Enjoy the best of fall with this copycat Starbucks pumpkin bread recipe!
It’s soft, sweet, lightly spiced, and chock full of fall flavors. So if you’re a pumpkin lover, it’s a must-try.
Starbucks knocked it out of the park with its pumpkin bread recipe.
It’s incredibly tender, super moist, and seasoned perfectly with pumpkin and spices.
But man, at $2-3 a slice, it’s not the most affordable… especially when you crave it every day!
So why not make it yourself? It’s easy, inexpensive, and tastes even better than the original.
Need I say more?
The Best Starbucks Pumpkin Bread
Is this copycat better than the original? Yes, I really think it is!
You can make an entire pumpkin spice loaf for the same cost as a slice in-store.
It’s just as pumpkin-y and fall-forward. And thanks to the oil, pumpkin, and brown sugar, every bite is melt-in-your-mouth soft.
And while the pumpkin seeds are optional, I highly recommend adding them. You’ll love the added crunch they offer, and they look terrific to boot.
This simple fall treat couldn’t be easier to whip up. And if you’re an avid baker, I bet you already have everything you need.
- All-Purpose Flour – the base of the batter that gives the bread structure.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda – this duo works together to ensure the bread is airy and fluffy.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice and Salt – for flavor and aroma.
- If you don’t have pie spice, use 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.
- Eggs – for richness, to bind the batter, and to help the bread rise.
- Pumpkin Puree – canned puree is the easiest option, but feel free to use homemade. Just be sure you use a can of pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- White and Brown Sugar – for sweetness. The white sugar also helps the crust to develop, while the brown sugar ensures the crumb is moist.
- Vanilla Extract – it brings sweet depth to the loaf.
- Pepitas – pumpkin seeds are on the bread you see at Starbucks. But you can leave them off if you like – or swap them with pecans.
How to Make Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Bread
Not only is this pumpkin bread quick and easy to make, but you don’t even need a mixer.
In fact, I do this by hand to get the best results.
That said, if you want to use a mixer (handheld or stand) just be sure it’s on low and don’t overmix the batter.
1. Preheat the oven and grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
2. Whisk the dry ingredients to distribute the spices and leavening agents.
3. Whisk the wet ingredients in a separate bowl until smooth.
4. Stir the dry into the wet until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the baking pan, then top with pumpkin seeds.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes, then leave to cool in the pan
7. Enjoy a slice of pumpkin loaf with a warm pumpkin latte. Yum!
How easy is that?
Pumpkin Bread Tips & Tricks
This delicious pumpkin loaf is basically foolproof. And with these simple tips and tricks, it’ll be perfect every single time:
- Mix it by hand. I said it before, but it really does make all the difference. Use a whisk for the wet ingredients, then simply stir gently with a spatula to make the batter.
- Add parchment to the loaf pan. If you grease it right, it shouldn’t stick. But this just makes things easier.
- Bake for 50 minutes, then check every 5 until done. Every oven is different, so I recommend checking it early, just in case.
- Don’t eat it right away. The smell alone will make this almost impossible. But it needs to cool for the flavors to develop.
- Add a tasty glaze. It’s not how they do it at Starbucks, but a simple sweet glaze or drizzle of caramel will make this incredible.
How to Store Starbucks Pumpkin Bread
I rarely have leftovers when I make this copycat recipe – unless I make double, that is!
But if you do have leftovers, or made it ahead, here’s how to store it the right way:
To store a whole loaf: Cool the loaf completely, then wrap it in parchment paper and plastic wrap. You can also pop it into an airtight container and store it at room temperature for up to five days.
To store slices: Place the slices in an airtight container with parchment layered between each. Keep at room temperature for up to five days.
To freeze: Cool the loaf completely, then wrap it in parchment paper and a layer of plastic wrap. Place the wrapped bread in a freezer-safe bag and store it for up to three months.
To thaw: Take the bread out of the freezer bag and leave it (still wrapped) on the counter overnight.
Starbucks Pumpkin Bread Recipe FAQs
How long does Starbucks pumpkin bread last?
At room temperature, pumpkin bread lasts for up to five days. In the fridge, it will be good for about a week.
Can I make this Starbucks pumpkin bread in small loaf pans?
Yes! Follow the instructions and then bake for about 30 minutes.
What else can you add to pumpkin bread?
This copycat Starbucks pumpkin bread recipe is pretty incredible as it.
But if you want, you could add chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried cranberries, or even a layer of sweetened cream cheese.
Another option is to top it with streusel! The crumbly contrast is to die for.
More Pumpkin Recipes You Have to Try
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?