If you’re in need of a quick weeknight dinner, you’ll love this pepperoni pizza casserole.
It combines melty cheese, spicy pepperoni, and tomato sauce with tender noodles in a convenient one-pan meal.
And the best part? It’s just as easy as popping a frozen pizza in the oven!
It’s perfect to feed a big group, and you likely have everything you need in your pantry right now.
One bite of this fantastic casserole, and it will soon be in your regular dinner rotation.
Transform your kitchen into an Italian pizzeria with a homemade touch!
Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
This pizza casserole recipe is part pizza, part lasagna, and comes together in a flash.
It’s a great way to use leftover pasta noodles from the night before in new and exciting ways.
With ground beef, salty pepperoni, mushrooms, and cheese, it’ll be a big hit around the dinner table.
You can customize this recipe however you like. It’s also a great way to use all those veggies in the fridge before they go bad.
This dish is guaranteed to be met with smiles!
You only need six ingredients to make this delectable casserole:
- Ground beef – A package of ground beef makes this casserole so incredibly filling. It provides a little something extra with those tender noodles and veggies.
- Egg noodles – Using egg noodles adds a rich, meaty bite to this recipe and helps absorb all that pasta sauce. But you can use whatever noodles you have on hand. Shorter noodles, like bow ties of penne, work best in this recipe.
- Pizza sauce – Use your favorite pizza sauce, like Rao’s, for the ultimate flavor. Or, if you want to take this recipe over the top, make a homemade pizza sauce.
- Mushrooms. They’re a fan-favorite pizza topping for a good reason. They add texture and earthy flavors that pair well with acidic pizza sauce.
- Pepperoni – Who can resist a pepperoni pizza? Chopped pepperoni adds a salty, mouthwatering kick of spicy flavors to this casserole.
- Mozzarella cheese. It’s not pizza without mozzarella cheese! Mozzarella melts like a dream and transforms it into a pizza casserole. `
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Wait until you see how easy this casserole is to whip together!
1. Preheat. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Make the ground beef. In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until it’s no longer pink (about 10 minutes). Drain the excess grease and set aside.
3. Boil the noodles. Place a stock pot of salted water on the stove and bring it to a rolling boil. Cook the egg noodles according to the package. Drain and set aside.
4. Combine the pizza ingredients. Combine the ground beef, noodles, pizza sauce, mushrooms, pepperoni, and half of the mozzarella in a mixing bowl. Stir until the pizza sauce is thoroughly distributed.
5. Transfer it to the casserole dish. Place the ingredients into a 9×13 casserole dish, and sprinkle the top with the remaining mozzarella.
6. Bake it. Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil, and bake it in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until the cheese on top is nice and bubbly.
7. Let it cool. Set on a wire rack to cool, and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Pizza Casserole
Here are some quick tips to ensure that your pizza casserole is the picture of perfection.
- Pay attention to the pasta! When boiling the pasta, you want it to be just shy of al dente. Remember, the noodles will continue to cook in the oven. If they’re overcooked after boiling, they’ll become mushy in the oven.
- Let it cool off. It’s hard to resist diving in right as it comes out of the oven. But resist the urge. If you give your casserole 5-10 minutes to cool, it will allow the ingredients to set, making it easier to serve.
- Fresh is the way to go. To take the flavors over the top, skip the pre-shredded cheese. It doesn’t melt as easily. Use a block of mozzarella and a cheese grater for perfectly melted cheese.
This recipe is just the jumping-off point. There are many ways to tinker with it to capture what your family craves.
- The more cheese, the better. There’s no such thing as too much cheese. Mozzarella is a pizza classic, but you don’t have to stop there. Add different cheese for added flavors, like smoked gouda, cheddar, Parmesan, or ricotta.
- Go crazy with veggies. Adding veggies to this pizza casserole is a great way to sneak in some extra nutrition. Opt for classic supreme pizza toppings like green peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, garlic, and spinach.
- Make it a meat-lovers pizza. Want to make it exceptionally meaty? Don’t stop with ground beef and pepperoni! Add pizza toppings like sausage, chorizo (for a spicy bite), or bacon.
How to Store & Reheat
One of the great things about leftover pizza casserole is it’s even better the next day!
To Store: Cover the casserole dish in plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
To Reheat: When reheating, place individual portions in the microwave to heat through. (It should take 2-3 minutes). To reheat the entire pan, preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and reheat it for 20 minutes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?