Million-dollar spaghetti might not literally be worth a million dollars, but it’s definitely worth its weight in gold!
This comforting and satisfying pasta dish is made with ground beef, spaghetti noodles, and a rich and flavorful tomato sauce.
But what really sets it apart is the cream cheese and sour cream layer. It gives this dish such an irresistible creaminess.
So if you want to impress dinner guests, this is the recipe to make!
That said, million-dollar spaghetti is so simple, you can easily make it for a weeknight dinner.
So grab a fork, and let’s dive into this delicious dish!
Million-dollar spaghetti is a mouth-watering pasta casserole that perfectly blends the best of lasagna and spaghetti.
The key ingredient in this recipe is cream cheese, it adds a rich and delicious flavor.
And when combined with ricotta, gives the perfect amount of creaminess.
Topped with a meaty sauce and plenty of melted cheese, this casserole is a crowd-pleaser that truly lives up to its name.
And it’s sure to be a hit with all cheese lovers.
The casserole layers velvety ricotta and cream cheese with cooked spaghetti and a simmered meat sauce.
The flavor of million-dollar baked spaghetti is pretty similar to lasagna.
But it has a whole lot faster assembly and bake time.
Now, with this recipe on hand, you can make your family feel like a million bucks any night of the week. Check it out!
Spaghetti: The base of this dish. But don’t be afraid to mix it up and use a different type of pasta if you’re feeling adventurous.
Ground beef: The main source of protein and adds a meaty flavor to the dish. You could also use ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef.
Or if you prefer a vegetarian recipe, you can simply omit the meat altogether.
Flavor enhancers: Salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and green onion, all work together to bring out the flavors and make the dish irresistible.
Spaghetti sauce: The base of the sauce that brings all the flavors together. For convenience, a store-bought sauce is great, but you can make your own sauce if you prefer.
Cream cheese: To add creaminess and richness to the dish.
Sour cream: Adds a nice tang and extra creaminess
Ricotta cheese: To make the sauce extra creamy and delicious.
Shredded cheese: A combo of two types of cheese, cheddar, and Monterey jack. The pairing of these two kinds of cheese provides a great balance of flavor and texture.
How to Make Million-Dollar Spaghetti
Are you ready to make some million-dollar spaghetti? Let’s get started!
- Cook the noodles. Boil a pot of water and add in your spaghetti. Cook it according to the package instructions, until it’s al dente. Drain the spaghetti and set it aside.
- Make the sauce. Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add in your ground beef, diced onion, and minced garlic.
Cook it for about 6-8 minutes, or until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is translucent.
Drain any excess grease, then stir in your spaghetti sauce, salt, and pepper.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Make the cheese layer. In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, ricotta, and sour cream. Fold in sliced green onions, reserving some for garnish.
- Assemble the dish. Spread your cooked spaghetti evenly in the bottom of your 11×7 inch baking dish that you’ve lightly sprayed.
Then, spread the ricotta mixture evenly on top of the spaghetti.
Pour the beef mixture over the cheese layer, and sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Cover the dish with foil and bake it for 25 minutes in a preheated oven of 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown.
Finally, sprinkle the reserved green onions on top and serve the dish while hot. Enjoy!
Take your spaghetti game to the next level with these delicious recipe variations:
- Add different types of meat such as ground turkey, sausage, or even shrimp to the sauce for a new flavor twist.
- Make it a vegetarian dish by using vegetable crumbles or mushrooms instead of meat.
- Add different vegetables to the sauce like bell peppers, zucchini, or spinach for added nutrition and flavor.
- Experiment with different types of cheeses like mozzarella, provolone, or even blue cheese for a unique taste.
- Add herbs and spices to the sauce for extra depth of flavor, such as oregano, basil, or red pepper flakes.
- Use a different type of pasta such as penne, rigatoni, or even gnocchi for a change in texture.
- Add a layer of crushed crackers or breadcrumbs on top for added crunch.
- Make it gluten-free by using gluten-free spaghetti noodles and gluten-free crackers or breadcrumbs.
- Experiment with different types of cream cheese, such as herb cream cheese or smoked cream cheese for a new twist.
- Make it a spicy version by adding hot sauce or chili flakes to the sauce.
Make Ahead, Storage, and Freezing Tips
One of the best things about million-dollar spaghetti is that it’s a great make-ahead dish.
You can easily assemble it in advance and then bake it when you’re ready to eat.
Here are a few tips for making, storing, and freezing this delicious casserole:
- Assemble the casserole in a baking dish and cover it tightly with foil.
- Refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking.
- When you’re ready to bake, remove the foil and bake it as directed. Add a few extra minutes to the baking time to account for the chilled casserole.
- If you have leftovers, store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place a serving of the spaghetti in a microwave-safe dish and heat it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- It’s not recommended to freeze this dish after it has been baked, but it can be made ahead of time.
- Use a disposable foil pan and freeze the unbaked spaghetti casserole, tightly covered for up to 1 month.
- When you’re ready to eat it, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight, then bake it as directed.
More Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?