This creamy no-bake peanut butter pie is made with cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, milk, whipped topping, and a Graham Cracker crust.
How amazing does that sound?
Peanut butter fans delight!
This dreamy peanut butter pie recipe is super simple and calls for just six ingredients.
Better yet, you can whip it up in just 20 minutes and then freeze until firm.
You won’t need much for this yummy pie — just six ingredients!
- Peanut Butter. I personally recommend using Jif or Skippy for the best texture. Avoid natural peanut butter where the oil separates.
- Cream Cheese. This helps the pie hold its shape. But don’t worry! You really can’t taste it. Every bite is filled with creamy, peanut butter goodness.
- Whipped Topping. The whipped cream is what gives this pie a light and fluffy texture. You can also use homemade whipped cream if you don’t like Cool Whip.
- Powdered Sugar. Also known as confectioners’ sugar. This is the “secret” ingredient that makes this pie so rich and decadent.
- Milk. You can also use skim milk to cut down on calories.
- Graham Cracker Crust. For the sake of convenience, I almost always use a pre-prepared crust. It’s one of the things that makes this recipe so simple. You can use a pre-made Oreo, Chocolate or Shortbread pie crust.
If you’re looking for a healthier version, use Splenda instead of granulated sugar.
You can also try a low-sugar graham cracker crust, low-sugar peanut butter, and sugar-free chocolate sauce.
Your friends will never know the difference!
Additionally, you can also use reduced-fat peanut butter, light Cool Whip, low-fat cream cheese, and skim milk. It just won’t be as rich and creamy.
How to Make Peanut Butter Pie
Making this pie couldn’t be simpler!
1. Make the filling. Combine the cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar; beat well. Then, mix in the peanut butter and milk. Beat until smooth.
Finally, gently mix in the whipped topping.
2. Assemble and freeze. Spoon the filling into the pie shell. Then, cover and freeze for about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
3. Serve and enjoy! Remove the pie from the freezer and let it soften for 10 minutes. Then, slice, serve, and enjoy!
Tips For the Perfect Peanut Butter Pie
- Make a quick Nutter Butter crust. Crush 24 pieces of Nutter Butter cookies and mix with butter. This is one of my favorite flavor variations 🙂
- Try it with a vanilla wafer crust. Combine crushed vanilla wafers and butter. Simple yet flavorful.
- Make it extra decadent. Sprinkle the pie with chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and a drizzle of salted caramel.
- Make it a “dirt” peanut butter pie. Use an Oreo crust and top it with Oreo cookie crumbs.
- Mix the filling with an electric mixer. This ensures a smooth, creamy filling that melts in your mouth.
- Use softened cream cheese. It’s easier to combine with sugar, so remove it from the fridge at least 20 to 30 minutes early.
How Long is Peanut Butter Pie Good For?
This no bake pie will easily last up to three days in the refrigerator.
You can serve the pie frozen or refrigerated, depending on which texture you like best.
Can Peanut Butter Pie Be Frozen?
Can you freeze peanut butter pie? Yes!
This pie can be frozen for up to 3 months. In fact, I love eating it straight out of the freezer.
But you can also let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Peanut Butter Pie Toppings
Try one (or more!) of these toppings for your peanut butter pie:
- Chopped Peanut Butter Cups
- Oreo Cookie Crumbs
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Chocolate Curls
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Melted Peanut Butter
- Fudge Sauce
- Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Sauce
- Caramel Sauce
Any other favorite toppings? Add them in the comments below!
Looking For More No-Bake Recipes?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?