This delectable pumpkin milkshake will bring all the boys, girls, and fall lovers to the yard!
It tastes just like pumpkin pie, and I know you’ll love it.
There is nothing like a good milkshake.
I mean, there’s a reason entire diners are centered around shakes and malts – they’re sweet, creamy, nostalgic, and seriously delicious.
Plus, they’re versatile. You can make them in a myriad of flavors and themes and go as wild and crazy as you like.
And this fabulous pumpkin milkshake is just one incredibly tasty version.
It’s the epitome of fall and a perfect way to celebrate pumpkin spice season.
Easy Pumpkin Pie Milkshake Recipe with Whipped Cream
This pumpkin milkshake is like pumpkin pie à la mode in luscious milkshake form.
Every sip literally screams, “I love fall,” in the most indulgent way possible.
Featuring creamy vanilla ice cream and delicious pumpkin pie filling, it’s got the most stunning pastel orange hue.
Extra pie spices give it a warm kick of wonderful flavor, and brown sugar adds a touch of rich sweetness.
What could be better than that? Not much, I think.
It’s perfect for when those pumpkin spice cravings hit during the summer. Or when you’re craving a cool treat to liven up your fall.
And do you want to hear the crazy part? It’s ready in under 10 minutes!
This recipe calls for just five key ingredients, with the whipped cream being an optional garnish. Though, is it really optional?!
- Vanilla Ice Cream- You can use any brand you like, in any vanilla-y flavor you like. I also think cinnamon ice cream would also be super delicious.
- I recommend full-fat, cream-based ice cream for the creamiest results. But frozen yogurt would also be fantastic.
- Milk- What’s a milkshake without milk? Again, I recommend full-fat milk because it makes the shake so incredibly smooth and indulgent. But feel free to use any milk you like!
- If you use something thin, like almond milk, you might need to use less, or add more ice cream to get the same thick texture.
- Pumpkin Pie Filling- This is a pumpkin milkshake, after all. And we’re using pumpkin pie filling because it has all the extra sugar and spices already mixed in.
- If you want this less sweet, or want to control the amount of sugar, use pumpkin puree.
- Brown Sugar- Brown sugar adds depth and richness to the milkshake. Obviously, it makes the shake a little sweeter as well.
- Feel free to use sweeteners instead. Just add a small amount and adjust it to taste.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice- A flavorful mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and ginger. That makes this taste like pie.
- Whipped Cream– This is optional but highly recommended! Because no milkshake is complete without a generous dollop of whipped cream.
How To Make the Best Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
Making this milkshake is as easy as 1-2-3- EAT!
Step One- Chill the glasses.
Put 2-3 drinking glasses in the freezer to chill while you make the milkshake.
This recipe makes about three cups, so depending on how big your glasses are, you should get 2-3 milkshakes.
Step Two- Blend all of the ingredients together.
Add the ice cream, milk, pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and pie spices to a blender. Then, let ‘er rip!
When everything is smooth and well incorporated, you’re ready to go.
If you’re using pumpkin puree, you’ll likely need to taste it and add more sugar and spice.
Step Three- Pour, garnish, and enjoy!
Grab your glasses out of the freezer and pour your milkshake into them. Top with whipped cream and more pie spices.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Pumpkin Milkshake
I know this recipe is crazy easy. But I’ve still got a few tips to make sure your milkshake is impossibly delish!
- Switch up the ice cream flavor for a unique treat. I love pumpkin and chocolate, but chocolate is super strong. So I use half vanilla and half chocolate.
- Go for any flavor you think would work with pumpkin, such as caramel, butter pecan, rum raisin, or cheesecake.
- Keep in mind, adding a sweeter ice cream means you’ll likely need to reduce the sugar or remove it altogether.
- Use coffee creamers instead of milk for a fun flavor twist. There are so many delicious coffee creamers you can try! It’s especially fun with seasonal flavors.
- Add coffee if you’re a pumpkin spice latte lover. Use your favorite cold brew or day-old coffee.
- This will thin out the milkshake a little, so be sure to add more ice cream to thicken it up.
- Make it vegan! Swap the ice cream and the milk for your favorite plant-based alternatives. And the same goes for whipped cream (use whipped coconut cream).
- If you can’t find pumpkin pie spice, make your own with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Or just use cinnamon, and it’ll still be lightly spiced and scrumptious.
- Let your ice cream get a little melty before you blend everything. This will ensure a perfectly smooth milkshake.
- For an extra indulgent, extra luxurious, and extra thick shake, use cream instead of milk, or add frozen banana to the mix. Bananas will add thickness and natural sweetness (plus nutrients!) with just a hint of fruity flavor.
- Make this “healthy” with Greek yogurt and frozen banana instead of ice cream and milk. It might not be as thick, but it’s a terrific dupe.
- Swap the sugar for maple syrup or honey. Or go for your favorite liquid sweetener.
Pumpkin Milkshake Topping Ideas
These days, milkshakes are not just simple milkshakes. Instead, they’re topped with ALL kinds of delicious stuff.
I’m talking donuts, cakes, cookies, and even slices of pie!
So, of course, you could totally top this thing with a slice of pumpkin pie. But if you’re looking for some less extravagant options, keep reading.
- Graham Crackers– Graham Cracker or Lotus Biscoff cookie crumbles are delicious! Plus, they add a wonderful crunch. It’s kind of like adding pie crust to your milkshake.
- Ice Cream– More is more, I always say.
- Caramel Sauce- Pumpkin and caramel are an excellent combination. You can use a homemade sauce or a store-bought one.
- Chocolate– Chocolate shavings, cocoa nibs, chocolate sauce, chocolate chips… it’s all good.
- Sprinkles– Everything is more fun with sprinkles!
More Creamy Drinks You’ll Love
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Banana Milk Coffee Recipe
Smoothie King Angel Food Smoothie
Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Recipe
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?