These Starbucks pumpkin cream cheese muffins are the fall recipe you’ve been searching for.
They’re lightly spiced, super fluffy, and pretty much to die for.
When it comes to warm and cozy fall treats, Starbucks is king.
They’re out of this world!
But their pumpkin cream cheese muffins are even better. And thanks to this easy recipe, you can have them at home anytime the craving strikes.
Starbucks Cream Cheese Pumpkin Muffins
If you’re as obsessed with Starbucks as I am, you have to try this copycat recipe.
These muffins are insanely delicious! They’re perfectly moist and buttery, and the pumpkin sweetness has just the right balance of spice.
And the sweet cream cheese filling? It’s out of this world delicious!
They feature pumpkin puree, a blend of fall spices, and a tangy cream cheese center. And they’re just what you need when the weather turns cold.
As you might’ve guessed, you’ll need canned pumpkin puree and cream cheese for this copycat Starbucks recipe.
That’s what makes them some of the most moist muffins ever!
But if you ask me, it’s the blend of fall spices that really make them pop.
For the Pumpkin Muffins:
- Pumpkin Puree – you can’t have pumpkin muffins without it. Just remember to get canned pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Eggs – for richness, moisture, and to help the muffins rise.
- Granulated Sugar – for sweetness.
- Vegetable Oil – the fat element that ensures the muffins are tender. You can also use an equal amount of melted butter.
- All-Purpose Flour – flour gives the muffins structure.
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ground Cloves, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Cardamom (optional) – here’s where the magic happens! You could just use pumpkin pie spice, but this blend offers way more flavor and aroma.
- Salt, Baking Soda, and Baking Powder – to balance the sweetness and help the muffins rise.
- Chopped Walnuts or Pecans (optional) – these go on top right at the end before baking. They’re optional, but I think the crunch is amazing.
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- Cream Cheese – use full fat cream cheese for the best results.
- Flour – to thicken the filling and to help it set.
- Granulated Sugar – to counter the tang.
- Milk – so you can pipe it into the batter easily.
- Vanilla Extract – for a touch of added sweetness and flavor.
How to Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Ready to make a tasty fall treat? Me too! So let’s dive into the basic method:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a muffin tin with liners.
2. Make the cream cheese filling. Mix the cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla, and milk in a bowl until smooth. Set aside.
3. Mix the wet ingredients. Add the eggs, oil, pumpkin puree, and sugar to a bowl and whisk by hand until smooth.
4. Sift the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Combine the wet and dry. Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the pumpkin. Gently mix with a spatula by hand until just combined.
6. Portion the batter into the muffin liners. This recipe makes 12 muffins, but just be sure you have about 1/4 cup of batter in each.
7. Spoon the cream cheese filling into a piping bag. Gently squeeze about 1-2 tablespoons into the middle of each muffin.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let the muffins cool in the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer them onto a wire rack.
What Is Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Pumpkin pie spice is a blend of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice.
It’s ideal for so many incredible fall desserts because it brings a ton of warmth, flavor, and aroma. And it’s all in one convenient powder.
It’s available in pretty much every grocery store. But you can make it yourself if you like.
Why? Because then you can modify it to suit your tastes.
Here’s what you’ll need for my go-to recipe:
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1.5 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- pinch ground black pepper
Feel free to play around with the recipe to make it your own.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins Tips & Tricks
Cream cheese pumpkin muffins look super impressive. And when you take a bite, you’ll think they’re store-bought.
But they’re deceptively easy to whip up!
That said, I have a few tips below to ensure your pumpkin spice muffins are perfect:
- Sift the dry ingredients. This ensures the spices and leavening agents are evenly distributed. It’s a great way to get lighter, more tender muffins, too.
- Mix everything by hand. You can use a hand-whisk for the wet ingredients, but I suggest a spatula for the batter. This should keep it from over-mixing.
- Got fewer than 12 muffins or a larger tin? No worries. Just pour water into the empty spaces, about halfway. This neat little trick ensures even baking.
- Let the muffins sit for at least 15 minutes before eating. This will give the muffins a deeper flavor and better consistency.
- Add pumpkin seeds to the top. They’re a terrific nut alternative, and they look great!
How to Store Starbucks Pumpkin Muffins
Because these pumpkin muffins have cream cheese centers, they’re best stored in the fridge.
To store: Let the muffins cool completely. Then, place them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to one week.
To freeze: Cool the muffins completely, then place them into an airtight container or freezer-safe bag.
You can also wrap them individually with plastic wrap before placing them in the container to help retain their moisture.
Stored this way, they’ll last for up to 2-3 months.
To reheat: Heat the muffins in the microwave for 8-10 seconds.
Of course, they taste amazing whether hot or cold, so you can eat them straight from the fridge.
To thaw: Let the muffins sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes to thaw. You can also warm them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?