This recipe for Coca Cola chicken is moist, tender, and juicy! It’s coated in a thick, sweet, and tangy sauce that just can’t be beat.
Both flavor and consistency are absolutely spot on.
You will not believe how ridiculously delicious this chicken is! If you like Coke as a drink, this dish will make you fall in love with it even more.
Here’s the best part: Coca Cola chicken could not be easier to make!
Just dump all the ingredients in a baking dish, pop it in the oven, and boom, it’s done! Dinner is ready in under an hour.
Is your weeknight meal rotation getting a little too boring? This chicken will surely add excitement to your dinner table.
Coca Cola Chicken
Coca Cola chicken is a super easy dish that sure hits the spot. It’s very basic and is just chicken in a sweet and tangy marinade. But the flavors are to die for!
The secret is a simple combination of Coca Cola, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and a bit of salt and pepper. Together, they create the perfect balance of flavors.
Served on a bed of rice or salad, it makes a hearty and appetizing meal that no one can say no to.
It’s celebration-worthy, yet easy enough to make on any given day. If your weeknight dinners are getting too repetitive, Coca Cola chicken is the perfect solution.
- Chicken – The recipe calls for boneless and skinless breast halves, but you can use other cuts of chicken, as well. Wings, tenders, drumsticks/legs, – take your pick!
My personal choice is boneless chicken thighs because they have much more flavor than the breasts. They also stay moist and juicy even after baking.
- Coca Cola – Or any carbonated drink, for that matter. Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, and Root Beer make fantastic alternatives! Diet or Zero versions work, too, but your marinade will not be as sweet.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Coke is super sweet, so you will want to balance it out with something rich and salty. Worcestershire sauce does the trick!
- Ketchup – For a thicker sauce and a tangy, tomato-y flavor contrast.
- Salt and Pepper – To taste.
Tips & Tricks
- Want a crisper chicken with a super moist and juicy interior? Brown it first before baking it! All you’ll need is to pan-fry or grill it for 3 to 4 minutes on both sides. It’s added effort, but it’s worth it.
- The Coca Cola marinade is already super flavorful as it is, but you know what will make it taste even better? Herbs and spices!
- For an Asian twist, add ginger and scallions to the sauce. It gives the chicken a subtle spice and a heavenly aroma.
- To make your chicken spicy, add chili pepper or paprika. Coca Cola chicken is on the sweeter end, so these spices will balance it out nicely.
- Garlic, onion powder, and cumin add such intense yet balancing flavors, too.
- For a thicker sauce, cook the marinade with a mixture of ⅓ cup water and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Keep stirring until the sauce reaches your desired thickness.
- Be sure the chicken is cooked all the way through! The best way to tell if it’s done is by using a meat thermometer. According to the USDA, cooked chicken has an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Do not leave Coca Cola chicken at room temperature for over 2 hours. Otherwise, it will be exposed to salmonella and other harmful bacteria. Instead, store cooled chicken in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- You can also freeze chicken for a longer shelf-life. Place the pieces in Ziplock bags and freeze for up to 4 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in a skillet or the microwave.
What Goes Well With Homemade Coca Cola Chicken?
Coca Cola chicken is so yummy and easy, you’ll want to make it all the time. It’s a good thing it tastes great with a variety of side dishes!
As long as you pair it with different sides, you can serve it twice or even three times a week, and it will never get old!
If you want a hearty feast, pair the chicken with something starchy such as rice or mashed potatoes.
You also can’t go wrong with bread! It’s a wonderful tool for sopping up that drool-worthy sauce.
For a lighter meal, vegetables are your best bet. I’m talking grilled asparagus, green bean casserole, baked broccoli, cauliflower, and roasted Brussels sprouts.
Salad works, too! Mmm… get in my belly!
What Can I Do With Leftovers?
Coca Cola chicken is such a crowd-pleaser that it’s unlikely you’ll have any leftovers. But just in case you do, here are a few things you can do with it.
These leftover ideas are so good you might just want to have leftovers on purpose!
- Shred the chicken and use it as a taco filling. Just place it inside a taco shell and add your favorite Mexican toppings! This also works on burritos, quesadillas, and any Taco Tuesday treat.
- Want something light for lunch? Chop the chicken and top it on your salad. Its sweet and tangy flavor pairs amazing with any salad dressing. Yum!
- Need a quick grab-and-go breakfast? Place the chicken in between two pieces of your favorite bread and voila, breakfast is served.
More Chicken Recipes to Try
Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Chick-fil-A Chicken Tortilla Soup
Ritz Cracker Chicken
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?