These air fryer frozen waffle fries are the perfect potato dish your family will devour. I mean, who doesn’t love waffle fries?
The air fryer and a few simple seasonings help them crisp to perfection.
Get out your handy air fryer, and let’s check out this easy and delicious recipe for frozen waffle fries!
Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries
If you don’t deep fry them, frozen waffle fries just don’t taste as good. But with your air fryer, restaurant-quality waffle fries are back on the menu!
Seriously, these air-fried spuds are hard to resist. A little drizzle of olive oil with simple seasoning takes them to all new heights.
Sure, they’re a good sidekick with burgers and dogs, but they’re an even better snack.
This recipe doctors up your basic bag of waffle fries to make them taste magical. Don’t worry, all you need are a few pantry staples to make these spuds sing.
- Frozen waffle fries. It all starts with a bag of waffle fries. You don’t have to get fancy. Simple, unseasoned waffle fries will do the trick. In this recipe, you add a blend of spices.
- Olive oil. While it’s not required, it’s highly recommended. You don’t need a lot, but if you want to cut the calories, you can also use olive oil spray.
- Seasoning salt. Table salt is good, but seasoning salt is even better. Seasoning salt incorporates all the flavorful herbs like garlic and onion all in one. The flavor is similar to Arby’s curly fries. Yes, please!
- Ground black pepper. A dash of ground black pepper is all you need once you add your seasoning salt. It adds that perfect amount of heat that makes these fries so addictive.
How to Make Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries
Whipping up a batch of crispy waffle fries is so easy, thanks to the air fryer. Check out how easily it all comes together.
1. Prepare. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add oil. In a large bowl, drizzle the waffle fries with olive oil. This step is optional, but helps them crisp up in the air fryer.
3. Season. Then, sprinkle the seasoning salt and pepper over the fries and toss them to coat. Ensure the seasoning coats all the fries evenly.
4. Air fry. Place the seasoned fries in an even layer in the basket. It’s ok if they slightly overlap. Cook them for 10 minutes, shake the basket, and cook them for 5 more minutes.
5. Serve. Take the fries out of the air fryer, and serve them immediately. Enjoy!
Dipping Sauce Ideas
A special fry deserves an equally special dipping sauce. For these air fryer waffle fries, I like to venture outside of ketchup.
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dip – Ranch is great on its own, but this delicious dip kicks it up a notch. I mean, it has bacon and cheese. Need I say more?
- Homemade Aioli – It adds a kick of garlicky goodness to these fries.
- Burger King Zesty Sauce – This copycat recipe comes together quicker than the fries take in the air fryer.
- Nacho Cheese Sauce – Nothing screams incredible like cheese fries! Skip the stuff in the can and make this homemade version instead!
- Skyline Chili Dip – Transform these waffle fries into a filling meal or party appetizer with this sensational chili dip.
Tips for Success
This air fryer waffle fry recipe is easy-peasy. To ensure your fries are golden and delicious, check out these few quick tips for success below.
- Shake it up! For an even crisp, shake the basket a few times to ensure even cooking. While it’s recommended to shake it at least halfway through, feel free to shake it a few times for good measure.
- Give them some breathing room. Unlike most air fryer recipes, frozen waffle fries don’t have to be in a single layer. However, don’t fill the basket more than 3/4 full, or your fries will be soggy and sad. Work in batches if you need to.
- Double your pleasure. Some of the seasoning will likely fall off as you shake the air fryer basket. So, add a little more seasoning as they come out of the air fryer for the best flavor.
- Feelin’ hot, hot, hot! Waffle fries are best when served steaming hot right out of the air fryer. If you’re serving them with burgers or dogs, don’t air fry them until you’re ready to eat.
How to Store
It’s unlikely that you’ll have leftover waffle fries. They’re just too good! But if there are any left, here’s how to keep them fresh:
- To Store: If you have any leftovers, let them come to room temperature. Then, pop them in an air-tight container or freezer bag and put them in the fridge. They will stay fresh for up to 4 days.
- To Reheat: Reheating is just as easy! Simply pop the leftover waffle fries back into the air fryer. Cook them for a few minutes until they’re warmed through and crispy.
What to Serve with Waffle Fries
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?