These cheesecake brownies are so delicious, you might never make a regular batch of brownies again!
Can’t decide between cheesecake and brownies? Two desserts are better than one, so why not have them both?
This recipe combines the goodness of two of our beloved desserts and makes one heck of a treat!
Cheese and chocolate always make a wonderful pair.
So how can you say no to soft, fudgy, and chocolatey brownies topped with rich swirls of cream cheese filling?
This mash-up is so good, it’s impossible to stop at one.
It’s a good thing they’re incredibly easy to make!
All you’ll need are basic ingredients and a simple procedure to enjoy this scrumptious confection.
These brownies are seriously addictive, so you’d better double the recipe.
Are you ready for these delectable and drool-worthy brownies? Let the baking commence!
Ooey-gooey brownies at the bottom and creamy cheesecake at the top: this confection is two amazing desserts rolled into one.
It’s exactly what you need if you love both brownies and cheesecake all too much.
The origin of the cheesecake brownie remains a mystery, but whoever invented it deserves an award!
There is something truly magical about the combination of chocolate and cheese, and this dessert exhibits it really well.
The brownies are so rich and decadent, and the cream cheese contrasts them with its mild tangy flavor.
Together, they make one harmonious bite.
Don’t worry, just because it calls for two different components does not mean the recipe is complex.
It’s quite the opposite, actually! It only calls for 4 basic ingredients, and it could not be easier to make.
All you’ll need is to prepare the brownies according to package instructions and top them with a simple cream cheese mixture. The rest is up to the oven!
- Brownie Mix — The brownie component of the dessert. You can use your choice of brownie mix or your own recipe.
- Cream Cheese — The cheesecake component of the dessert. Use full-fat cream cheese for maximum flavor and texture.
- Egg — To bind and give structure to the cream cheese mixture.
- Sugar — To sweeten the cream cheese and make it taste exactly like cheesecake!
Tips for the Best Brownies
- Sift the dry ingredients to prevent lumps.
- If you’re using your own brownie recipe, use high-quality cocoa powder because it dictates the primary flavor of the brownies. Be sure to sift it as well.
- The quality of the cream cheese has a high impact on the flavor, so use one of excellent quality.
- Bring the cream cheese and egg to room temperature before use. This will help blend them easier for a smoother, lump-free mixture.
- Line the baking pan with foil for easier cleanup.
- Do not over-bake the brownies. You’ll want them to be moist and fudgy, not dry and rubbery. Check for doneness after 35 minutes of baking.
- To test, insert a toothpick into the center – there should still be a few crumbs sticking to it. If it comes out clean, you’ve over-baked it.
- Chill the brownies for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving. This will allow the cheesecake to set, which will make slicing so much easier.
- Use a warm plastic knife for clean slices. Wipe the knife clean and run it under hot water between each slice to avoid sticking.
- Store brownies in a sealed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Do not let them sit at room temperature for over 2 hours, or else they’ll go bad.
- If you want to store them for much longer, place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month. Let them thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Can I Use Boxed Brownie Mix?
Of course, you can! In fact, this recipe calls for your choice of brownie mix.
It’s what makes this dessert perfect for beginners or people in a rush to serve a dessert for dinner. Seriously, it’s impossible to mess up!
However, if you want to use your own brownie recipe, by all means, go ahead! This dessert will turn out amazing, either way.
What to Serve With Cheesecake Brownies
These cheesecake brownies are already fantastic on their own, so you’re fine to eat or serve them as is.
But just in case you want to make them even extra special, here are some ways to up your brownie game.
- Top them with whipped cream. Apart from the fancy look, the texture contrast also makes the brownies taste more heavenly.
- Top them with ice cream. Because you can never go wrong with a brownie a la mode! You can stick to classic vanilla, or be more creative with the flavor. Brownies with butter pecan ice cream is one of my absolute favorite combos!
- Make your brownies even more sinful with a sweet and salty caramel or a decadent chocolate syrup.
- Want a crunchy texture contrast? How about some crushed candy or roasted nuts? These components are both great with chocolate and cheese, so you can’t go wrong whichever ones you pick.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?