This No-Peek Chicken and Rice Casserole has just 5-ingredients. It’s my go-to recipe when I’m looking for a super simple meal that I can whip up in less than 10 minutes. From there, the oven does all the magic!
Best of all, the whole family loves this meal. Even our picky eaters. It’s a one-dish meal that is easy to make and even easier to clean up.
All you need is Uncle Ben’s long grain wild rice, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 can cream of celery soup, 1 1/2 cans of water, and 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Easy peasy!
No-Peek Chicken and Rice Casserole
This no-fuss chicken dinner is perfect on those busy weeknights when you’re in a hurry. It’s a simple combo of condensed soups, long-grain rice, and tender chicken.
Combine the rice, soups, and water in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Mix well. Arrange the chicken on top. Season with salt and pepper. Pop it in the oven and you’re good to go!
This creamy chicken and rice dinner is the perfect comfort food, without the guilt! You can feed your entire family in record time. Plus, the leftovers are divine.
But Why Is It Called No-Peek Chicken?
Once you put the aluminum foil over the casserole, there’s literally no peeking!
Although tempting, it’s important that this meal bake in it’s own juices. The steam will cook the rice and chicken to perfection. Keeping the chicken juicy and tender.
Tips & Tricks
- In a hurry? You can also use chicken tenders. The smaller pieces of chicken will make for a shorter bake time. Cut the cooking time by 20 to 30 minutes if you decide to go this route.
- If you prefer, you can also use a can of cream of chicken soup instead of the cream of mushroom. Or simply double up on the cream of celery.
- Want to cut down on sodium? Go for reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup. I promise, it will taste just as good!
- Feel free to use other types of rice as well. You can even mix wild rice and white rice. Uncle Ben’s has many to choose from!
- If you’re using thin chicken breasts, you can cut the cooking time down to 1 hour.
- Cheese makes everything better, especially casserole. If you’d like to make this a cheesy casserole, take the aluminum foil off during the last 5 minutes. Add 1 to 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese on top. Then cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Storing Your Casserole
You can store this No-Peek Chicken casserole for 3-4 days in the fridge. Just be sure it’s in an airtight container.
Or, it can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. You can freeze it in smaller portions for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
When you’re ready to eat, just pull it out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight. Then reheat it in the oven at 350 degrees F until the chicken is heated all the way through.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?