rolls – The beauty of this viral food trend is that you don’t need to make cinnamon rolls from scratch! Use any brand (Pillsbury, Grands, Rhodes, or Trader Joe’s), and go for any size you like. Just remember to adjust the baking time if you choose jumbo rolls.
- Heavy Cream – This is the secret ingredient to making canned cinnamon rolls taste homemade! Use heavy cream for the best results, but if you can find 40%, that’s better!
- Melted Butter, Brown Sugar, and Cinnamon – When whisked together, this trio makes a rich, buttery, caramel-like elixir that coats the cinnamon rolls beautifully.
- Cream Cheese Frosting – It’s optional, but let’s be honest, what cinnamon roll is complete without frosting on top? Either homemade or frosting from a can will do.
How to Store TikTok Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon rolls taste best when they’re freshly baked. That’s why I never make more than I need or freeze them raw for later.
Having said that, you can store leftovers in an airtight container and leave them at room temperature for 1 to 2 days or refrigerate them for 3 to 5.
They won’t taste as fresh, but they’ll still be pretty decent.
Reheat chilled cinnamon rolls in the microwave at 15-second intervals until warm for best results.
Can You Freeze TikTok Cinnamon Rolls?
Raw cinnamon rolls freeze really well. Just make the dough, add the filling, roll, cut, cover, and freeze.
When you’re ready to eat them, pull as many as you need from the freezer and leave them to thaw in the fridge overnight.
Then, let them warm up on the counter until they’ve doubled in size before baking.
This is my go-to method and the method I’ve used for TikTok cinnamon rolls. I don’t freeze them after they’re baked, and here’s why:
TikTok cinnamon rolls with heavy cream might not freeze well because dairy often splits after freezing and thawing. Although heavy cream has a higher fat content and is less likely to split, it’s still a possibility. That said, if you wrap them individually and thaw them slowly, they should be okay.
The best way to freeze TikTok cinnamon rolls is after baking when they’re cold and without the frosting on top.
Double-wrap the rolls in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and freeze them for up to 3 months.
Let them thaw in the fridge overnight, then reheat them in the microwave.
TikTok Cinnamon Rolls Recipe Tips
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil to ensure they stay nice and moist. The last thing you want is for the cream to bubble up and burn away instead of soaking in.
- The butter-brown sugar sauce will be super sticky, so clean-up will be a little tricky. Let the pan soak in hot water for 30 minutes to help dissolve the mixture. Or, just use a disposable pan and don’t worry about clean-up!
- Don’t frost the cinnamon rolls right after baking. The heat will cause the icing to melt! Instead, let them cool slightly (for 3 to 5 minutes) before you spread the frosting.
TikTok Cinnamon Rolls Variations
The great thing about cinnamon rolls is that a few little additions can make an entirely new treat!
Try these suggestions and make as many variations as you like.
Vanilla Cinnamon Rolls
Vanilla is a magic elixir in the world of baked goods.
A small splash will significantly enhance the flavor of any dessert, transforming it from just okay to unbelievably awesome.
Mix it with the heavy cream before pouring it over the rolls. And be sure to use real extract or paste!
Cinnamon Rolls with Nuts
These TikTok cinnamon rolls are impossibly fluffy and soft. And since you’ll bake them in a bath of heavy cream, the edges won’t get too crispy.
So, if you want to add a bit of texture, you can’t beat chopped nuts!
Take your pick from walnuts, pecans, almonds – you name it. They’ll add a lovely crunch, providing a perfect textural contrast to the fluffy buns.
Either add chopped nuts to the cinnamon filling when baking from scratch or mix them into the butter mixture and pour over the cinnamon rolls.
Add Homemade Cream Cheese Glaze
While the icing from the package is a good enough finishing touch, nothing beats homemade cream cheese frosting over warm cinnamon buns.
Check out my recipe below, and thank me later!
Because everything’s better with chocolate!
Like the nuts, you can easily add some mini chocolate chips to the filling when making cinnamon rolls from scratch.
But for this simplified recipe, sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the rolls as soon as they come out of the oven.
The chocolate will melt and ooze its way into the crevices in seconds.
Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice – this combo just makes sense.
Adding more fall spices to this breakfast dessert makes it cozier and more comforting.
I like adding some pumpkin spice to the glaze, but you can mix it into the heavy cream, too.
Maple and Bacon Rolls
If you like cinnamon rolls with a sweet-n-salty topping, you can’t go wrong with maple and bacon.
Just stir a teaspoon of maple syrup into the icing and sprinkle bacon crumbles on.
Homemade Cream Cheese Glaze Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or maple syrup)
- Beat the cream cheese and butter at medium speed until smooth and fluffy.
- Turn the mixer to low, then slowly pour or spoon the powdered sugar into the bowl.
- Add the vanilla, then mix until smooth.
- Spread the icing over warm cinnamon rolls.
Note: if the icing turns out too thick, thin it out with a few drops of milk.
More Tik Tok Recipes You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?