This no-peek chicken and rice casserole only has 5 ingredients. It’s my go-to recipe when I’m looking for a super simple meal that I can whip up in less than 10 minutes.
From there, the oven does all the magic!
Best of all, the whole family loves my no-peek chicken. Even our picky eaters. It’s a one-pan recipe that is simple to make and even easier to clean up.
All you’ll need are Uncle Ben’s long grain wild rice, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can cream of celery soup, 1 1/2 cans of water, and 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
It’s as easy as it gets! It’s appropriately called no-peek chicken for good reason. You just fix it and forget it!
No-Peek Chicken and Rice Casserole
This no-fuss chicken dinner recipe is perfect on those busy weeknights when you’re in a hurry.
It’s a simple combo of condensed soups, long-grain rice, and tender chicken.
Combine the rice, soups, and water in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Mix well. Arrange the chicken on top.
Season with salt and pepper. Pop it in the oven and you’re good to go!
This creamy chicken and rice dinner is the perfect comfort food, without the guilt!
You can feed your entire family in record time. Plus, the leftovers are divine.
Why Is It Called No-Peek Chicken?
Once you put the aluminum foil over the casserole, there’s literally no peeking with this recipe!
Although tempting, it’s important that this meal bake in its own juices. The steam will cook the rice and chicken to perfection. It keeps the chicken juicy and tender.
Tips & Tricks
- In a hurry? You can also use chicken tenders. The smaller pieces of chicken will make for a shorter bake time. Cut the cooking time by 20 to 30 minutes if you decide to go this route.
- If you prefer, you can also use a can of cream of chicken soup instead of the cream of mushroom. Or simply double up on the cream of celery.
- Want to cut down on sodium? Go for reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup. I promise it will taste just as good!
- Feel free to use other types of rice in this recipe as well. You can even mix wild rice and white rice. Uncle Ben’s has many to choose from!
- If you’re using thin chicken breasts, you can cut the cooking time down to 1 hour.
- Cheese makes everything better, especially casserole. If you’d like to make this a cheesy casserole, take the aluminum foil off during the last 5 minutes. Add 1 to 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese on top. Then cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
How to Store Your Chicken and Rice Casserole
You can store this no-peek chicken rice casserole for 3-4 days in the fridge. Just be sure it’s in an air-tight container.
Or, it can also be frozen in an air-tight container for up to 3 months. You can freeze it in smaller portions for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
When you’re ready to your frozen no-peek chicken, just pull it out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight.
Then reheat it in the oven at 350 degrees F until the chicken is heated all the way through.
More Chicken Dishes You’ll Enjoy
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?