The next time you crave a Starbucks white chocolate mocha, just make it at home! It’s a lot cheaper and easier than you think with this easy copycat recipe.
Every sip has the perfect balance of espresso, creamy white chocolate, and frothy milk.
Don’t get me wrong, Starbucks is awesome. But do you really want to spend $3-$5 daily on coffee?
Trust me, with this copycat recipe for white chocolate mocha, your life will never be the same again. So come on and let’s get brewing! Be the barista you always wanted to be.
Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha
White chocolate mocha is a hot espresso beverage combining espresso with white chocolate. Starbucks takes its version up a notch by adding a dollop of whipped cream on top.
This coffee is great for those who like their brew strong but also sweet and creamy.
It’s just the right balance between simple and indulgent. The sweetness of the white chocolate complements the espresso’s bold taste. It results in a wonderful harmony of flavors.
- White Chocolate Chips or Chopped White Chocolate – You can also use white chocolate mocha sauce, which you can buy at Starbucks or Amazon. Torani white chocolate sauce is also great for this recipe.
- Starbucks Espresso Roast – For a near-replica of the drink, it’s best to use the espresso roast Starbucks uses. If you don’t need the beverage to taste exactly the same, pick your favorite espresso.
- 2% Milk – Starbucks uses 2%, but feel free to use whatever kind of milk you prefer. I love using almond milk.
- Whipped Cream – Whip your own cream if you like, but for convenience, just go with Cool Whip!
How to Make Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha
It seriously couldn’t be easier.
1. Melt the white chocolate.
There are three ways you can do this: using a double-boiler, a saucepan, or the microwave.
Whatever method you choose, heat the chocolate at a low temperature. Heating white chocolate at a high or even moderate temperature will scorch it. This will make the chocolate lumpy with its oils separating from it.
Also, be sure the chocolate doesn’t come in contact with water. Be careful when using the double-boiler. Remove the white chocolate from heat once it’s 50% melted. The residual heat will allow it to completely melt.
Stir it well with a metal spoon until it’s completely melted. Don’t use a wooden spoon for stirring, as wood absorbs water.
2. Brew the espresso.
For best results, use an espresso machine. If you don’t have one, use a moka pot. Or, just use instant espresso or make extra strong coffee.
3. Combine the espresso and the white chocolate.
This is when the magic happens. Pour both the prepared espresso and melted chocolate into a mug and stir it to combine.
4. Froth the milk.
First, heat the milk until it reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Use either the stovetop or the microwave for this step.
Using a hand-held frother or whisk, froth the milk until it doubles in volume. Be sure the milk is in a container big enough so it doesn’t spill.
5. Assemble the drink.
Spoon the froth on top of the espresso-white chocolate mixture. Add a dollop of whipped cream on top. Enjoy!
Tips for the Best White Chocolate Mocha
- You don’t need to buy expensive, premium-quality white chocolate. The only difference with cheaper brands is they’re glossier when melted. You don’t need that here since the chocolate will be mixed with the espresso, anyway.
- On a budget? Instead of melted white chocolate or white chocolate sauce, use sweetened condensed milk!
- To make homemade whipped cream, simply beat cold whipping cream with an electric mixer on medium-high until stiff peaks form, about 3-4 minutes.
- Doll up your morning coffee extra pretty with chocolate shavings or powder. Just sprinkle it on top of the whipped cream, and it will make your drink look significantly prettier.
More Starbucks Copycat Recipes You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?