If you’ve spent any time on TikTok recently, you’ve likely seen the Kylie Jenner ramen recipe.
At the very least, you’ve seen photos, videos, or stitches of people slurping up a bowl of noodles.
Thanks to TikTok, this recipe has blown up. But what makes it so special?
After all, at its core, it’s just ramen, right?
Yes, it is ramen, but it’s not just ramen. Instead, it’s a really delicious ramen recipe that’s deceptively simple.
So let’s dive in and see if it’s worth the hype!
Kylie Jenner Ramen
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you probably know who the Kardashians are.
Regardless of how you feel about them, the Kardashians are nearly a household name.
And anything they watch, do, cook, eat, wear, or buy soon becomes popular. Whether it deserves to or not.
Luckily, the Kylie Jenner ramen recipe is one of those things that deserves its popularity.
It started with a quick Snapchat pic of Kylie’s ramen, which featured the caption:
I added garlic powder, butter, and an egg to ramen noodles. What about you?
Simple enough, but, of course, some people just had to try it.
It might be “just ramen,” but Kylie’s tweaks made it unbelievably tasty. Let’s check out what you need to make it.
To make Kylie’s famous ramen, you need the following six ingredients:
- Ramen. Grab a pack of your favorite instant ramen. Prepare it according to the instructions on the package.
- Water. You can’t cook ramen noodles without water, of course. However, you may also have to add extra water after transferring the ramen to the saucepan.
- Butter. Butter is the secret ingredient when it comes to this recipe. A tablespoon will make the noodles silkier, smoother, and so much yummier.
- Garlic powder. I always say that garlic makes everything taste better. It’s usually true, but in this recipe, it’s undoubtedly true. The garlic gives the noodles a robust, earthy flavor.
- Egg. Here’s the ingredient that’s confusing to some people. Why add the egg? Believe it or not, it isn’t just for the extra protein. It also enhances the dish’s overall flavor.
- Everything Bagel seasoning. This last ingredient is optional, but I highly recommend using it. Everything Bagel seasoning packs a wallop of flavor. It will make the ramen taste even better.
Some people go a step further and add extra ingredients like frozen peas or chopped carrots.
Doing so is a great way to add more veggies to your diet.
I’m not sure that traditional ramen toppings would work, but you can always give it a shot!
Additionally, you could dice a cooked chicken breast and add it. Other lean proteins, such as fish or tofu, would also work.
And if you want a bit of extra heat, don’t be afraid to experiment with your spices.
Try adding a dash of cayenne, red pepper flakes, or chili powder. Oregano and ginger are other spice options.
How to Make Kylie Jenner Ramen
Jump to the bottom if you want the exact measurements and step-by-step instructions.
For now, here’s a quick overview of the steps required to make Kylie’s ramen:
1. Prepare the ramen according to the package’s instructions. The first step is a simple one: cook your ramen. Simply follow the instructions on the label.
You can make most instant ramen on the stove or in the microwave. I like to cook it on the stove because it cooks more evenly.
2. Prepare the egg. While the ramen is cooking, beat the egg. Crack it in a bowl and briskly beat it with a fork. You want to ensure the white and the yolk are thoroughly combined.
Once they are, move the bowl out of your way for now. You won’t need it again until the ramen is ready.
3. Pour the ramen into a saucepan. Transfer the cooked ramen to a medium saucepan. Bring the water in it to a simmer over medium heat.
If the ramen is too dry, add a bit of extra water. A tablespoon or two will usually do the trick.
Remember: Only add this additional water if you need it. Otherwise, the noodles could come out too soggy.
4. Add the other ingredients. Once the noodles are simmering, add the butter. Stir the noodles until the butter is completely melted and the noodles are slick and buttery.
Then, add the garlic powder. Continue to stir until everything is well-coated.
Finally, add the beaten egg and stir gently. If you’re adding the Everything Bagel seasoning, do so at this time.
5. Transfer to serving bowls, and enjoy! The noodles will be hot, so be careful!
You might also want to season them with salt and pepper or add extra toppings.
Diced green onions and slivered almonds are some of my favorites.
How to Store and Reheat Ramen Noodles
If you stick to a single packet of ramen, chances are leftovers won’t be a problem.
After all, how often do you cook ramen and then have something left?!
In my house, that’s never an issue.
Even so, leftovers are a possibility, albeit a remote one.
If you do have some, you can store them in airtight containers in the fridge for about 3 days.
However, you’ll want to strain the noodles before putting the leftovers in the fridge.
If you leave them in their broth, they’ll soak most of it up.
That will lead to ramen with no broth and soggy and unpleasant noodles.
So, here are the steps for storing your leftovers:
- Position a small-holed strainer over a bowl.
- Separate the noodles and egg from the broth using the strainer. Ensure the broth pours into the clean bowl, not down the drain. You’ll need it later.
- Transfer the noodles and egg to an airtight container. Seal it, and stick it in the fridge.
- Transfer the broth to a second airtight container. Seal it, and stick it in the fridge.
Remember, the leftovers will only last for about 3 days.
You want to reheat and eat them before that time. Here’s the process for doing that:
- Add the noodles and egg to a saucepan.
- Pour the broth over the noodles.
- Heat the saucepan over medium heat, stirring gently.
You can also combine the solids and liquids into a microwave-safe bowl and nuke them.
Start with 2 minutes on 70% power. Then, remove the bowl and stir its contents.
If it needs more heat, return it to the microwave and heat it in 30-second intervals. Discard anything left over after 3 days.
Furthermore, don’t try to freeze your leftovers. Ramen noodles are too thin, so they won’t retain their consistency after being frozen.
More TikTok Recipes To Try
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?