Save some money and make this delicious Cheesecake Factory Louisiana Chicken Pasta at home.
Like my creamy Cajun chicken pasta, it’s rich, creamy, and just a little spicy.
It’s also shockingly easy to make at home!
Louisiana Chicken Pasta
Dining at the Cheesecake Factory can get a little bit expensive.
But for the same price, you can make multiple portions at home.
Better yet, you can enjoy this copycat Cheesecake Factory Louisiana chicken pasta over and over again.
This fantastic dish has two main components.
1. The parmesan-crusted chicken. It’s tender and juicy inside. But the crust on the outside is incredibly, deliciously crispy.
2. The pasta. It’s loaded with sauteed mushrooms and peppers. And it’s practically drowning in a creamy, spicy, Louisiana-style sauce.
This is not diet food. This is comfort food.
- Chicken Breasts- The breasts should be butterflied and pounded very thin. Other cuts of chicken won’t work well.
- Flour- For dredging your chicken. This helps your chicken get a great crust and stay nice and juicy.
- Cajun Seasoning- You need Cajun seasoning for both the chicken and the pasta. You can use a pre-made brand or make it yourself.
- Panko Breadcrumbs- For that extra crunchy crust.
- Parmesan Cheese- Again, use Parmesan twice, once for the chicken coating and once for the pasta sauce. It adds such a lovely deep flavor to both.
- Whole Milk- For the chicken and for the pasta sauce. Whole milk has the best flavor.
- Hot Sauce- For a delicious kick! It wouldn’t be Cajun without some heat.
- Oils– Use both vegetable oil and olive oil.
- The vegetable oil is for frying the chicken.
- You need olive oil for sauteing the veggies. Use it to saute aromatics for the sauce.
- Bell Peppers– I use both red and yellow for their lovely colors. They also have a slightly sweeter flavor than their green counterparts.
- Mushrooms– This recipe uses cremini mushrooms.
- Other Herbs, Seasonings, and Aromatics- You need green onions, parsley, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Hello, flavor!
- Heavy Cream- A cream sauce needs cream. It’s rich and delicious.
- Butter– A cream sauce also needs butter.
- Farfalle Pasta– Otherwise known as bowtie pasta. It’s chewy and delicious. The Cheesecake Factory uses farfalle.
- Pasta Water– Reserve some pasta water to finish the sauce.
How To Make Louisiana Chicken Pasta
Step One- Make the chicken. Butterfly and thin the chicken breasts. Prepare three large, shallow bowls. In the first bowl, mix the flour and Cajun seasoning.
In the second bowl, whisk together the milk and hot sauce. In the third, mix the panko and Parmesan.
Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, then the milk mixture, and then the panko mixture. Fry the chicken in vegetable oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
The chicken should be cooked through and golden brown. Keep it warm in the oven.
Step Two- In the same skillet you fried the chicken, saute the veggies until they’re tender. When they’re done, transfer them to a bowl and set them aside.
Step Three- Prepare the Pasta. Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add salt and your pasta and cook it al dente. Reserve some pasta water for the sauce.
Step Four- Make the Sauce. In the same skillet, saute the garlic and red pepper flakes. When they’re fragrant, pour in the cream.
Bring the cream to a boil and then lower the heat. When the cream has been reduced by half, add in the milk, butter, and Cajun seasoning. Whisk it to combine and remove from heat.
Step Five- Assemble. Add the pasta and veggies to the sauce and toss it to combine. Slowly add in the pasta water until you achieve your desired creaminess.
Remove the chicken from the oven and slice it. Serve the chicken over the pasta and garnish with parsley.
Step Six- Enjoy!
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Prep and measure out all your ingredients before you start cooking. This will make juggling all the steps so much easier.
- For crispier chicken, double-coat the breasts in the milk and panko mixtures.
- For lighter chicken, skip the breading. Grilled or sauteed chicken is just as scrumptious!
- If you’re spice sensitive, skip the hot sauce and red pepper flakes.
- Watch your cream sauce carefully. You don’t want it to burn or to separate.
- Make it vegetarian by skipping the chicken completely! Or, try breading a portobello!
How to Store and Reheat
Store any leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge. Store the pasta and chicken separately. It will last up to 4 days.
Reheat the pasta in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring halfway.
Reheat the chicken on a separate plate in the microwave until it’s heated through. You can also heat it in the oven. Wrap it in foil to keep it crispy.
More Tasty Chicken Dinners You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?