The Starbucks pistachio latte is a seasonal drink that’s only available in winter.
And this copycat recipe is an awesome replica of this delectable Starbucks drink!
It’s a tasty blend of espresso, milk, pistachio syrup, and a mind-blowing sweetened brown butter topping.
You’ll definitely crave this drink again and again.
So if you’re looking to replicate this cozy treat at home, this recipe is at your service.
What are you waiting for? Let’s give Starbucks a run for its money, shall we?
Starbucks Pistachio Latte Recipe
Let’s give a classic latte a glow-up with nutty pistachio syrup and richly browned butter.
It’s become such a popular menu item in Starbucks over the years, and I must say, it does live up to the hype.
I love how it’s not too sweet, considering it contains both sweet pistachio syrup and sweetened butter.
These flavorings complement the coffee and milk beautifully. The latte has well-balanced flavors of sweet, salty, rich, creamy, and nutty.
Oh, and if you’re wondering about Cappuccino vs. Latte, just remember that lattes have a lot more milk, so they’re creamier and usually more mellow.
What’s in a Starbucks Pistachio Latte?
- Espresso – The base of every latte is, of course, coffee! The original Starbucks latte uses 1-2 pumps of espresso, but you can decide how much or little you want to add to yours.
Also, if you don’t own an espresso machine or a French press, you can always turn to instant espresso powder. Or, just a very strong coffee brew. Nothing should stop you from making this tasty treat at home.
- Sweetened Browned Butter – To me, it’s not the pistachio, but this sweet, salty, and nutty, toasted topping that makes this beverage sensational beyond belief! You can make this golden elixir by melting butter until golden brown, then mixing it with brown sugar and salt.
- Frothy Steamed Milk – Heat it in a pan or the microwave and make it super foamy with a milk frother or immersion blender.
- Pistachio Flavoring – It’s what gives the beverage its iconic pistachio taste. You can use any high-quality brand of pistachio syrup, but you can also make it at home. You’ll find a good recipe for it in the recipe card below!
How to Make Starbucks Pistachio Latte
Step 1: Brew the espresso with your espresso machine or French press. If you don’t have one, use instant espresso powder or strong black coffee instead.
Step 2: Brown the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Tilt the pan constantly until the butter turns golden brown. This will take about 5-8 minutes.
Turn off the heat and stir in the brown sugar and salt until dissolved. Voila! You just made an aromatic elixir of sweetened browned butter!
Step 3: Heat the milk and flavor it with sugar and pistachio flavoring. Make it frothy and foamy using an immersion blender or a hand-held mix frother.
Step 4: Assemble the latte. It goes espresso at the bottom, milk in the middle, and browned butter on top. Serve it hot and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Latte
- Don’t worry if you don’t have an espresso machine or French press! Just swap out the espresso with instant espresso powder mixed with water or a very strong brewed coffee.
- In the mood for iced coffee for breakfast? Easy, blend all the ingredients together with ice. Also, don’t steam the milk anymore.
- Need an extra dose of an energy boost? Add another shot of espresso!
- Adjust the amount of pistachio flavoring to your liking. For reference, a standard Starbucks grande pistachio latte uses 4 pumps of pistachio flavoring.
- Starbucks uses 2% milk for their lattes, but feel free to use whatever kind of milk you like. Whole milk, nonfat milk, soy milk, almond milk – anything goes. You can even use cream if you’re in the mood to indulge.
- Have no frother or immersion blender? Just pour the milk into a Mason jar, put the lid on, and shake it like as hard as you can until it’s frothy. Don’t worry, this’ll only take about 30 seconds. Microwave the jar for 30 seconds to a minute, and there you have it.
- Make your pistachio latte extra by finishing it with a dollop of whipped cream. Delish.
More Copycat Beverages You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?