Baked spaghetti is the answer to your dinner prayers!
This classic comfort food is a crowd-pleaser that’ll have everyone asking for seconds.
Gone are the days of boring old spaghetti with just tomato sauce on top.
This recipe is a delicious twist that’s packed with flavor and perfect for busy weekdays.
This dish is the ultimate solution for those busy nights when you still crave a scrumptious home-cooked meal.
With its simplicity to make, finger-licking taste, and crowd-pleasing appeal, baked spaghetti is the complete package.
First-time baked spaghetti makers, listen up! This dish is the perfect blend of spaghetti and lasagna.
Instead of just boiling your noodles, the baking process adds a layer of crispy, cheesy goodness that lasagna lovers can’t resist.
It’s the perfect middle ground between traditional spaghetti and baked ziti. So, you really can’t go wrong.
So, what makes baked spaghetti so irresistible?
For starters, it’s an easy, one-pan meal that requires just a few ingredients.
You can mix and match your favorite sauce, cheese, and toppings to create a dish that’s uniquely yours.
Plus, baked spaghetti is a great way to use up leftovers or feed a crowd.
Simply double or triple the recipe, pop it in the oven, and voila! Dinner is served.
But let’s talk about the real star of this dish: cheese!
Whether you prefer mozzarella, parmesan, or a blend of both, cheese is what takes baked spaghetti from good to great.
As the dish bakes, the cheese melts into the pasta and sauce, creating a creamy, gooey, and irresistible layer of flavor.
This classic casserole will quickly become a staple in your kitchen.
Serve up this delectable dish with lots of tasty garlic bread.
It’s the perfect sidekick for scooping up all that yummy sauce.
And if you’re feeling extra fancy, round out the meal with some roasted green beans or a fresh garden, green salad. Delish!
Spaghetti: This is the pasta base of the dish. A package of 16 ounces should be enough for this recipe.
Ground Beef: A pound of ground beef is going to add some protein and a meaty flavor to the dish.
Chopped Onion: Adding a chopped onion to the dish will add some depth of flavor and a bit of crunch.
Spaghetti Sauce: This jar of meatless spaghetti sauce provides a rich base for the dish. You can use any brand you like. Or, if you have the time, use a homemade sauce.
Seasoned Salt: A 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt will help to enhance the flavors of the dish.
Eggs: The eggs will help to bind the ingredients together and create a creamy texture.
Parmesan Cheese: Grated parmesan cheese will add a nutty and salty flavor to the dish.
Butter: Melted butter will add richness and a smooth texture to the dish.
Cottage Cheese: Cottage cheese adds so much creaminess and a wonderful tangy flavor.
Mozzarella Cheese: Last but not least, shredded mozzarella cheese will add a gooey, melted texture and a mild flavor.
How to Make Baked Spaghetti
- Get that pasta cookin’! Fill a pot with water and add some salt, then bring it to a boil. Once it’s boiling, add your spaghetti and cook until it’s tender (around 12 minutes).
Don’t forget to drain the spaghetti once it’s done cooking!
- Sizzle up some beef. In a big skillet, cook your beef and onions until the beef is browned and the onions are soft. This should take around 5 to 7 minutes.
Get rid of any excess oil, then stir in the spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt.
- Whisk away. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parmesan, and melted butter together. Then, add in your cooked spaghetti and give everything a good toss.
- Let’s get layering. Grab your 9×13-inch baking dish and start layering. First, put half of the spaghetti mixture in the dish.
Then, add half of the cottage cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, and half of the meat sauce. Repeat the layers and cover the dish with foil.
- Bake it to perfection! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake your dish for 40 minutes.
After 40 minutes, remove the foil and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake it for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
And now, it’s time to dig in and enjoy!
You can easily change up baked spaghetti to your liking::
- Meat variations: Try ground beef, sausage, chicken, or bacon in the dish. Mixing in different meats can create a new flavor profile every time you make it.
- Vegetable add-ins: Try adding bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, or zucchini for a healthy twist.
- Cheese options: Experiment with different cheeses, such as mozzarella, cheddar, parmesan, or provolone, to find your favorite combination.
- Sauce mix-ins: Try different sauces, such as marinara, alfredo, or pesto.
- Toppings: Sprinkle breadcrumbs or crushed crackers on top of the dish to add a crunchy texture.
- Pasta type: Use whole wheat or gluten-free pasta to make the dish healthier.
- Spicy touch: For a little heat, add red pepper flakes or jalapenos.
- Herbs: Herbs, such as basil, oregano, or thyme.
- Creative Toppings: Throw in some olives, sun-dried tomatoes, or roasted garlic, to add extra flavor and texture.
Can I Make this Ahead of Time?
You can absolutely make baked spaghetti ahead of time.
You have two options with this dish.
You can either prepare and assemble it a day before, keep it covered in the fridge, and bake it when you’re ready.
Or, you can freeze the assembled casserole for up to 2 months, then bake it later.
Just remember, before baking, let it sit at room temperature for a bit.
How to Store Baked Spaghetti
Here’s what you need to do:
Store it properly: After baking your delicious spaghetti, let it cool to room temperature.
Then, transfer it to an air-tight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Freeze it for later: Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, followed by aluminum foil or freezer-friendly containers.
This will help prevent freezer burn. When you’re ready to enjoy it again, simply let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Reheat with ease: Transfer it to an oven-safe dish, cover it with aluminum foil, and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes.
You can also use a microwave if you’re in a hurry.
Simply transfer your baked spaghetti to a microwave-safe dish and microwave it on high power for 2-3 minutes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?