These little smokies are coated in brown sugar, wrapped in bacon, and more than just a little addictive!
This classic finger-food is perfect for game days, parties, and get-together’s. Best of all, they’re super easy to make with just 3 ingredients.
It’s my go-to appetizer when I need something super simple to feed a crowd. These little smokies take just a few minutes to prep and are ALWAYS a hit!
Picture it: brown, crisp, and fatty bacon enveloping a moist, juicy, and drool-worthy sausage. But it doesn’t end there! This irresistible duo is then glazed in a sweet and sticky brown sugar rub and baked to perfection.
I am not exaggerating when I say it is the holy grail of appetizers. Bring it your next potluck and I guarantee it will be the talk of the party!
How to Reheat Little Smokies
With this irresisitlbe finger-food, you’re not likely to have leftovers. But in case you do, here’s how to reheat it: place the little smokies on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
When properly stored, these bacon-wrapped smokies will last for to 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Keeping Warm For a Party or Get-Together
These will stay good and warm for a good 20 minutes. Around our house, they’re gobbled up by then.
But if you want to keep them warm for longer, you can also put your little smokies in the crockpot and set the temperature to warm. This will keep your appetizer warm and toasty for the entire party.
Tips & Tricks
- Your little smokies will taste even better if you make them ahead! Wrap the sausages in bacon a day prior, sprinkle generously with that sweet brown sugar, and refrigerate overnight. This will give the mini-sausages and bacon plenty of time to absorb all that sugary goodness.
- Instead of just sprinkling the brown sugar after wrapping the bacon, you can also coat the bacon in brown sugar before wrapping it as well. Yum!
- Instead of a baking sheet, you can also use a broiling pan with slits. This allows the fat and juices to drip away from the sausage, so you end up with a less greasy dish.
- But, if you’re using a baking sheet, it’s better to line it with two layers of aluminum foil. This way, the caramelized sugar will stick to the foil and not the baking sheet, saving you a lot of time and effort come cleaning time.
- Flip the little smokies over mid-baking so they cook better. Sprinkle a little extra brown sugar after you flip for more flavor.
- While these little smokies are already quite addicting just the way they are, you can take them to another level by serving it with dip. Here’s a delicious option: mayo with red chili sauce and brown sugar. Yum! Or, regular barbeque sauce works great as well.
- Don’t be tempted to wrap one whole strip of bacon onto the Little Smokie. The bacon will not cook all the way through – so you’ll get crisp on the outside but undercooked on the inside.
- Want to add some spice to this delectable dish? Sprinkle it with some cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes before baking!
- Be sure to serve these smokies with either a toothpick or a fork. While they are technically considered finger-food, they are very sticky!
- While you can use regular bacon for the recipe, you can also use flavored bacon for more… flavor! Maple or applewood smoked bacon make fantastic choices.
- Do you know what else tastes great with sugar-glazed bacon? Pineapple! Add a small chunk of pineapple at the tip of the skewer to give it a nice summer flair.
- Instead of using regular Little Smokies, you can also opt for its cheddar variant. This will give your appetizer a wonderful cheesy surprise. Little Smokies are available in most local supermarkets and delis.
- While brown sugar alone is enough to give this dish that irresistible flavor and texture, you can still kick things up a notch by adding butter! Because you can never go wrong with butter. Combine melted butter with brown sugar. Pour the glaze over the mini-sausages and bacon and then sprinkle it with even more brown sugar. Fantastic.
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Little Smokies
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
1 thought on “Little Smokies Wrapped in Bacon (Just 3 Ingredients!)”
Sounds and look delicious! My dish for today 2/2 SB