Pigs in a Blanket are fun, easy, and oh so delicious! In this recipe, we’ve added a little cheese inside our crescent roll. Top it off with some ketchup and you’ve got a fun, simple weeknight dinner.
The kids love making these! They’re perfect for just about any occasion. Birthday parties. Tailgating. Football games. Graduation parties. Family get-together’s. Picnics. Or just a simple dinner with the family.
Best of all, you can make these pigs in a blanket in no time!
It’s one of my go-to recipes when I want something fun and tasty but don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen.
8 hot dogs
4 slices American cheese
1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury® crescent dinner rolls
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook all 8 hot dogs in the microwave for 1 minute.
2. Cut a slit through the middle of each hot dog. Be careful NOT to cut all the way through. Leave 1/2 inch on ends. Insert a strip of cheese in each hot dog slit.
3. Separate dough into triangles. Wrap the dough around each hot dog. Place on ungreased cookie sheet with the cheese side up.
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Tips & Tricks
- Be sure to grab some ketchup and mustard for dipping. Also goes great with chili and baked beans.
- If you’re not a hot dog fan, you can also wrap these in little smokies, Vienna sausages, or breakfast sausages.
- Change it up with your favorite cheese! This recipe uses American cheese but you can also use Velveeta, Parmesan,
cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella, provolone, you name it.
- If you’re not a fan of cheese, you can also leave it out altogether. It’s delicious either way.
- They also make an excellent snack the next day. But if you’re like my family, we rarely see any leftovers with this meal.
- Kids and adults alike love making these little pigs in a blanket! If you’re looking for something fun for you and your kids to do together. This is always a winner. There’s just something special about eating something you made yourself.
- If you want to change things up, you can also wrap your hot dogs in a thin piece of bacon. Yummy.
Did you like the recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!