Add a flavorful twist to your usual side dish routine with honey Sriracha Brussels sprouts!
Oven-roasted Brussels sprouts are coated with the sweet heat of honey and Sriracha sauce. It’s a side dish that’s delicious, healthy, and easy to prepare.
And the best part? It’s ideal for weeknight dinners and sophisticated enough for a dinner party. This dish promises to turn even the pickiest eaters into Brussels sprouts fans.
Try this recipe today and prepare to change how you think about this underrated veggie.
Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
This recipe elevates this humble vegetable to new heights. It’s made by seasoning and roasting Brussels sprouts. Then, a sweet-spicy glaze is added.
The roasting process helps the sprouts achieve a pleasantly crispy exterior and a tender interior. It brings out their naturally sweet and slightly nutty flavor.
But the magic happens post-roasting. They’re tossed in an irresistible blend of honey and sriracha sauce.
With its natural sweetness and subtle floral notes, the honey beautifully balances the fiery sriracha kick.
A dash of red pepper flakes is added for an extra burst of heat. Every bite of this dish packs a spicy flavor explosion.
Perfectly roasted, sticky, sweet, and spicy, these Brussels sprouts are more than just a side dish. The honey sriracha glaze makes them a taste sensation that steals the show.
- Brussels sprouts – The star ingredient of the dish. They’re roasted to crisp, caramelized perfection.
- Olive oil – It’s used to coat the Brussels sprouts before roasting. It helps them crisp up and enhances their natural flavor.
- Red pepper flakes – They add a spicy kick to the dish. The heat can vary, so adjust the quantity according to your taste.
- Honey – Its natural sweetness helps balance the heat from the Sriracha. It also helps to create a nice caramelization on the sprouts when roasting.
- Sriracha Sauce – It gives the Brussels sprouts a tangy, spicy flavor.
- Salt and pepper – For seasoning. Use kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper for added depth of flavor.
How to Make Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts
1. Preheat oven and prepare baking sheet. Set the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. As it heats, lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Season the Brussels sprouts. In a bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Toss the sprouts in this mixture until they’re well coated.
3. Cook seasoned Brussels sprouts. Spread the Brussels sprouts evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Roast the Brussels sprouts in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
4. Make the honey Sriracha glaze. Combine the honey and Sriracha sauce, and mix them well until they’re well incorporated.
5. Remove the cooked Brussels sprouts from the oven and drizzle with the glaze. Pour the honey Sriracha glaze over the hot sprouts. Toss everything together until all the sprouts are evenly coated.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Brussels Sprouts
- Look for Brussels sprouts that are bright green with tightly packed leaves. Avoid any with yellow leaves or black spots.
- Trim off the tough ends and remove any discolored outer leaves. Cutting the sprouts in half will allow them to roast more evenly and absorb more flavor.
- Avoid overcrowding the baking sheet to ensure each piece is well-roasted.
- Every oven is different. Start checking the Brussels sprouts a few minutes before the recommended roasting time. They should be tender and caramelized but not burnt.
- Adjust the spice level by adding or reducing red pepper flakes according to your preference.
- While this recipe is delicious as-is, feel free to add extras. Add chopped nuts, crumbled bacon, or grated Parmesan cheese for extra flavor and texture.
1. Grilled Chicken: Smoky, savory grilled chicken pairs wonderfully with the caramelized sweetness of roasted Brussels sprouts.
2. Steak: A good steak’s rich, hearty taste is a classic pairing with Brussels sprouts.
3. Salmon: The light, flavorful profile of salmon complements the robust taste of Brussels sprouts.
4. Pork Chops: A juicy, well-seasoned pork chop makes a great combination with the spicy-sweet flavor of honey Sriracha Brussels sprouts.
5. Baked Macaroni and Cheese: The creamy, cheesy macaroni contrasts nicely with the slightly crunchy and spicy Brussels sprouts.
6. Mashed Potatoes: The creaminess of mashed potatoes works well as a counterpoint to the crunch of Brussels sprouts.
7. Lasagna: The rich, cheesy layers of lasagna can complement the hearty Brussels sprouts well.
8. Risotto: Bring a burst of crunchy goodness to contrast the creamy, hearty texture of risotto.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Storing: Once your honey Sriracha Brussels sprouts have cooled to room temperature, transfer them into an air-tight container. Store the container in the refrigerator. The sprouts should stay fresh for up to 3-4 days.
You can freeze the roasted Brussels sprouts to keep them longer, but the texture will change.
Reheating: The best method for reheating your sprouts is by using the oven. It will help keep the sprouts’ texture crisp.
Reheat the Brussels sprouts in the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat the sprouts in the oven for about 5-10 minutes or until they’re heated through.
If the sprouts are drying out, you can drizzle olive oil on top before reheating them.
Avoid using a microwave to reheat the Brussels sprouts if possible, as this can make them soggy. However, you can use the microwave if you’re short on time.
Place the sprouts in a microwave-safe bowl and heat them on high for 30 to 60 seconds. Stir halfway through to ensure even heating.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?