Too tired to make dinner? Air fryer pizza rolls are here to come to the rescue.
Cooking is fun and fulfilling, but sometimes, there’s just no time to make everything from scratch.
That’s what pizza rolls and other frozen foods are for!
Typically, they require the oven to cook… which takes time.
However, thanks to the advancement of technology, AKA the air fryer, you can get it done in as fast as 6 minutes!
That’s gotta be a world record, am I right?
Not only does it cook fast, but it also yields amazing results. The exterior is nice and crispy, and the filling is cooked perfectly.
Trust me, after using the air fryer, you won’t let your pizza rolls get anywhere near a microwave ever again.
Cooking frozen pizza rolls has never been this easy. I’ll show you how it’s done.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
The cooking instructions at the back of a Totino’s bag indicate three methods: the oven, the toaster oven, and the microwave.
It has yet to add the air fryer method, which for me, is hands down, the best way to cook pizza rolls.
The air fryer produces ultra-crispy pizza rolls just like an oven would, but almost as fast as a microwave would. It’s the best of both worlds!
How To Cook Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
It couldn’t be easier.
1. Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
If your air fryer doesn’t require preheating, skip this step! Remember that air fryers aren’t created equally.
In my personal experience, though, I find that foods requiring a short cooking time turn out better when I cook them in a preheated air fryer.
They cook much faster and more evenly this way.
2. Place the pizza rolls in the air fryer basket.
There’s no need to thaw them from their frozen state! Just pop them right in and they’ll cook just fine.
Be sure they’re arranged in a single layer.
It’s okay if they’re touching, but do not overcrowd the basket or stack the rolls on top of one another.
Otherwise, the air won’t be able to move around freely and cook the rolls properly.
3. Air fry the pizza rolls for 6 minutes.
Give the basket a good shake at the 3-minute mark.
If this is your first time, monitor the rolls as they cook. Check them every so often to avoid burning.
The pizza rolls are extremely hot post-cooking, so give them time to rest.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Let them cool for at least 2 minutes before serving. You risk burning your tongue if you don’t!
And that’s it! The pizza rolls are ready in no time. Serve them with your favorite pizza sauce and enjoy.
How Long Do You Put Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer?
If you arrange the pizza rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket, it should only take 6 minutes to cook half a bag’s worth.
If you’re cooking more than half the bag in one batch, give your air fryer an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
I don’t recommend this, though. The more you put in the basket, the more crowded it gets, and the less crispy the rolls will be.
Also, keep in mind that not all air fryers operate the same way.
Several factors affect cooking time, from how powerful your air fryer is to the number of pizza rolls you’re cooking.
For instance, if you own a powerful brand, such as a Nuwave or a Philips, the pizza rolls will cook faster, say 5 minutes.
You’ll know they’re done when the outsides are golden brown and crispy.
When you see the crusts bursting and the filling oozing out, that means they’re overcooked.
So again, if it’s your first time cooking pizza rolls in the air fryer, keep a watchful eye. It only takes 6 minutes, anyway!
Besides, you won’t have to do it every time. Once you get the timing (and temperature) right, you don’t have to babysit anymore.
Tips & Tricks
- There’s no need to use oil when cooking pizza rolls in the air fryer. Don’t worry, they’ll still be golden and crispy!
- If your air fryer is not non-stick, though, spray the basket with oil using an oil mister. Don’t use Pam or any cooking spray. These products contain soy lecithin, which is harmful to air fryers. Frequent use will damage and even destroy your air fryer.
- If you want your pizza rolls extra crispy, you can spray the tops with a bit of olive oil.
- I can’t state this enough: do not overcrowd the basket. If you stack the pizza rolls on top of the other, they won’t cook evenly and crisp up nicely. Just cook them in batches! It takes no time, anyway.
- Serve the rolls with your favorite dipping sauce. A simple tomato sauce or ketchup works, but for a creamy treat, use ranch or sour cream.
- Dress up your pizza rolls by sprinkling them with parmesan cheese. Or, turn them into nachos by topping them with chili, cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole – the works!
- Here’s another idea: drizzle the rolls with pesto for a nutty and herby flavor.
- I’m using Totino’s pizza rolls, but the same method works with other brands. I’ve tried Annie’s Pizza Poppers, Kroger Pizza Snack Rolls, and Mama Cozzi’s Pizza Snacks, and they all turned out great.
What Temperature Do You Cook Pizza Rolls At?
I’ve experimented with various temperatures, and I find that 380 degrees Fahrenheit is the most ideal.
It’s at this setting that my pizza rolls cooked perfectly inside and out.
Don’t use the temperature indicated at the back of the packaging! That’s specific to the oven method.
You won’t need to cook pizza rolls at 425 degrees Fahrenheit when using the air fryer.
More Tasty Air Fryer Recipes
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?