Don’t give up great food for good health! With this air fryer salmon recipe, you’ll have a scrumptious meal and be one step closer to your fitness goals.
Salmon is an exceptional protein. It’s high in antioxidants and Omega-3 fatty acids. More importantly, it’s delicious.
If you’ve recently added salmon to your diet and are running out of ways to prepare it, here’s a recipe you definitely should add to your weekly meal rotation.
It’s simple, easy, and restaurant-quality.
Who says having a healthy lifestyle means restricting yourself to boring salads and white meat?
With this air fryer salmon recipe, both flavor and nutrition are guaranteed.
Air Fryer Salmon
For me, the best method to cook salmon is with an air fryer.
This brilliant kitchen appliance is able to fry food with little to no oil.
You’ll be surprised at how amazing the results are – dishes that are delicious and nutritious at the same time.
This recipe is proof. This perfectly cooked salmon is shockingly packed with flavor!
It’s buttery, flaky, and so darn delicious, you won’t even feel like you’re on a diet.
I’m telling you, watching your weight has never been easier.
- Salmon Fillets – Pick pieces that are bright in color and have no spots or discoloration.
- Butter, Melted – For extra flavor and for keeping the salmon moist.
- Garlic Powder – For that added punch of flavor.
- Paprika – It gives the cooked salmon a beautiful shade of brown.
- Salt and Pepper – To taste.
- Cooking Oil – To prevent the skins from sticking to the foil. Stick to olive, avocado, or canola oil.
- Lemon slices – It’s optional, but you won’t believe how a splash of fresh lemon juice can transform the dish from great to phenomenal.
- Fresh Dill or Parsley, for garnish – Let’s fancy it up, shall we?
How to Cook Air Fryer Salmon
The great thing about this air fryer recipe is that it only takes 10 minutes, but it yields such a stunning dish.
Start by slicing the salmon into equal pieces. The closer the fillets are in size, the more even they’ll cook.
You can also buy pre-cut fillets for easier cooking.
You can remove the skins or leave them on – completely up to you. I personally like the skin on because it turns out juicier.
If your air fryer requires pre-heating, now’s the time to do it. Check the manual if you’re unsure.
Now, brush the tops of the fillets with melted butter. It will help keep the fish moist and add more flavor.
Next, prepare the seasoning mix.
This recipe uses a blend of garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper, but feel free to add your preferred herbs, spices, and seasonings.
Rub the mixture all over the fillets for maximum flavor.
Line the air fryer basket with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking oil.
This is especially necessary if you’re choosing to leave the skins on because they tend to stick to the foil.
Pro-tip: use olive, avocado, or canola oil. They all have a neutral flavor and a high smoke point.
Do not use an aerosol spray, as it contains chemicals that will damage your air fryer over time.
Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, in the basket. Air fry them for 10 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
The high heat causes the exterior to form a crispy crust.
Test for doneness by using a meat thermometer. It’s perfectly cooked when the temperature reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
At this temperature, the salmon will be caramelized on top and so flaky on the inside, it will break apart easily with a fork.
The total cook time may vary depending on the intensity of your air fryer and the thickness of your salmon.
I suggest you check at the 9-minute mark.
Garnish the fillets with a splash of lemon and fresh parsley or dill.
Tips for the Best Salmon
- Pat dry fillets dry before brushing them with butter and adding the seasonings.
- Air fry similar-sized fillets at the same time so they cook evenly.
- Do not overcrowd the basket, or the salmon won’t cook evenly.
- Avoid overcooking the salmon by checking for doneness around the 9-minute mark. Stick a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the salmon to make sure it’s cooked through.
- Transfer the salmon onto a serving plate right after cooking. If you leave it in the basket, it will continue to cook.
- Don’t be afraid to season generously! Rub the seasonings all over the salmon fillets for maximum flavor.
- For a complete meal, serve salmon with a colorful salad, a hearty pasta, or creamy mashed potatoes.
- Got leftovers? Store them in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Will Frozen Salmon Work?
Why, yes! This is another great thing about the air fryer. You don’t need to wait for frozen food to thaw.
You can pop them right in the basket and they’ll cook beautifully.
When cooking frozen salmon, use the same recipe, but air fry it for an additional 2 minutes.
Test for doneness using a meat thermometer – 145 degrees Fahrenheit is the golden number.
More Easy Air Fyer Recipes
Air Fryer Appetizers
Air Fryer Dinner Recipes
Air Fryer Desserts
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?