Quiche is a traditional French tart that is creamy and oh so fluffy. This savory pie is loaded with ham, cheese, and egg. It’s perfect for breakfast with a warm cup of coffee. But can also be served for brunch or even dinner.
And while quiche is incredible all by itself, it always taste so much better when paired with a few complimentary side dishes. Serve this delightful dish with some hot cocoa, fresh fruit, a classic tomato soup, or some toast topped with honey.
Here are some of my favorite side dishes that go well with quiche. Try a few pairings and let me know what you think! Or better yet, comment below and share your favorite breakfast combo 🙂
Quiche is a hearty pie, so you’ll want something light to pair it with. When it comes to light sides, you can never go wrong with a simple salad. It’s nutritious, delicious, and easy to whip up!
Here are a few flavor combos that work well together.
- A simple mixed salad with red onions and tomatoes in a balsamic vinaigrette goes well with any quiche. It’s a light and refreshing side with subtle flavors that won’t overpower the star of your meal.
- If you’re serving an extra rich and hearty quiche, say, one with lots of cheese and bacon, whip up a salad topped with nuts and dried berries. These flavors and textures complement one another beautifully.
- Now, if your quiche is all veggie, such as a tomato and basil quiche, add some protein to your salad. Some nice savory prosciutto or crisp bacon are both fantastic options.
- If you want a sweet and tangy salad to contrast the savory flavors of the quiche, pair it with a simple and refreshing bowl of fruit salad. Drizzle your choice of fruits or berries with a beautiful balsamic glaze to elevate their flavor. What I love about this option is that it tastes great with any quiche.
Bread, in one form or another, is a traditional breakfast item wherever you are in the world. It’s usually the primary source of carbohydrates in many diets, making it the ultimate breakfast staple. But, it can also work as a side dish.
Just spread some creamy butter on your favorite bread – may it be French or focaccia, white or wheat – and devour it along with your quiche for an exceptional and hearty breakfast.
Soup makes for a fantastic side for quiche. But, you must be careful. Rich and thick soups are so flavorful they may overpower your quiche. As such, you’ll want a soup with a thin stock and a subtle flavor.
- Tomato soup is a wonderful choice for any quiche. It is light and refreshing, which gives a nice contrast to the heavy pie.
- Chicken soup is perfect if you’re serving a veggie quiche. The chicken in the soup makes up for the lack of protein or meat in the quiche.
- Another good option is vegetable bisque. Zucchini and butternut squash both make for a good soup base. Top it with sour cream, bacon, and chives to complete the dish.
- Cold soup such as gazpacho also work well with quiche! The contrast of hot and cold makes for a beautiful harmony of temperatures.
Now, if you prefer balancing out the decadence of quiche with something light and nutritious, roasted veggies are the way to go.
Whether it’s asparagus, carrots, potatoes, or bell peppers, it will taste a lot better if you roast it in the oven. Roasting enhances the flavors of veggies, making them even more delicious.
Aside from roasting veggies, baking also brings out the best in veggies. For instance, some good old fashioned baked potatoes topped with sour cream and scallions will never disappoint.
Baked sweet potato fries tossed in olive oil, pepper, and rosemary with a chipotle aioli dip also makes for a tasty combo.
This decadent dish is already filling on its own, so it doesn’t need much to complete the meal. Sometimes, a simple beverage will do. Here are some delightful drinks that bring out the best in quiche.
- Coffee. What better beverage is there to give you that much-needed energy rush in the morning than coffee? Pair your scrumptious quiche with a hot cup of joe and you’ll be ready for what the day has in store for you.
- Hot Chocolate. If you’re serving breakfast for kids, a cup of hot cocoa with mini-marshmallows is the way to go. The sweetness of the chocolate balances the savory richness of the quiche which makes the two a wonderful pair.
- Iced Tea. Iced tea is the perfect lunchtime beverage! This fruity thirst-quencher is so refreshing – a great contrast to such a rich and decadent dish. When picking your tea, choose fruit flavors such as berries, mango, or passion fruit. These flavors go well with quiche.
- Juice. Citrus flavors go well with quiche because the tanginess balances out the richness of the pie. Fruit juices such as tomato, orange, or lemon are all fantastic options. Also, smoothies such as banana, mango, and pineapple also make an excellent combo.
Want to serve your quiche with a splash of alcohol? Bellinis, mimosas, and champagne with fruit all make for wonderful companions.
If you can’t have alcohol, a nice sparkling drink or a sweet Shirley Temple also tastes great with quiche! The key is to pick drinks with fruity and citrus flavors.
Did you like the recipe?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!