If you’ve never had whipped cottage cheese, you might be surprised by how much you like it.
Though the taste doesn’t change much, whipping cottage cheese completely transforms its texture. It becomes so light and airy.
You can enjoy whipped cottage cheese in many different ways. It tastes great on its own, but you can also use it as a dip, a spreadable topping, or a side dish.
Like its non-whipped counterpart, the flavor is pretty mild. It’s the perfect choice for a wide variety of culinary adventures!
How to Make Whipped Cottage Cheese
There are only a couple of steps to whipping up this cottage cheese:
1. Process the cottage cheese until smooth. Transfer the cottage cheese to a blender or food processor.
Then, process the cottage cheese for about a minute or until it’s reached a smooth consistency. Be sure to scrape the sides of your equipment about halfway through.
2. Add the honey. After placing the cottage cheese in the blender, add the honey. Then, process the mixture until smooth. Again, it shouldn’t take much longer than a minute.
Finally, serve and enjoy!
Tips for Success
It’s hard to mess up this recipe. Still, here are some tips you can use to make it even simpler:
- Let it chill. Sometimes, food in a blender can get hot when you process it. If that happens to your cottage cheese, pop it in the fridge. After 20 to 30 minutes, it should be nice and cool.
- Be picky with your cottage cheese. I don’t just mean the brand, either! The recipe calls for low-fat cottage cheese. However, you can use full-fat if you prefer.
- Bust out the high-powered equipment. Breaking through the curds in cottage cheese is tougher than you might think. Use a high-powered blender or food processor for the best results.
- Go bigger with batches. Whipped cottage cheese will last for quite some time if stored properly. It should last until the date printed on the original container. So, make large batches if you plan to consume a lot of it.
Want to adjust the flavor of your whipped cottage cheese? Try one of these variations:
- Sweeten it up. Honey isn’t the only ingredient you can add to make whipped cottage cheese sweeter. Try chocolate chips, maple syrup, caramel sauce, or your favorite jam.
- Try a savory twist. Not feeling sweet cottage cheese? Add savory ingredients like herbs, dill pickle juice, cayenne, or ranch seasoning.
- Have fun with add-ins. Anything small and flavorful will work. Bacon bits, chopped chives, broken bits of pretzels, etc., will all add flavor and texture.
- Give it some fruity flair. Try adding crushed pineapples, banana slices, or your other favorite fruits.
You can serve whipped cottage cheese with practically anything. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Serve it as a dip with pretzels, pretzel bites, bagel bites, fruits, and veggies.
- Spread it on bagels, toast, sandwiches, or other bread products.
- Use it in a parfait.
- Enjoy it alongside breakfast items like pancakes, waffles, sausage, or bacon.
- Serve the savory (non-honey) version with roasted veggies or light salads.
- Garnish with herbs, berries, seasonings, or fruits, and enjoy it as a stand-alone snack.
- Blend it into your morning smoothie or power shake.
There’s really no “wrong” way to enjoy your whipped cottage cheese. However, leave out the honey if you prefer a more savory recipe.
How to Store
Store whipped cottage cheese in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Without add-ins, it should keep until the sell-by date on the original container. If you add honey or other ingredients, discard it after 3 to 4 days.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?