The next time you’re craving a fruity treat, try this easy strawberry milkshake recipe.
It’s bright, sweet, and sure to brighten your day!
It’s a creamy, decadent delight with plenty of strawberries, ice cream, and milk.
Make it once, and you’ll never look back. Seriously, it’ll be your dessert of choice for any occasion.
And luckily, this fresh strawberry milkshake couldn’t be more effortless to make. So let’s get to it!
Homemade Strawberry Milkshake
If you’re a fan of classic desserts, this homemade strawberry milkshake is a must-try.
It’s a simple and delightful treat that never fails to impress.
Simply toss the ingredients into a blender, hit blend, and voila! You’ll have a delicious homemade milkshake in minutes.
But wait, there’s more!
You can customize this to your heart’s content. So top it with whipped cream or mix it with other fruits for a flavorful, whimsical touch.
- Strawberries – You can’t have a strawberry milkshake without these juicy berries! They’re fruity, colorful, and chock-full of flavor.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – To make it luxuriously creamy.
- Milk – To get it to just the right texture – aka, smooth, creamy, and slurpable.
- Sugar – Even with ripe fruit, you’ll need just a touch of sugar to enhance the flavors.
- Vanilla Extract – For warm sweetness to complement the bright strawberry flavor.
How to Make Strawberry Milkshake
If you’ve got 5 minutes and a clean glass, you can make this super quick milkshake recipe.
1. Prepare the ingredients.
Rinse and hull 2 cups of fresh strawberries, then cut them into halves.
Next, mix the sugar, vanilla extract, and sliced strawberries in a bowl and let the fruit soften a little.
2. Blend until smooth.
Once the strawberries have softened, place them in a blender – sugar and all.
Add half of the milk and vanilla ice cream, then blend until it reaches your desired consistency.
Pour in extra milk as needed.
3. Serve and garnish.
Pour the milkshake into tall glasses and garnish with fresh, whole strawberries.
Tips for Making the Best Strawberry Milkshake
- Choose ripe, red, and fresh strawberries for the best flavor. Avoid overripe or bruised strawberries, as they can negatively impact the taste.
- Taste the milkshake before serving. Then adjust the amount of sugar based on your personal preference.
- Use high-quality ice cream. Vanilla ice cream is the traditional choice for strawberry milkshakes. But you can also experiment with flavors to make it your own.
- Add half of the milk to start with. Then, add more as needed. Or, add another scoop of ice cream if the smoothie turns out too runny.
- Chill the milk, strawberries, and glasses in the refrigerator. This will make it extra thick!
- Serve right away. It’ll go runny if you leave it to sit.
Looking for ways to spruce up the classic strawberry milkshake? I’ve got you covered!
From fruity additions to chocolatey delights and dessert-inspired flavor combos, you’ll love these variations:
- Strawberry and Banana Milkshake: Add one ripe banana to the blender with the strawberries.
- Chocolate and Strawberry Milkshake: Add a drizzle of chocolate syrup to the glass for a decadent chocolatey twist.
- Strawberry and Nutella Milkshake: Blend 2 tablespoons of Nutella (or any chocolate-hazelnut spread) into the mix for a rich, nutty flavor.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Milkshake: Add 2 ounces of cream cheese and 1/2 cup of crushed Graham Crackers.
- Coconut Milk and Strawberry Milkshake: Replace regular milk with coconut milk for a tropical twist.
- Strawberry Mint Milkshake: Add 5 to 6 fresh mint leaves to the blender for a refreshing touch.
- Cookies and Cream Milkshake: Toss 2 to 4 Oreos into the blend for a sweet, chocolatey twist.
How to Store
Strawberry milkshakes are best enjoyed fresh, so it’s best to consume them immediately.
But if you have leftovers, you can place them in the freezer.
- Use a jar, bottle, or container with a tight-fitting lid to store the milkshake.
- It should keep for a week or so before the flavor starts to degrade.
- Thaw in the fridge overnight and blend again before drinking.
More Strawberry Recipes You’ll Love
Strawberry Banana Muffins
Easy Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Paula Deen Strawberry Cake
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?