Angel milk is the new “it” recipe taking TikTok by storm.
Served warm, it’s essentially sweetened milk with sugar and vanilla. Oh, and it’s pink too!
This latest food trend may remind you of the infamous Starbucks pink drink, but it’s a lot simpler than that.
All you need for this recipe is milk, sugar, and vanilla. Plus red food coloring, of course!
It’s a warm, comforting drink that’s ideal just before bed.
So if you’re ready to hop on the TikTok bandwagon, try this angel milk recipe.
What is Angel Milk?
Angel milk is the newest TikTok recipe trend featuring milk, sugar, and vanilla.
The three ingredients are warmed until the sugar dissolves, then a drop of food coloring is added to give it a pink hue.
The color is optional, and the recipe can be made with any kind of milk, including oat or soy.
What Does Angel Milk Taste Like?
Angel milk is supposed to taste like melted vanilla ice cream, but the results vary, and many people don’t agree with that.
The flavor depends on the type of vanilla and milk used.
For example, whole milk will result in a much creamier, richer drink, whereas almond milk will make it taste nutty.
To me, it tastes more like Starbucks’ Vanilla Steamer. So if you’re a fan of the simple cozy drink and want to try it at home, this recipe is perfect for you.
How to Make Angel Milk
1. Heat up the milk.
You can use an espresso machine, a steamer, the stovetop, or my favorite – the microwave. I’m not a fan of overcomplicating things.
Heat up the milk until it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit or until it’s warmed to your liking.
If using the microwave, heat the milk in 30 seconds intervals to keep it from bubbling over the top of the mug.
If using the stovetop, I suggest adding the vanilla and sugar to the pot with the milk, so the sugar has time to dissolve while the milk heats up.
2. Prep the mug.
Angel milk is best served in a glass mug so you can see the pretty color.
Drop the sugar, vanilla extract, and food coloring into the mug and give it a mix.
3. Pour the milk.
Pour the milk into the mug, saving the foam, if any. Stir the mixture until it completely changes color, and the sugar is dissolved.
Don’t forget to record this part! This is where the transformation happens.
4. Garnish the milk.
Top the milk with foam and jazz it up with sprinkles. You can also sprinkle it with cinnamon or cocoa powder for extra pizzazz.
5. That’s it. Enjoy!
Tips and FAQs
- There’s no need to follow this recipe to the letter. Instead, use the measurements as a guide – except for the vanilla extract. You don’t want to go overboard with that.
- Don’t add too much vanilla extract, or the angel milk will have a bitter aftertaste. This liquid elixir is powerful stuff, so 1/4 teaspoon is more than enough to flavor a whole mug.
- Add as little or as much sugar as your sweet tooth dictates. You may need to taste the drink to figure that out.
- Use top-quality vanilla for the best taste. That means extract or paste – no essence here!
The Best Milk for Angel Milk
As mentioned, this drink is supposed to taste like melted vanilla ice cream. So if that’s your goal, you’ll want full-fat milk to make it extra rich.
Of course, if you’re lactose intolerant or vegan, you can easily swap the milk for something lactose- or dairy-free.
Just keep in mind that the milk’s flavor will affect the drink’s taste.
Oat milk has a distinct taste, as does almond milk. Similarly, if you use coconut milk, the flavor will be lightly nutty and already quite sweet.
Experiment with different milk options to find which you prefer.
How to Make Milk Foam
The best way to make milk foam is with an espresso machine steamer. If you don’t have one, though, that’s fine.
There are other alternatives:
1. Shake it in a jar.
Just pour the milk into a mason jar, secure the lid, and shake as hard as you can until the milk doubles in volume.
That’ll take about 30 seconds to a minute – which is a fantastic arm workout!
2. Use a handheld frother.
You can get frothers everywhere nowadays, and they’re very cheap and easy to use.
- Top the foam with a sprinkling of cinnamon to make it extra cozy.
- Make it extra pretty with sprinkles or edible glitter.
- Don’t like pink? Use a different color of food gel or leave it out altogether.
- Trying to cut back on processed sugar? Sweeten your angel milk with honey or maple syrup instead. Any sweetener works!
- Think vanilla is too vanilla? Try almond extract instead for a nutty flavor. Just keep in mind that its flavor is more potent than vanilla, so you may want to add a little less of it.
- Make it fall-inspired! Add cinnamon and nutmeg, or go for chai spice if you like.
What To Serve With Angel Milk
This hot beverage is an excellent alternative to coffee or tea. With that in mind, it’ll pretty much pair well with anything.
Try these baked goods for a satisfying breakfast or afternoon snack!
Or, here’s an idea. To jazz up the look and flavor, drop a coffee bomb into the mug!
More TikTok Recipes You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?