This no-bake cherry cheesecake is foolproof!
If you can mix a few ingredients and wait patiently for it to set, you’ll have dessert ready in no time.
It’s like a cross between a rich and indulgent cheesecake and a cream cheese pie.
So while it’s plenty thick and dense, it’s also pretty light and silky-smooth.
Better yet, it’s got a secret ingredient that makes it incredibly rich and creamy: sweetened condensed milk.
It’s perfect for a summer BBQ or a long weekend at home.
Check out the recipe below for a seriously indulgent no-bake cheesecake that comes together in a flash!
Best Ever No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
If you don’t consider yourself a skilled baker or don’t have the time for a complex cheesecake, this cheesecake is worth checking out!
It features three simple components: a Graham Cracker crust, a creamy cheesecake layer, and a cherry pie filling topping.
You’ll use a pre-made pie crust and a can of cherry pie filling, so all you need to do is mix the cheesecake filling and pour it into the pie crust.
As mentioned, the addition of sweetened condensed milk makes this one stand out in a crowd of no-bake cheesecakes.
Make it the night before, set it in the fridge for five hours (overnight is best), and voila!
This perfectly creamy and indulgent cheesecake tastes like you spend all day in the kitchen. What more could you ask for?
So whether you’re headed to a summer bash or hosting friends for game night, this no-bake cherry cheesecake will surely be a crowd-pleaser.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Think of sweetened condensed milk as your secret weapon. It ensures an insanely smooth cheesecake with the most heavenly silky texture ever.
- Cream Cheese – What cheesecake is complete without cream cheese? Use full fat for the best results, and make sure it’s at room temperature before starting.
- Lemon Juice – Cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk are incredibly indulgent. So, you’ll add fresh lemon juice to lift those heavy flavors. Plus, it adds a subtle hint of citrus that goes well with sweet cherries.
- Vanilla Extract – The cream cheese layer is sweet and creamy, but adding a splash of vanilla extract takes it to the next level.
- Graham Cracker Crust – There’s no need to make a pie crust from scratch. Just grab one from the store – it all tastes the same!
- Cherry Pie Filling – Why make cherry pie filling when you can buy it in a can? And hey, feel free to use another flavor if you prefer.
How to Store No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
If you made this pie for a party, there won’t be any leftovers. Trust me.
But if you make extra or just happen to have a slice left, it’s super easy to store for later.
Place the cheesecake (or leftovers) in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
If you don’t want to fuss with a separate container, leave it in the baking dish and cover it with plastic wrap.
That said, the plastic will stick to the cherry topping. So a container is the better option – especially if you’re saving the whole cheesecake for later.
Can You Freeze No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake?
If you want to get ahead of the game, you can make this no-bake cherry cheesecake in advance and keep it in the freezer.
No-bake cherry cheesecake freezes well with the base/crust and the cheesecake filling. Make the filling per the instructions, pour it into the base, then cover and freeze for up to three months. Do not freeze with the fruit topping, as it may become watery when thawed.
Instead, just freeze the cheesecake base, then let it defrost overnight in the fridge.
Since you’re using cans of pie filling, you just need to add that right before serving.
To freeze the cheesecake properly (so it doesn’t get freezer burn), chill it until firm, then wrap it in plastic and foil.
Tips for the Best No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
It doesn’t get much easier than this no-bake cherry cheesecake – even for newbie bakers.
But if you want to take your cheesecake to new heights, check out the few tips below:
1. Always start with soft cream cheese.
I often forget this step, and there’s nothing more frustrating than trying to stir cold cream cheese.
Of course, you can speed up the process if you don’t have time to wait by cutting it into small cubes.
Lay them out in a single layer, and they’ll warm up in no time.
2. Don’t forget the whipped cream.
Store-bought whipped cream never disappoints, but homemade whipped cream is even better!
Begin with a cold bowl and start whipping on low. Add the sugar slowly and keep the speed medium-low until it’s thick.
Then, crank up the speed for the last couple of minutes, and it’ll be pillowy and stable for longer.
3. Get creative with toppings.
This recipe’s cheesecake filling is the perfect sweet and creamy base for pretty much everything.
So while cherries are super yummy, don’t be afraid to go nuts – literally!
- How about adding blueberry, apple, or strawberry pie filling?
- Or what about Nutella, peanut butter, and even marshmallow creme?
Seriously, there are no wrong answers when it comes to cheesecake toppings!
4. Chill the cheesecake before adding the pie filling.
Over time, the cherry pie filling will bleed into the cheesecake layer. So, to ensure your pie is picture-perfect, make sure the base is totally chilled and set.
Then, only add the cherries right before serving.
5. Set overnight for best results.
The cheesecake needs to set in the fridge for at least five hours.
But if you have the time, leave it overnight. Trust me, you’ll notice the difference!
More Cheesecake Recipes You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?