Simply put, Hippie Juice is gorgeous. And between the watermelon vodka, coconut rum, and pink lemonade, it tastes as good as it looks!
Sweet, vibrant, and easy to make, it’s the kind of fun cocktail you’d definitely see in Barbie Land.
I think it’s ideal for summer BBQs and pool parties. But it’s just as welcome in the winter when you need a colorful pick-me-up.
Hippie Juice Ingredients
Are you on the hunt for a sweet, fruity, pretty-in-pink drink that’s just strong enough to make you feel good?
Great! Because you just found it!
From the light pink color to the fruit floating in the glass, Hippie Juice reminds me of sangria. But looking at the ingredients, you’ll see it’s very different.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Watermelon Vodka: Absolut Watermelon is my top choice because the sugary-sweet taste reminds me of watermelon sour candies. But feel free to grab your favorite brand.
- Malibu Coconut Rum: Again, use whatever brand you like. But let’s be honest, Malibu is the go-to for coconut rum.
- Triple Sec: For a nice hint of orange citrus to the fruity mix. Any brand is fine.
- Pink Lemonade Mix: Go ahead and make your own pink lemonade if you like. But the pre-made stuff keeps the prep time short.
- Water: To dissolve the pink lemonade mix and round out the drink. If you use homemade pink lemonade, you’ll need to reduce or eliminate the water.
- Fruit: Strawberry and lemon slices and watermelon wedges make this Hippie Juice fun and colorful. But you can add anything you want! Just be sure to add fruit and berries that complement the flavor.
- Ice: Any ice is fine, but I suggest using pink lemonade ice cubes. They won’t water down your drink and will also add a decorative touch.
How to Make Hippie Juice
Hippie Juice is super simple to make. And you can make a big batch for parties without any extra work!
Follow these easy steps:
1. Combine the ingredients. Pour everything into a large pitcher. Stir until the lemonade mix dissolves.
2. Add the fruit. Only when you’re ready to serve.
3. Pour and serve. Make sure you have plenty of ice ready and extra fruit for garnishes.
Tips and Tricks
Keep these tips and tricks (and a few variations) in mind when making Hippie Juice:
- Make a lighter variation. Use Crystal Light instead of pink lemonade mix to reduce sugar and calories.
- Give it some bubbles. If you want to top the drink off with club soda or citrus soda, go for it! It gives it a bubbly, effervescent appearance.
- Want a tarter drink? Add some freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Leave out the alcohol. Looking for a delicious, fruity mocktail recipe? Substitute watermelon juice, coconut water, and orange juice for the vodka, rum, and triple sec, respectively. Keep everything else the same.
- Dial up the aesthetics. Serve Hippie Juice in a Mason jar with fun straws, umbrellas, sprigs of mint, etc. Dress it up however you like best.
Can You Make Hippie Juice Ahead of Time?
You can absolutely make Hippie Juice ahead of time – up to 12 hours beforehand, in fact!
Combine all the drink ingredients, but leave out the fruit and ice.
Add the fruit to the pitcher (or punchbowl) immediately before serving. Add ice to individual cups, then pour the drink into the ice-filled glasses.
How Strong Is This Drink?
Hippie Juice isn’t incredibly strong, only about 8% ABV. That puts it on par with or slightly stronger than most hard seltzers.
However, its sweet, fruity taste often entices people to come back for seconds, thirds, and more.
So, be sure to take it easy and not drink too much. When a drink tastes this good, it’s easy to overindulge.
More Pink Drinks You Have to Try
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?