Make every gathering special with this air fryer Chex mix recipe!
It’s an addicting blend of Chex cereal, mixed nuts, and salty pretzels. Add the seasonings, and it’s a party in a bowl.
Crispy and crunchy, this savory snack is a classic party favorite. When you make it in the air fryer, it gets even easier.
You can whip it up in no time for parties, game days, movie nights, book club gatherings, and more.
Air Fryer Chex Mix Ingredients
Chex mix combines pantry staples with snacks for a delectable snack. The ingredients are simple, and everyone loves it.
Here’s what you need:
- Chex Cereal – This recipe uses a blend of Corn, Rice, and Wheat Chex cereal. They add a ton of texture and flavor.
- Pretzels – They add a delightful salty crunch. Pretzel minis or sticks both work.
- Mixed Nuts – For adding a wonderfully nutty crunch! I prefer to use a blend for flavor, texture, and convenience. But you can pick and choose which nuts to use.
- Butter – This recipe calls for added salt, so use unsalted butter. That way, you can control how salty it tastes.
- Worcestershire, Seasoned Salt, Garlic Powder, and Onion Powder – These seasonings coat the snack in savory goodness, making it super addicting.
How to Make Air Fryer Chex Mix
Air fryer Chex mix is a fun treat anyone can make. All you need is an air fryer, then follow these steps:
1. Mix the base ingredients. Combine the Corn Chex, Rice Chex, Wheat Chex, mini pretzels, and mixed nuts.
2. Make the seasoning. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
3. Combine. Mix the seasoning mix with the dry ingredients until well-coated.
4. Air fry. Air fry it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes. Shake the basket halfway to ensure even cooking.
5. Cool and serve. Spread the mix out on a baking sheet to cool. Serve and snack happily!
Recipe Tips and Variations
Snacks like this are such a cinch to make. Still, I have some nifty tips and variations to keep in mind. That way, you get the best homemade Chex mix!
- Timing is everything. Depending on your air fryer model, you may need to adjust the cooking time. The mix is done when it loses its shine.
- Work some batch bliss. It’s best to avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket. Work in batches so the mix cooks evenly.
- Step outside of the box. There is so much experimentation to be had with this mix. So try other add-ins like Cheerios, Goldfish crackers, sesame sticks, and more.
- Sweeten the deal. Prefer sweet to savory? Then sweeten up this mix! Add sugary mix-ins like chocolate chips, candy, or cocoa powder. You can also make Puppy Chow!
- Prep it for parties. If you’re serving a large crowd, I recommend doubling the recipe. You get eight servings in one batch. So double or triple as needed. This mix goes fast!
- Use the good old-fashioned oven. Don’t have an air fryer? No problem! Just bake the mix in the oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45-60 minutes. Be sure to toss the mix every 15 minutes.
How to Store
Air fryer Chex mix is crunchiest right after you make it. I recommend enjoying this snack immediately.
If you want to store it for later, be sure to use an air-tight container. It helps prevent it from getting soggy.
Here’s how to store this Chex mix:
To Store: Place the cooled Chex mix in an air-tight container. Store it at room temperature for up to 1 month.
To Freeze: Store the cooled leftover Chex mix in an air-tight container or freezer bag. Freeze it for up to 3 months.
More Air Fryer Snack Recipes
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?