Weeknight dinners are about to get a delicious upgrade with this air fryer chicken breasts recipe!
With the magic of the air fryer, you can enjoy juicy chicken without the excess oil. It’s healthier, faster, and delicious. This recipe will be your go-to for a filling meal.
The magic lies in the delicate blend of spices and a touch of olive oil. It results in a crispy, golden exterior with a burst of juiciness and flavor.
So, what are you waiting for? Try this recipe today and make dinner a breeze!
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
I’ve had my share of chicken adventures, from pan-frying to baking and grilling. But the simplicity of this air fryer recipe gets me every time.
There’s more constant monitoring and no oil splatters to clean up. Set it, cook it, and head to chicken nirvana.
Trust me, this recipe will become your go-to weeknight dinner solution!
These simple ingredients turn chicken breasts into a flavorful sensation.
- Boneless chicken breasts – The star of the dish. This lean chicken cut offers a mild flavor as a canvas for the seasonings.
- Olive oil – It helps the seasonings adhere to the chicken and promotes even cooking.
- Seasoning mix – Garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper are the perfect spices. They enhance the natural flavors of the chicken with a savory, herby taste.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
This recipe couldn’t possibly be easier! Just follow these simple steps.
- Preheat the air fryer and prepare the chicken. Preheat the air fryer to 370°F. Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels and place them in a bowl.
- Season the chicken breast. Mix the olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Rub the chicken with this mixture.
- Cook the chicken in the air fryer. Place the chicken in the air fryer at 370°F for 9 minutes. Flip and cook it for another 9 minutes or until it reaches a 165°F internal temperature.
- Rest and serve. Remove the chicken from the air fryer and rest it for 5 minutes before slicing it. Pair it with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
How Long to Cook Chicken in the Air Fryer
Cooking chicken breast in an air fryer is a quick and convenient method. It usually takes less time compared to traditional methods.
Here’s a general guideline for cooking chicken breasts in an air fryer:
- Small Chicken Breasts (5 to 7 ounces): Approximately 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Medium Chicken Breasts (8 to 10 ounces): Approximately 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Large Chicken Breasts (11 ounces and above): Approximately 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Remember to always check for doneness using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach at least 165°F (74°C) at the thickest part of the chicken.
Tips for Success
Chicken breast is a lean cut notorious for drying out. So how do you ensure the perfect finish if it’s air-fried?
Here are some tried-and-true tips to make your air fryer chicken breast a rave-worthy dish.
- Be generous! Don’t skimp on the seasoning. Ensure every inch is well-coated for maximum flavor, and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Give it a good pounding. Pound the thicker parts of the breast gently with a mallet for even thickness. This extra step ensures that the chicken is evenly cooked.
- Give them space! Overlapping or crowding can cause unevenly cooked chicken. You want the hot air to circulate freely around each piece.
- Flip ’em halfway. Just because it’s an air fryer doesn’t mean you set it and forget it. For that ideal crisp on both sides, take a moment to flip your chicken breasts halfway through.
- Don’t play the guessing game. Invest in a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach at least 165°F (74°C) at the thickest part.
- Let it rest. Once it’s out of the fryer, let your chicken rest for a few minutes. This step allows the juices to be redistributed, ensuring each bite is juicy.
Adding a special touch to your meal with these hearty sides that’ll elevate your air fryer chicken breast:
- Baked Feta Pasta
- Pesto Pasta
- Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
- Mac and Cheese
- Detroit-Style Pizza
- Potato Salad
- Corn Salad
Storing, Freezing, and Reheating
So, you’ve made a delectable air fryer chicken breast, and you have leftovers. Great news!
Here’s how you can store, freeze, and reheat your chicken to keep it juicy and delicious.
Storing Air Fryer Chicken Breast:
- Allow the chicken breast to come to room temperature after cooking.
- Place the chicken breast in an air-tight container or resealable plastic bag. Ensure there’s minimal air in the bag or container, as this will reduce moisture build-up.
- Refrigerate the cooked chicken breast and consume it within 3 days for the best quality.
Freezing Air Fryer Chicken Breast:
- Before freezing, ensure the chicken breast has cooled to room temperature.
- Wrap each chicken breast individually in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. It protects the chicken from freezer burn and makes it easier to thaw separately later.
- After wrapping, place the chicken breasts in a resealable freezer bag or airtight container. Remove as much air as possible before sealing.
- Always label your freezer bags with the contents and date of freezing. Cooked chicken breast should ideally be consumed within 3 months when frozen.
- When you’re ready to eat the frozen chicken, it’s best to defrost it in the refrigerator overnight. Avoid defrosting at room temperature to ensure safety.
Reheating Air Fryer Chicken Breast:
The best way to recreate the original crispiness is to use the air fryer again.
Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (175°C). Heat the chicken breasts on each side for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
To prevent drying out, add a splash of water to the air fryer basket before reheating.
Note: Always avoid reheating more than once to maintain quality and safety.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?