These air fryer sweet potato fries are an addictive nutritious snack!
Slightly salty, delightfully sweet, and perfectly crunchy, they’re a delectable treat you can feel good about eating.
Making these spuds in the air fryer means using far less oil. They’re guilt-free and super easy, thanks to the hands-off cooking.
Oh, and that seasoning! A sprinkle of sweet paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper takes them up a notch.
Grab your favorite dipping sauce and let the noshing begin!
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Fries
This air fryer sweet potato fries recipe calls for minimal ingredients. All you need to spruce up these spuds are a few pantry staples.
- Sweet Potatoes – The star of the show! You need two sweet potatoes for this recipe. I leave the skins on for more texture.
- Olive Oil – A light coating of olive oil makes them nice and crispy. Plus, olive oil is a heart-healthy fat.
- Seasoning – Sweet paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper take these fries to the next level.
How to Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Air frying sweet potatoes is so simple! The appliance does most of the work, and they’re healthier, too!
Sip the hot vat of oil and follow these basic steps:
1. Coat them with olive oil. Toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil until evenly coated.
2. Season. Combine the sweet paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper in a bowl. Add it to the sweet potato fries and toss until evenly coated.
3. Air fry. Arrange the fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry them at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-14 minutes. Be sure to flip them halfway.
4. Serve. Pair them with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Sweet Potato Fries
These air fryer sweet potato fries are irresistible! And they’re so easy, it’s hard to mess them up.
Still, every air fryer is different. So cooking them the first time can be tricky. These tips will help:
- Bring on the batches. If your air fryer is small, cook the fries in batches. This will ensure even cooking.
- Don’t crowd them! I know it’s tempting, but don’t overcrowd the fries. That way, you can avoid uneven cooking and allow the fries to crisp up nicely.
- Strive for slicing perfection. Be sure to slice your sweet potato fries into even sizes. It’s a simple way to ensure they cook evenly.
- Omit the oil. If you’re watching your calories, make oil-free fries. Just note the texture and flavor will be slightly different.
- Soak the spuds. Letting the sliced potatoes soak in cold water helps release their starches. So when you air fry them, they’re extra crispy! Just be sure to pat them dry.
- Switch up the seasoning. You can easily shake things up by trying different seasonings. Lawyer’s, Tony Chachere’s, and Old Bay are great store-bought blends. You can also use spices and herbs like cayenne, cumin, thyme, oregano, onion powder, and more.
- Try different potatoes. This recipe is pretty universal. So you can use other types of potatoes like Russet or Idaho potatoes.
- Don’t hesitate! Sweet potato fries are best enjoyed immediately. But you can store leftover fries in an air-tight container and refrigerate them for up to 3 days. Just reheat them in the air fryer or oven until crispy.
Dipping Sauce Ideas
These hot fries are so good, you don’t even need a dipping sauce! That said, they taste extra scrumptious with one.
Here are some of my favorite dipping sauces:
More Air Fryer Recipes
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?