If you want to add some pizzazz to your summer menu, try these sensational mango habanero chicken wings.
They’re sweet, juicy, and packed with spice!
I know buffalo wings are the classic go-to, but why not take things up a notch and serve these sweet and spicy wings instead?
They’re the perfect game-day snack, and that blend of mango, habanero, and crispy skin is guaranteed to win over the crowd!
So go ahead and give them a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Spicy Mango Habanero Chicken Wings recipe
Mango with habanero is a deliciously dynamic combination of flavors.
Sweet, juicy mango offsets the spice flawlessly, giving you a well-balanced and addictive sauce.
And when you pair that with crispy chicken wings, you’ll have a mind-blowingly scrumptious treat.
They’re sticky, sweet, and overflowing with flavor. Plus, the meat is oh-so-juicy and tender.
Is your mouth watering yet? Then let’s get cooking. These mango habanero chicken wings won’t make themselves!
Mango habanero is one of the most popular Wingstop flavors . And while chicken wings may sound complex, but you’ll only really need a few pantry staples!
For the Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings – To ensure a juicy bite, use fresh chicken wings if you can. But if you’re using frozen, make sure they properly thaw out before cooking.
- Cornstarch – Cornstarch coats the wings, making them fry up nice and crisp.
- Vegetable Oil – It’s one of the key ingredients in deep-frying chicken because it has a high smoke point. If you choose an alternative, make sure it’s suitable for deep frying.
For the Mango-Habanero Glaze
- Habanero Peppers – This hot and spicy ingredient packs a punch of flavors that coats the chicken wings. It has a subtle fruity and floral taste making this dish stand out.
- Mango Nectar – For a slight tanginess and a lot of sweetness. It contrasts the spicy heat of habanero peppers making each bite a delight.
- Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce – Sriracha brings an extra spicy kick that complements the fruitiness of the mango.
- Honey – It adds a boost of wholesome sweetness that makes the glaze spicy and savory.
- Soy Sauce – A spicy, savory dish won’t be complete without soy sauce’s salty, umami flavor.
- Brown Sugar – The sugar helps with the caramelization of the glaze. It allows the sauce to cook up into a perfectly thick and rich consistency.
- Garlic – This ingredient adds a warm hint of flavor and an aromatic kick.
- Butter – It’s a staple ingredient that rounds out all the elements.
Tips for the Best Chicken Wings
- Dry the wings with paper towels before cooking. Water and oil don’t mix, and if they’re wet, they won’t crisp up!
- Thoroughly coat each piece of chicken with the dry ingredients before frying them. This step will help keep the chicken wings crispy as they cook.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the sweet/spice levels as needed. The recipe is pretty spicy as is, so feel free to add extra mango or honey.
- Make sure the oil is hot before frying. Check this by dipping a wooden spoon into the oil. If bubbles form around it, it’s hot enough for frying.
- For a thicker sauce, use fresh mangoes instead of mango nectar. Just blend them and add them to the mix.
- Don’t overcrowd the fryer. Fry the chicken in batches to keep the oil from losing too much heat.
How Spicy are Habaneros?
Habaneros are hot and fiery. But where do they fall on the scale of the Scoville scale?
Habaneros are very spicy and range from 100,000 to 350,000. They’re about 100 times hotter than jalapeños and about 50 times hotter than Serrano peppers. The taste is scorching hot, but not overwhelmingly so.
Not only that, but they have a unique fruity flavor too.
If you prefer less spice, use milder peppers or minimize the number of habaneros.
More Chicken Wing Recipes You’ll Love
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?