Can’t get enough of those delightful cranberry bliss bars from Starbucks? Neither can I! But why wait in line when you can make them at home?
This copycat recipe brings the iconic Starbucks favorite to your kitchen any time of the year.
These bars are pure indulgence with tangy cranberries, decadent white chocolate, and heavenly frosting.
Whether you’re a pro or a beginner baker, this step-by-step guide will help you recreate these magical treats.
Follow along and make these cranberry bliss bars, where every bite is a blissful experience.
Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars
Have you ever tried a Starbucks treat and thought, “I need this in my life all the time?” Yeah, me too.
So, I took to my kitchen, mixing, tasting, and tweaking until I nailed the flavors.
I wanted to make this recipe fuss-free and fun. You can whip it up for a weekend treat or to impress at a holiday gathering.
Trust me, you’ll never look back once you taste these homemade gems.
Ready to dive into cranberry bliss in your kitchen? Grab your apron, and let’s get baking!
Gather the following ingredients. Each plays a unique role in crafting these delectable treats. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Flour – The foundational ingredient, providing the structure for the bars.
- Butter – It adds richness and moisture to the bars, creating a tender texture.
- Brown Sugar – It imparts a deep, molasses-like sweetness, adding complexity to the flavor.
- Eggs – They act as a binding agent, giving structure and body to the bars.
- Vanilla Extract – It enhances the overall flavor, providing a hint of aromatic sweetness.
- Baking Powder – It helps the crust rise and become fluffy.
- Salt – Balances the sweetness, highlighting other flavors.
- White Chocolate Chips – They add creamy sweetness and texture. They’re also used for garnishing, adding visual appeal and taste.
- Cream Cheese – This creates a smooth and tangy base for the frosting.
- Dried Cranberries – They offer a tangy contrast to the sweetness, adding a chewy texture. Some are melted for drizzling on top of the baked bars.
How to Make Cranberry Bliss Bars
This step-by-step guide ensures the perfect results every time:
1. Preheat the oven and prepare the baking pan. Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Whisk the wet ingredients. Mix the melted butter and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
3. Mix the dry ingredients. Whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl.
4. Combine the wet and dry mixtures. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients until just combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
5. Bake. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan, spreading it out evenly. Bake it for 20-22 minutes. Let the bars cool completely in the pan.
6. Make the frosting. Beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, then whisk until smooth and creamy.
7. Frost the bars. Once the bars have completely cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting over the top. Drizzle the melted white chocolate on top.
8. Slice and serve. Allow the white chocolate drizzle to set for a few minutes. Once it’s set, slice it into small triangles and serve.
How to Slice
Slicing cranberry bliss bars into perfect little triangles is simple but requires some care. Here’s how you can do it:
- Cool Completely: Before slicing, ensure the bars are completely cooled to room temperature.
- Use a Sharp Knife: A sharp knife ensures clean cuts without tearing the bars. You may also lightly grease the cutter with butter to help it glide through the bars.
- Cut into Squares: Start trimming the edges if you desire clean, bakery-style edges. Then, cut the entire block into 12 even squares.
- Slice into Triangles: Cut each square in half diagonally to create two triangles. You’ll end up with 24 beautiful triangular pieces.
Tips for the Best Cranberry Bliss Bars
Do you want to ensure the best results every time you make this sweet treat? These little magic touches will elevate your bars to the next level!
- Use quality ingredients. Use high-quality white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. Their taste will significantly influence the taste of your final product.
- Room temperature is the best. Room-temperature eggs and cream cheese blend smoother into your batter, making for a beautifully even-textured bar.
- Don’t overbake! The bars should be slightly underdone rather than overdone. They’ll continue to cook after being removed from the oven due to residual heat.
- Patience is key. Allow the bars to cool entirely before frosting. If you frost them while they’re still warm, the frosting will melt and become too runny.
- Add a decorative drizzle. Use a piping bag with a small hole cut at one corner for an aesthetic drizzle. This gives you more control over the white chocolate drizzle.
With this basic recipe for cranberry bliss bars, you can make it more delightful with some recipe swaps:
1. Vegan Cranberry Bliss Bars: Use vegan butter or coconut oil. Swap the eggs for flax eggs (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons water per egg). Opt for vegan cream cheese.
2. Gluten-Free Cranberry Bliss Bars: Use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour.
3. Orange-Cranberry Bliss Bars: Add the zest of one orange to the batter. A teaspoon of orange extract in the frosting for a citrusy twist.
4. Nutty Bliss Bars: Add chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds for a nutty crunch.
5. Cranberry Bliss Bars with Salted Caramel Drizzle: Add a drizzle of homemade or store-bought salted caramel on top for a luxurious finish.
The sky is the limit when it comes to customizing these heavenly bars. Let your creativity shine, whether it’s adjusting to dietary needs or playing with flavors.
Serving and Storage
Knowing how to serve and store them properly helps you to savor them at their best. Here’s your friendly guide to serving and storing these delightful treats:
To Serve: You can serve these squares of delight at room temperature or chilled.
Since they’re a vibrant treat, cutting them into 24 triangles is advised. With a dessert this decadent, less is indeed more.
These bars pair wonderfully with hot drinks. Consider serving them as part of a coffee or tea-tasting party.
- Room Temperature: Store them in an air-tight container if you plan to eat them within a day.
- Refrigeration: Keep them in an air-tight container with parchment paper for up to 5 days.
- Freezing: Wrap them individually and store them in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
- Defrosting: Thaw them in the refrigerator overnight or at room temperature for a few hours.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?