These crispy air fryer tater tots are irresistibly crunchy, super flavorful, and impossibly easy to make.
They’re not just a treat for the taste buds, either. The texture is insanely good.
I’m talking perfectly tender spuds in the middle and a golden brown, crispy exterior you’ll go nuts for.
Did I mention they’re easy to make and a healthy alternative to traditional deep-frying?
That’s right! This snack or potato side dish is kid-tested and parent-approved!
Ready to make a batch of air fryer tater tots? Great! They’ll be ready in just 10 minutes.
How to Make Air Fryer Tater Tots
Air fryer tater tots are insanely quick and easy. They’re so simple, even your kids can make them!
Here are the steps:
1. Arrange the tater tots in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
2. Air fry for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Flip halfway.
3. Repeat with the remaining tater tots.
4. Serve with dipping sauce if desired. Enjoy immediately.
I like them with this air fryer whole chicken with crispy skin. It’s such a tasty mix!
How Long to Air Fry Tater Tots
Air fryer tater tots go from frozen to hot and ready in about 8-10 minutes.
But keep in mind that every air fryer is different. So, the cooking times may vary depending on the brand you have and the size of the basket.
I recommend checking them at the halfway mark. That way, you don’t overcook them and can adjust the time accordingly.
Tips for Success
Perfecting air fryer tater tots may take some trial and error. Every air fry is a little different, after all.
So for the best tater tots, follow these tips:
- Make ‘em extra crispy. Preheat the air fryer for crispier tots and add a minute to the cooking time. Also, don’t forget the cooking spray. It helps them get super crunchy!
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. Adding too many tater tots to the basket will cause uneven cooking. And nobody likes a sad, soggy tot! So, air fry in single layers.
- Shake halfway. Shaking the basket halfway through cooking is crucial for even cooking. It also helps them develop that irresistible crunchy exterior.
- Serve immediately. Tater tots will lose their crunch the longer they sit. So this side is best enjoyed hot and fresh!
- Try seasonings. For a little extra flavor, season your tater tots. Try Old Bay, Lawry’s Seasoned Salt, Italian herbs, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, or onion powder.
Tater Tot Dipping Sauces
No tater tot is complete without a dipping sauce! It gives these crunchy, tender spuds a little flavor boost.
Try any of my favorites for an irresistible combination:
- Heinz Chili Sauce
- In N Out Sauce
- Southern Comeback Sauce
- Homemade Ketchup
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- Taco Bell Diablo Sauce
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
How to Store
Got leftover tater tots? Refrigerate them for later. They’re great for a quick savory snack or dinner side dish.
To Store: Place the leftover tater tots in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
To Reheat: Reheat in the air fryer at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until hot. Or reheat in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until hot.
Since this recipe uses frozen tater tots, I don’t recommend re-freezing them. The texture will be less than ideal.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Tater Tots
These tater tots are so scrumptious that I can turn them into a whole meal! They’re also a fantastic side dish for all kinds of foods.
Here’s my favorite way to serve these tater tots:
- Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Travis Scott Burger
- Quiche Muffins
- Air Fryer Sausage
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Bisquick Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Fish Sticks
More Air Fryer Recipes
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?