These cheesecake brownies are so delicious, you might never make regular brownies again!
I mean, how can you say no to soft, fudgy, and chocolatey brownies topped with rich swirls of sweetened cream cheese?
As a bonus, they’re so easy to make! With a few simple ingredients, you can indulge in these tempting treats in a flash.
This recipe only calls for four basic ingredients. It’s so easy, even a kid could whip it up!
- Brownie Mix: The brownie component of the dessert. You can use your choice of brownie mix or your own recipe.
- Cream Cheese: The cheesecake component of the dessert. Use full-fat cream cheese for maximum flavor and texture.
- Egg: To bind and give structure to the cream cheese mixture.
- Granulated Sugar: To sweeten the cream cheese and make it taste exactly like cheesecake!
How to Make Cheesecake Brownies
This recipe is quick, easy, and delicious! It’s made even simpler by using a boxed brownie mix instead of making them from scratch. Just follow these steps:
1. Preheat the oven. Refer to the temperature specified on the brownie mix package instructions. Line a 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper.
2. Prepare the brownie mix according to the package instructions. Pour the mixture into the greased pan and spread it evenly. Set it aside.
3. Combine the cream cheese, egg, and sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat the ingredients on medium speed until the mixture is smooth.
4. Pour the cream cheese over the brownie batter. Swirl the mixtures together with a toothpick, skewer, or knife.
5. Bake according to the brownie package instructions. To check for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies. If it comes out with a few crumbs sticking to it, it’s done baking.
How to Make Brownies From Scratch
If you want this recipe to be truly homemade, feel free to make the brownies from scratch.
Use this simple homemade brownie recipe, then follow the rest of the instructions.
They’ll take longer to prep, of course. And the baking time may vary, so be sure to check on them early.
Tips for the Best Brownies
These brownies are totally foolproof. But these tips and tricks will make them even more irresistible!
- Quality is key. Go for a decent brand of boxed brownie mix, like Ghirardelli. And if making them from scratch, be sure to use high-quality cocoa powder and/or chocolate.
- Use room temperature ingredients. Bring the cream cheese and egg to room temperature so they blend more easily.
- Make cleanup a breeze. Line the baking pan with parchment for easier cleanup.
- Watch them closely! Do not over-bake the brownies. Check for doneness after 35 minutes of baking. After that, check every 3-5 minutes.
- Patience is a virtue. Chill the brownies for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving. This allows the cheesecake to set, which is vital for the best results.
- Clean slices are a must. Use a warm plastic knife for clean slices. Wipe the knife clean and run it under hot water between each slice to avoid sticking.
Variations of Cheesecake Brownies
Cheesecake brownies are delicious enough on their own. But these variations add a fun and delicious twist!
- Add some fruity fun. For a little something extra, swirl some raspberry or strawberry jam into the cheesecake batter.
- Give them a kick. Throw a teaspoon of espresso powder into the brownie batter to amp up the chocolate flavor.
- Make it minty. Instead of using semi-sweet chocolate chips, try mint chocolate chips instead.
- Get nutty. Add in some crushed pecans, walnuts, or macadamia nuts for extra crunch and flavor.
- Add peanut butter for the ultimate combo. If you’re a fan of Reese’s cups, you won’t be able to resist adding peanut butter to the cheesecake layer!
What to Serve With Cream Cheese Brownies
These cheesecake brownies are already fantastic on their own, so you’re fine to eat or serve them as is.
But if you want to make them even more special, here are some ways to up your brownie game.
- Top them with whipped cream. Apart from the fancy look, the texture contrast also makes the brownies taste more heavenly.
- Go à la mode. Top them with ice cream! You can stick to classic vanilla, or be more creative with the flavor.
- Be a little sinful. Make your brownies even more sinful with sweet and salty caramel or decadent chocolate syrup.
- Dial up the crunch factor. Want a crunchy texture contrast? How about some crushed candy or roasted nuts?
How to Store
In the unlikely event you have leftover cheesecake brownies, follow these tips to store them.
To Store: Store them in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. They will be good for up to 4 days.
Do not let them sit at room temperature for over 2 hours, or they’ll go bad.
To Freeze: Place them in an air-tight container and freeze them for up to 1 month. Let them thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Note: frozen brownies and frozen cheesecake usually thaw just fine. But keep in mind the added moisture between layers in this recipe may affect the texture of the dessert after freezing.
More Brownie Recipes to Try
Here are a few more delicious brownie recipes you won’t be able to resist!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?