When snack attacks strike, these air fryer pizza rolls will come to the rescue.
You get that cheesy, tomatoey, crusty treat you crave in just 6 minutes. And guess how many ingredients it takes? Just one!
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
The air fryer is hands down the best way to cook pizza rolls.
This appliance makes them ultra-crispy like an oven, but at the speed of a microwave. It’s the best of both worlds!
Trouble is, not all brands list directions on the package.
I use Totino’s, which only provides three cooking methods: oven, toaster oven, and microwave.
But don’t worry, I’ll show you how it’s done. So you can quickly make a batch for appetizers, lunches, dinners, or midnight snacks.
How To Cook Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
It couldn’t be easier.
1. Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
If your air fryer doesn’t require preheating, skip this step! Remember that air fryers aren’t created equally.
In my personal experience, though, I find that foods requiring a short cooking time turn out better when I cook them in a preheated air fryer.
They cook much faster and more evenly this way.
2. Place the pizza rolls in the air fryer basket.
There’s no need to thaw them from their frozen state! Just pop them right in and they’ll cook just fine.
Be sure they’re arranged in a single layer.
It’s okay if they’re touching, but do not overcrowd the basket or stack the rolls on top of one another.
Otherwise, the air won’t be able to move around freely and cook the rolls properly.
3. Air fry the pizza rolls for 6 minutes.
Give the basket a good shake at the 3-minute mark.
If this is your first time, monitor the rolls as they cook. Check them every so often to avoid burning.
The pizza rolls are extremely hot post-cooking, so give them time to rest.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Let them cool for at least 2 minutes before serving. You risk burning your tongue if you don’t!
And that’s it! The pizza rolls are ready in no time. Serve them with your favorite pizza sauce and enjoy.
How Long Do You Put Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer?
If you arrange the pizza rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket, it should only take 6 minutes to cook half a bag’s worth.
If you’re cooking more than half the bag in one batch, give your air fryer an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
I don’t recommend this, though. The more you put in the basket, the more crowded it gets, and the less crispy the rolls will be.
Also, keep in mind that not all air fryers operate the same way.
Several factors affect cooking time, from how powerful your air fryer is to the number of pizza rolls you’re cooking.
For instance, if you own a powerful brand, such as a Nuwave or a Philips, the pizza rolls will cook faster, say 5 minutes.
You’ll know they’re done when the outsides are golden brown and crispy.
When you see the crusts bursting and the filling oozing out, that means they’re overcooked.
So again, if it’s your first time cooking pizza rolls in the air fryer, keep a watchful eye. It only takes 6 minutes, anyway!
Besides, you won’t have to do it every time. Once you get the timing (and temperature) right, you don’t have to babysit anymore.
Tips & Tricks
With just one ingredient, air fryer pizza rolls are the simplest thing to make. But getting the ideal texture can sometimes be tricky.
Don’t worry, I’ve get some tips to help you out!
- No oil required. There’s no need to use oil when cooking pizza rolls in the air fryer. Don’t worry, they’ll still be golden and crispy!
- For non-stick air fryers, use oil. Spray the basket with an oil mister. Don’t use Pam or any cooking spray. These products contain soy lecithin, which is harmful to air fryers.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket! I can’t stress this enough. If you stack them, they won’t cook evenly and crisp up nicely. Just cook them in batches.
- Make them extra crispy. For extra crispy pizza rolls, you can spray the tops with a bit of olive oil.
- Serve with a dipping sauce. A simple tomato sauce, ketchup, or pesto works. For a creamy treat, I use ranch or sour cream. But pick your favorite!
- Dress up your pizza rolls. I love sprinkling parmesan cheese on top. You can also turn them into nachos with chili, cheese, salsa, sour cream – the works!
- Use any brand you like. I use Totino’s pizza rolls, but the same method works with other brands. I’ve tried Annie’s Pizza Poppers, Kroger Pizza Snack Rolls, and Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Snacks and they all turned out great.
What Temperature Do You Cook Pizza Rolls At?
I’ve experimented with various temperatures, and I find that 380 degrees Fahrenheit is the most ideal.
It’s at this setting that my pizza rolls cooked perfectly inside and out.
Don’t use the temperature indicated at the back of the packaging! That’s specific to the oven method.
You won’t need to cook pizza rolls at 425 degrees Fahrenheit when using the air fryer.
More Tasty Air Fryer Recipes
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?