Cottage cheese lasagna is the ultimate cheesy, delicious, and easy-to-make weeknight dinner.
It’s perfect for those who love comfort food but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
When it comes to taste, this lasagna does not disappoint.
The cottage cheese adds a creamy texture that pairs perfectly with the melted mozzarella cheese and flavorful sauce.
Plus, it’s a hit with just about everyone. Even picky eaters will love it.
Serve it up with a piece of crispy garlic bread and a fresh green salad for the perfect meal. Delish!
Lasagna with Cottage Cheese
Cottage cheese lasagna is packed with cheesy, comforting goodness.
One of the best things about this recipe is how simple it is to put together.
All you need is some lasagna noodles, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, and spaghetti sauce.
The cottage cheese adds a creamy, tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with the rich spaghetti sauce and melty mozzarella cheese.
Not only is this dish delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make.
You can assemble it in just a few minutes, and then pop it in the oven to bake.
It’s the perfect dish to make on a busy weeknight or to take to a potluck or family gathering.
Another great thing about cottage cheese lasagna is that it can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer for later.
This makes it an excellent option for meal prepping and having a delicious, homemade meal on hand whenever you need it.
So why not give cottage cheese lasagna a try?
It’s a delicious and easy-to-make twist on a classic dish that will delight your tastebuds.
And it’s sure to impress your friends and family.
Plus, you’ll be able to enjoy a delicious, homemade meal in no time.
Here’s what you need to make cottage cheese lasagna:
Ground beef: Lean ground beef is a great option as it’s pretty healthy and nutritious.
But you can also try using ground turkey or chicken.
They’re leaner options that still provide a good source of protein.
Or, if you’re looking for a richer flavor, you could use Italian sausage.
It’s great if you want to give the lasagna a nice bold taste.
Spaghetti sauce: You can either make your own marinara sauce or use a store-bought one.
The important thing is to choose a marinara sauce that you enjoy the taste of.
Cheese: These ingredients together provide a creamy texture to the lasagna and add a rich flavor.
Cottage cheese is a great, healthier alternative to traditional ricotta.
Mozzarella cheese provides a gooey texture, and Parmesan cheese adds a nutty flavor.
For the best flavor and texture, opt for full-fat cottage cheese.
The higher fat content will give the dish a richer, creamier texture and taste of your dish.
Eggs: Eggs help to bind the cheese mixture together, and help the lasagna keep its shape when sliced. They also boost the dish’s creaminess.
Seasoning: Use dried parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
Lasagna noodles: Lasagna noodles are the backbone of any lasagna, including cottage cheese lasagna. They give the dish its structure and also add a nice al dente texture.
They create layers between the cheese, meat, and sauce, which allows the flavors to meld together and create a harmonious dish.
Water: This helps the lasagna cook evenly and also gives a nice sauce to the dish.
It helps to keep the lasagna from drying out. It also ensures that the flavors are well distributed throughout the dish.
How to Make Cottage Cheese Lasagna
Follow these simple steps to create a delicious and creamy cottage cheese lasagna:
- Let’s start by browning the meat and adding the sauce. In a skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until it is browned and crumbly, taking about 8-10 minutes.
Drain off any excess grease and stir in spaghetti sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Next, let’s mix up the cheese. In a separate bowl, combine cottage cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, eggs, 1/2 of the grated Parmesan cheese, dried parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Time to assemble. Spread 3/4 cup of the sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Place 3 uncooked lasagna noodles on top of the sauce.
Then, spread 1 3/4 cups of the cheese mixture and 1/4 cup of sauce on top of the noodles.
Repeat these layers one more time. Finish by placing the remaining 3 noodles on top.
Then, spread the remaining sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese on top of the noodles.
Pour 1/2 cup of water around the edges of the dish. Cover it tightly with aluminum foil.
- Last but not least, let’s bake! Bake it for 45 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, remove the foil and bake it for an additional 10 minutes.
Let the lasagna stand for 10 minutes before serving, and dig in!
Tips and Tricks for the Best Cottage Cheese Lasagna
If you want to make the best lasagna possible, follow these tips and tricks:
- Use full-fat cottage cheese for the best texture and flavor. Low-fat cottage cheese can be watery and won’t give the same rich and creamy taste.
- Mix in some ricotta cheese for a creamier consistency. Ricotta cheese is great, as it adds a creamy texture and helps bind the ingredients together.
- Add some herbs and spices, such as oregano and garlic, to give the cottage cheese a boost of flavor.
- Use a good quality marinara sauce to add some depth of flavor to the dish. A homemade marinara sauce will give the lasagna a more complex and rich taste.
- Use a mix of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top for a deliciously cheesy crust. The combo of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese will give the lasagna a nice gooey texture and a delicious cheesy flavor.
- To keep the cheese from adhering to the foil while baking, coat the foil with cooking spray or a light layer of olive oil before putting the lasagna in the oven.
- Let the lasagna rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving. This will allow the cheese to set and make it easier to slice.
- Use fresh lasagna noodles. Fresh pasta will cook faster and more evenly than dried pasta, and also will have a nice texture.
- Add some veggies to the mix. Vegetables such as spinach, mushrooms, or bell peppers can add some nice color and flavor to the dish.
- Be careful not to overcook the lasagna. Overcooking can cause the cheese to become rubbery and the noodles to become mushy.
- Experiment with different types of cottage cheese. There are lots of different types, such as small curd, large curd, and whipped cottage cheese.
- Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together and make it easier to slice.
- Try different cheeses to top the lasagna.Try gouda, blue cheese, or provolone.
- Use a meatless version of the marinara sauce if you want to make it a vegetarian dish.
- If you want to make it a low-carb version, use zucchini or eggplant slices as a pasta replacement.
- To store it, cover the lasagna with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate it for up to 3 days.
- To freeze it, cover the lasagna with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and freeze it for up to 3 months.
- To reheat it, let the lasagna thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then bake it in a 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes. The cheese should be melted and the lasagna heated through.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?