Bring the taste of Disney right into your kitchen with these tasty churro bites. Recipe shared directly from Disney.
Apart from the rides, the mascots, and the overall vibe, the food offerings at Disney parks are also just as magical. Case in point: their churros!
This signature snack is so heavenly, I sometimes dream about going to Disneyland just to have a bite.
If you’re like me who can’t wait to have a taste of the iconic Disney churro, good news! The happiest place on earth just did us a solid and shared the secret recipe. So now you can make this classic churro in the comfort of your home
Bring a little Disney magic right into your kitchen.
What are Churros?
A churro is a deep-fried pastry dough that is usually rolled in cinnamon sugar. It’s a lot like a donut in consistency and flavor, but not as cakey. That’s because it makes use of a Choux pastry, which contains a ton of eggs and butter.
Churros may be eaten as is or dipped in a sweet sauce such as melted chocolate or my favorite, Dulce de leche (also known as caramel)!
These tasty bites of perfection originated from Spain and Portugal, but it’s famous in other parts of the world as well. They’re most often found at carnivals, fairs, and theme parks.
Tips & Tricks
- Don’t delay making the cinnamon-sugar mixture for later. It’s best to prepare it early on so you can coat the churros right after cooking. The hotter the churros, the better the mixture sticks to them.
- No piping bag? No problem – use a Ziploc bag instead. Just cut a small hole at one of the corners and you’re all set.
- Make sure your oil is just the right level of hot. If it’s too hot, your churros will turn black in an instant. Adjust the heat settings from time to time to keep the temperature consistent. Best to use a cooking thermometer to ensure you have the right temperature.
- You can still make churros successfully even if you don’t have a cooking thermometer, you’ll just have to be more vigilant. Check the temperature by putting a small chunk of batter into the oil. If it sizzles the moment it touches the oil, you’re ready. But, if it smokes right away, the oil is way too hot.
- Don’t save them for tomorrow! Churros should be eaten within the same day, otherwise, they’ll lose their crispiness.
How to Make Disney Churro Bites
What I love about this churro recipe is that it only calls for basic pantry ingredients. That means we can make them any time, any day!
Churros are best eaten right after cooking. Serve them with your favorite dip and watch them disappear in seconds.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?