Looking for a way to brighten up your weekly dinner menu?
Try Ina Garten’s lemon chicken breasts and watch as your family licks their plates clean!
This recipe is one of the easiest things you’ll ever make. It calls for just a few ingredients and only takes about 15 minutes to prep.
That makes it ideal for busy weeknights. Though it’s fancy enough for dinner parties too!
Make Ina Garten’s lemon chicken breasts once, and they’ll quickly become your new go-to for family dinners.
They’re light, bright, and even kid-approved!
Ina Garten’s Lemon Chicken Breasts Recipe
Between the perfectly seasoned and juicy meat to the heavenly sauce, Ina Garten’s lemon chicken breasts are beyond divine.
The bright, zesty flavor from the lemon is amped up by a whole slew of aromatic herbs.
Plus, the sauce is spiked with white wine for a complex flavor to balance the acidity.
Serve them with rice, pasta, veggies, or some crusty bread to mop the plate clean.
Either way, you’ll love it!
- Boneless chicken breasts – Boneless chicken breasts are the perfect choice for this baked chicken recipe. They’re easy to cook and absorb all the flavors you throw in the dish. Make sure to keep the skin on for a crisp, browned deliciousness.
- Olive oil – This ingredient is a must for the sauce and herbs. It has a buttery flavor with peppery undertones, which blend really well with the other elements. That said, you can use a more neutral oil if that’s all you have.
- Fresh herbs – The combination of oregano and thyme brings an aromatic contrast to the bright, lemony flavor. And feel free to add more herbs, like dill and rosemary, for a richer taste.
- Lemon – Lemon chicken isn’t complete without fresh lemons. For this dish, you’ll need lemon zest, juice, and wedges. So make sure to get fresh and don’t settle for bottled juice.
- White wine – White wine adds a lot of flavor to your dish. Just be sure it’s not too sweet or too dry. You want something that’ll complement the citrus, like sauvignon blanc.
- Garlic – To add more depth and complexity to your dish, garlic is much needed. It infuses the lemon sauce with a hint of nuttiness and spice for an added kick.
- Salt and pepper – No dish is complete without this kitchen combo. It helps brings out the flavors and makes every forkful pop.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- To ensure the chicken is perfectly cooked, insert a food thermometer into the thickest part. The temperature should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit (75°C) for chicken.
- Add the removed breast bones to the pot while it cooks. This step adds a meatier and richer flavor as it simmers with the sauce. Just don’t forget to remove it before serving!
- Remove lemon seeds to avoid a bitter aftertaste in this dish. It’s best to juice and then strain the lemons separately to prevent any seeds from sneaking into the pan.
- If you’re looking for an alternative to white wine, use chicken or vegetable broth. The broth adds a rich, meaty dimension without needing white wine. Add a dash of vinegar, too, to keep things balanced.
- Feel free to add more fresh herbs if you want a more complex flavor profile. I always include rosemary, but I know dill is a bit overpowering for some people. I also like a few pink peppercorns in the mix!
- Pound the chicken for soft and perfectly cooked meat. You also want it all the same thickness, so it cooks evenly.
What to Serve with Lemon Chicken Breasts?
Lemon chicken breasts are delicious, but they can be a bit plain on their own. So what should you serve with them?
I’ve got some ideas!
- Vegetable side dishes – Nothing beats a side of veggies if you want a hearty meal. Serve them fresh or roasted for added crunch and flavor!
- Pasta – If you want an extra filling meal, you can beat pasta. Whether you like fettuccine, penne, or spaghetti, this dish pairs beautifully with anything.
- Rice – A bowl of fluffy rice never fails to disappoint if you want a heartier meal. Of course, that includes quinoa, couscous, and cauliflower rice, too.
- Salad – For a lighter meal, a side salad is ideal.
More Chicken Dinners You’ll Love
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Hellmann’s Parmesan-Crusted Chicken
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?