It only takes one bite to understand why this dessert is called Millionaire Pie. It’s so rich, it tastes like a million bucks!
With sweetened condensed milk, pineapple, whipped cream, and lemon, this pie is perfectly sweet.
Best of all, there’s no baking required. It’s perfect for non-bakers whose kids are craving dessert.
But don’t be fooled. Just because it’s easy does not mean it’s mediocre. This pie will blow your taste buds away!
Without further ado, let me introduce you to this fantastic millionaire pie.
No-Bake Millionaire Pie
Millionaire pie is a light and refreshing dessert loaded with flavor.
The cream cheese, pineapple, pecans, and whipped topping complement each other beautifully. It’s an insanely addictive summer treat.
The earliest recipe goes way back to the 1940s! And because it’s crazy delicious, it stuck around.
The OG recipe contains coconut, pineapple, pecans, and pineapple, but several variations have been formulated through the years.
I’m sure they’re all fantastic, but this recipe is my favorite.
Apart from the amazing flavor and texture combination, I also love how it’s so easy to make.
And you’ll use a pre-made crust, so it only takes about 5 minutes of hands-on prep. The rest is up to the fridge.
It’s quite literally as easy as pie!
Here’s everything you need to make this pie in a jiffy. Don’t worry, I’ll get into more precise measurements later on.
- Cream cheese. For that ultra-creamy texture. It counterbalances the sweetness from the condensed milk, too!
- Sweetened condensed milk. To sweeten the pie. Since this is a no-bake recipe, using granulated sugar will make the filling grainy. It’s the secret ingredient that makes it so indulgent.
- Lemon juice. Do not skip this ingredient! The condensed milk is super sweet, and the acidity contrasts with the flavor.
- Whipped topping. Homemade whipped topping is great, but not in this pie. So, for once, I highly recommend frozen whipped cream (Cool Whip) for the filling. It’ll help the pie set properly in the fridge.
- Crushed pineapple. Adds a bright, tropical flavor to the pie, and a hint of sweetness. Drain it well! You won’t want any juice in the pie filling, or it won’t set properly.
- Chopped pecans. The crunchy element provides a texture contrast to the smooth and silky cream cheese filling. They’re nutty, buttery, and delicious.
- Graham cracker crust. Nothing beats a homemade crust, but nothing’s wrong with pre-made, either! Choose whichever one you prefer.
Tips for the Best Pie
While this pie is easy peasy, there are a few things to keep in mind. Follow these quick tips so your pie is ready for your next summer BBQ!
- Patience is a virtue. This pie should not be rushed. Give it at least 3 to 4 hours in the fridge to set. Otherwise, you’ll get a runny filling that will flow out of the crust once you slice into it. If you’re serving this at a party, be sure to make it in advance!
- Be gentle. Use a spatula instead of an electric mixer to stir it in the whipped cream. Gently sweep the spatula around the side of the bowl, then along the base, in a rotating motion. You’ve probably seen the phrase “folding in” in some recipes; that’s what it means! 🙂
- Make it pretty. For a prettier pie, garnish it with whipped cream, chopped pecans, toasted coconut, and maraschino cherries. Apart from the look, these ingredients also add texture to the pie.
- Use room temperature ingredients. Allow the cream cheese to soften to room temperature for at least 30 minutes. This step ensures everything blends nicely and evenly.
- Opt for a store-bought crust. You can make a graham crack crust at home, or buy one! It will save you time, and no one will notice the difference.
This millionaire pie is absolutely stunning as it is. But there are several ways to switch it up for more fun and flavor. Here are some ideas:
- Hawaiian pie. Add maraschino cherries to the pie filling for a more Hawaiian flavor. Not only does it improve the flavor and texture of the pie, but it also adds more color. You can also add the juice to the filling for more cherry goodness.
- Make it tropical. This pie calls for pineapple, which gives it a sweet and tangy flavor. You know what pairs wonderfully with pineapple? Coconut. Add toasted coconut on top, and use coconut cream in the filling.
- Citrus burst pie. For a citrus and zesty twist, add a can of drained mandarin oranges to the pie filling. It will make your pie even brighter, lighter, and more refreshing.
- Almond Joy twist. Include chopped almonds or almond extract in the filling. Then, top the pie with chocolate shavings and additional coconut for an almond joy-inspired dessert.
- Chocolate indulgence. Want something more chocolatey? Mix in chocolate chips, cocoa powder, or chocolate shavings into the filling for a chocolatey twist. And don’t forget a drizzle of chocolate syrup on top!
- Ambrosia millionaire pie. Turn your millionaire pie into an ambrosia pie by simply adding mini marshmallows. What a fun dessert mash-up!
Can This Be Turned Into Cupcakes?
Absolutely! You will need to make your own pie crust, though, but the extra effort is worth it.
To make pie cupcakes, just place the homemade crust mixture into muffin tins and pour over the filling.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?