Pigs in a blanket are fun, easy, and oh so delicious! Especially when they’re full-size piggies!
In this recipe, we’ve added a little cheese inside our crescent roll. Top it off with some ketchup and you’ve got a fun, simple weeknight dinner.
The kids love making these!
And they’re perfect for just about any occasion. Birthday parties. Tailgating. Football games. Graduation parties. Family get-togethers. Picnics. Or just a simple dinner with the family.
Best of all, you can make these pigs in a blanket in no time!
It’s one of my go-to recipes when I want something fun and tasty but don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen.
The ingredients list for these full-sized piggies in blankets couldn’t be simpler. You’ll need only three things:
- Hot dogs. Pick whatever brand you like best. You can even go with vegan hot dog alternatives if you want!
- Cheese. I always stick to American because it’s typically what I have on hand. However, you can use whatever cheese slices you like best.
- Crescent rolls. Get the buttery kind for extra flavor.
How to Make Pigs in a Blanket
Follow these steps to make the perfect pigs in a blanket:
1. Preheat. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cook the hot dogs. Nuke them in the microwave for about a minute.
3. Add the cheese. Make a slit through the middle of each hot dog, leaving about 1/2 inch on each side.
Then, insert a strip of cheese into the slit.
4. Wrap the hot dogs. Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles. Wrap one triangle of dough around each hot dog.
Then, place the hot dogs on an ungreased baking sheet, cheese facing up.
5. Bake. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the crescent rolls are golden brown. Then, serve and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind:
- Make them mini. Make these in traditional appetizer size with little smokies or Vienna sausages. You’ll just need to use smaller pieces of dough and cheese.
- Vary the meats and cheeses. Try the recipe with breakfast sausages, cheddar, Gouda, mozzarella, and more.
- Leave off the cheese. If you aren’t a cheese person, that’s okay. Make traditional pigs in a blanket instead.
- Add bacon. Are you a big meat lover? Wrap the hot dogs in bacon before wrapping them in the crescent rolls.
What to Serve with Them
Wondering what to serve with pigs in a blanket? Check out the link for a ton of ideas. Or try some of these favorites:
- Dipping sauces. Stick to traditional ketchup or mustard. Or use something with a little more flavor. Dijon mustard and BBQ sauce are two great options.
- Other appetizers. Serve them with an array of other appetizers. Try mac and cheese, deviled eggs, or a cheese plate.
- Breakfast foods. Make these with sausage for a fun breakfast treat. Serve them alongside pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, etc.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?